Serial Starters

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Thanks all for the welcome!

Yay Dawn! I started my current job 18 months ago and it was terrifying. So much to get used to -- new things to do, new colleagues, new routines. Day by day, it gets better. Good for you for exercising new "muscles." Change is hard and you're showing a lot of courage. Good for you!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,961 Member

Dawn - I vaguely remember using a microscope in biology class/lab in high school, but that was it.
    Good for you for making it through another day. :smiley:

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    tlsb2016 wrote: »
    Thanks all for the welcome!

Yay Dawn! I started my current job 18 months ago and it was terrifying. So much to get used to -- new things to do, new colleagues, new routines. Day by day, it gets better. Good for you for exercising new "muscles." Change is hard and you're showing a lot of courage. Good for you!

Thank you so much Tess...I lost my job that I had been at for 5 years... so, starting something new sent me into a bit of a panic... congrats on your new job... hope you enjoy it... this one is getting more enjoyable each day.... just so much to learn... also, I'm very anti social, so meeting new people is not fun for me... but, it's going pretty good as well...
  • arniedog74
    Dawn - I vaguely remember using a microscope in biology class/lab in high school, but that was it.
    Good for you for making it through another day. :smiley:

Lana

I never had those classes... so, I didn't get to experience the fun... it's really exciting when you see things... but, because it's all new to me, what I think I see is actually supposed to be there...lol... I'll figure it out...I think :)
  • arniedog74
    Thank you so much Kathryn and Ali
    ..I appreciate it
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,380 Member
    Good evening,

Dawn better you than me, I break things too often.

Coworker just became a grandmother and I offered the baby blanket I just started, she said no too big but a hat?? Considering the heat I am grateful for the smaller project. Her daughter (new mother) wants to also knit hats and donate like I do, which is magical.

Lasagna in oven, took out of fridge what I planned to have tonight so it is ready for tomorrow....thawed.

Lady at work who makes pickles - I have knitted things before for her and her family - said that pickle relish and bread and butter pickles are possible and is my order for her. I saw someone at work with cucumbers that are excellent for pickles and got me thinking. Lady who makes pickles like to recycle the jars and rings and I told her I will have some for her. Love it when people can barter skills. Not sure when said pickles will find me but I am not in a hurry.

Dogs and divorces? I have heard of cases it is worse than child custody.....

Lana - your current goal will find you - believe it.

Cboys better tow the line, I am in one of those moods. Maybe I need to throw things on the floor so I can watch them pick things up??

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537

Missy!!!!!!!
    So good to see you!

Hey - I got an email from American Airlines late this evening, and they said that some heavy rains and thunderstorms are supposed to hit the northeast this Friday over to Saturday, and I was booked to fly north on Saturday. At the suggestion of the email, I called the airline and rebooked for Sunday, with out a change fee.
    I'm so lucky to be able to do that. I hate being at the airport when flights are getting cancelled and you can't tell if your flight is going to go or not. Happens a lot in the summer with the storms.

I suppose I should go back to bed now and hope to fall asleep!
    I hope everyone is all snugly in their beds.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Oh Sara - I didn't see your post after Missy's. You were on the next page, and I am not too awfully sharp tonight.
    Bartering is cool. Pickles sound wonderful right now, but I better get back to bed.

The Cabana Boys do love it when you play with them~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Missy - Thank you! I haven't been there long enough to know if dogs love this vet... but, the Dr's and all the girls are really good and loving.... it's hard to find a vet that dogs love... cuz, they don't understand and they get nervous... but, it's a really good thing that you found one

Sara - I'm a real clutz... yesterday, I was shown how to look thru a "refractrometer" (not sure if that's right word) as I'm handed the instrument, I'm told, "This is about $200.00. So, don't drop it" I wanted to set it down and run away...

Up way too early for my day off... it's raining pretty good...we need it for sure... pup must be losing her hearing as she hasn't even noticed it, yet... putting off taking them out, cuz then she will for sure freak out...

SO home tonight...YAY! Guess things haven't been going so well... he wanted to come home last night...it's hard being away from home... especially, when they're close enough they could drive... not sure if he'll go back next week...I'm sure he will... he just needs a break..

Well, dogs are getting restless... guess peaceful time is over...

Hoping to get some more rest...
    Have a great day all
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Paper did not wake dog up so I am here later than usual. Stating fact not complaining.

Missy, glad you are doing well.

Dawn as you get more comfortable at workplace handling expensive things wont be so bad. I of all people worked in Crystal and China and in the months I was there only broke 3 things. It does get easier.

Alarm set to take dog out, so like Dawn a little more ZZZ would be nice.

Wave to all who follow will lurk from work.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning All~~

Thank goodness for morning coffee.

*tossing bag, towel, and flip-flops onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    wowie just put in my meals - red all over the place - so glad I dont always eat like this.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    So today I'm spending going back and forth to the hospital where my mom is until at least Monday. They're checking her heart and suspect she has angina. It couldn't be the hospital close to me darn it.

Have a great Thursday
  • arniedog74
    Waves to Lana! Sounds like a good day...

Ali - sorry about your Mom... what does this mean about the procedure she is to have on her brain? Hope she's ok...

Sara - I'm sure you are fine... like you said, it's not every day... one day shouldn't mess you up, too bad...I'm always in the red..

Lazy day here... rain stopped... now it's muggy.. ugh

Will stop by later...
    Have a great rest of the day
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Thursday

Was doing great until sugar found me last night as DH brought me chocolate covered peanuts as "pain pills" since my back has been so achy. Shame on him! I dutifully tracked and went over on everything.

Good today until boss brought ice cream as a way of saying "thank you for your service" before a few of us move to a different team as part of a re-org. I felt I couldn't say no to having a little bit. Will eat well the rest of the day. Planning to try out our new TRX suspension system tonight as a way to work on core strength and arms.

Not very happy about announcement today regarding who my new boss will be effective August 9th. She does not give me warm fuzzies. I hope she's not a bear to work for. Just let me do my job and approve my leave when I request it and we'll get along fine.

Went mattress shopping last night and DH ordered new king size bed this morning! Hoping this will at least help me with my back and hip. Lucky to be able to get into massage person on Saturday afternoon, as well.

Wanted to book a "date night" with DH to attend a local baseball game tomorrow night on the Sports Deck where there is free food and drinks. But not sure I would behave myself, so undecided.

Ali - hope your mom is okay!

Hi Missy!

Dawn - have patience and take it easy on yourself!

Better get some work done.

Annie

• Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Hi all,

Thank you so much for the kind words it really means a lot.

Ali, I really hope your mom gets better soon :)

ASalner, I would say go out with DH to the game & have a fantastic date night! Life is way too short to say no to what sounds like a potentially great date night...have fun & enjoy yourselves.

Hope everyone had a good day & will enjoy their evening.
  • arniedog74
    Annie - thank you! And, I agree with Saltine24... enjoy a date night... each day is a new day... don't beat yourself up.. just start again tomorrow... after having a horrible manager for 2 years, I hope your new boss turns out to not be as bad as you're afraid... bad bosses make work so miserable...

I received a reply from the "Chairman of the Board " of the shelter (he calls himself that... he's really President) it made me so angry... he said, "I'm sorry you choose to leave" WOW! The BS never ends... so, I sent him a reply, again explaining I didn't "choose to leave" cuz he obviously misunderstood my original email..I'm not holding onto the anger... he's not worth it... just proves, the members of the Board do not care about the employees or the animals... they only care about the Mgr and money...I'm still sad about the animals... but, I am better being away from that poisonous place...
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Ali - sorry about your mom. does this postpone her surgery? hope she recovers soon!

Sara - wish i had a skill i could barter with! bartering is such a great thing!

Annie - do the ballgame. its date night. just watch what you reach for when it comes to food. i'd say enlist the support of DH but the chocolate covered "pain pills" makes me wonder.

Dawn - sounds like you are doing great at the vet! i had to use microscopes in highshcool and college. dont remember much about them other than friends and i using them to check for split ends. LOL

@gemwolf110 - that is a good way to look at going to the gym! never thought of it that way before!

I have a new great niece! Margaret "Maggie" Rey was born last night. 8 lb 6 oz. 21 1/2" long. A big healthy girl! That brings the grand total to 8 great-nieces and 2 great-nephews, all under the age of 6!! It is a very loud houseful when we all get together!

*useless fact of the day* The gender-neutral term encompassing both nephews and nieces is nibling.

Have been trying to find shoes to wear with my mother-of-the-groom dress. I think its more difficult to find shoes than it was to find the dress - and that search felt never-ending!

now to leave instructions for my kids for the weekend and finish packing for the trip tomorrow!

*waves to everyone* hope you all have a good weekend!!
  • LanaCabana537

Kathryn - Happy to hear about your new niece! Congratulations~~
    That is very funny about checking for split ends!

Ali - sending good vibes for your mother. Such a long time to be in the hospital, and over the weekend too. :(

Annie - the new bed should help your back, I hope. As for that baseball game, there will be advantages to both going and not going.....but you probably should go...

Waves to Dawn, and Saltine, and Sara, and Tess, and RSGold, and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

240.6 today, again, still....
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Hi all. So mom has angina and gets am angiogram to check things over tomorrow. Not sure if this will affect the brain thing. That won't be for another 6 months or so. We can get this dealt with. My brother and I had fun at the hospital. Found a machine to disinfect our phones, snooped in the supply bins. We're kinda silly