Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,380 Member
    Good evening

Set off fire alarm because I set my electric range unit on high - luckily it did not last long and I dont usually use High anyway but good reminder.

Doubled zucchini enchilada recipe and have some full ones and some not. Pot of rice on stove as enchilada sauce is a little spicy for me.

May stop by before lights out.

Wishing all a good evening.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,961 Member

'night all~~

Lana

• rachelsambrown8
    rachelsambrown8 Posts: 20 Member
    Over and over and over and over and over again!!!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Night Lana

Sara - I used to set off smoke alarm, all the time...SO says, "you do know that's not a timer, right" so amusing...

Welcome rachelsambrown8!

I knew I felt like I was gaining... but, stepping on the scale tonight, was a slap in the face...I know, I shouldn't weigh myself at night... just did...I am bloated as well... just need to do better, move more...

Hope I start feeling normal, soon...I feel like all I want to do is sleep...PMS is definitely not helping... just drains me...

Have a good night all...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Just another Manic Monday - wish it were Sunday......

Weigh in was a 0 which I will take.

Window open first time since Thursday and it is welcome.

Dawn - weigh yourself in the morning to see if it is kinder to you.... it may take awhile to get the body back in the daytime working hours.

Hope for a little more sleep before work.

Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara and Dawn and welcome to Rachel~~

Only 5 hours sleep last night--couldn't get back to sleep. Everything is achy and joints hurt--side effect of the Femara drug I must take.
    So, I'm having some coffee and will take a shower and walk over to the little shopping center for a new black and white composition book that I use for my written journal/tracker. Maybe I'll buy some cute wrapping paper to cover it with, which I usually do.

Yesterday's weigh in was very very close to my mini-goal of 240.5. Scale said 240.8. I keep chugging along.
    My old favorite Weight Watcher Leader told us about HIS old favorite Leader, and she always said in a gravelly New York voice: "If you work it, it works!"

BBL
    Lana

240.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal for fall of 2018
  • LanaCabana537

Dawn - that is very funny what your SO says about the kitchen smoke alarm!

The Cabana Boys will be following you today with their Magic Fairy Dust to help bolster you on your first day at the new vet!

Hugs~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Good morning Sara and Lana-

Appreciate the help from CBoys today as I didn't get much sleep... woke up at 1:30am and never got back to sleep... going to be a long day... had to take SO to coworkers house before 6:00am... he will be working out of town until Thursday...I don't like when he is gone... but, gotta do what ya gotta do...

Ok, gonna find something to eat and start to get ready... fingers crossed it goes well..

Have a great day ladies and everyone who stops by...
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Monday

Back to work after being off for a week. Sigh. Put on a dress with shapewear underneath and boy is this shapewear tight! Another good incentive to stick with it.

Lana - congrats on your WI! You are an inspiration!

Dawn - good luck today!

I am committing to tracking everything every day from now to Christmas. Planning to stay in the green most of those days. Will work in exercise as I am able. Back and hip still being very achy.

Good plan for the day. Now to work the plan.

Happy Monday, everyone!

Annie

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Hey Lana that weight today looks awesome way to go.

I dropped the boy off at Coding camp, they seriously have camps for everything nowadays and then I walked home since it's just over 1km away. Wow it's hot already but on my walk I saw a man fly off the sidewalk and fall into the street. A man waiting to drive across stopped to check on him but the man waved off all attempts at assistance and got up and walked away. We're all lucky he didn't hit his head but it was nice to see lots of bystanders stopping and showing concern.

I'm off to the dr in an hour. We shall see what she says.

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and it carries over and makes today wonderful as well.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Dawn - Good luck today at the new job! Remember, you dont have to learn everything all at once. break it down into "chunks" and learn it one chunk at a time. When those negative thoughts hit, take a moment - breathe - and review whats gone right, count your blessings, etc.

Ali - good luck at the dr.

Lana - great job!

Went to a gender reveal party for a good friend this weekend. The food was scrumptious! I tried to fill up mostly on fruit. But the brisket and rib tips were so yummy! And I had cake. I have been consistent with my tracking and i made sure i tracked all those calories. Seeing that number in black & white was a bit unnerving.

Got on scale this morning and was not thrilled. Weight is back up 3 pounds but I'm not overly discouraged. I know part of that is PMS. :/
  • AliNouveau
    Mmm cake. I've been craving sweets lately I think it's pms. What was the gender revealed?

Do the Dr said my symptoms are atypical of plantar fasciitis or an Achilles issue so she sent me for x rays and gave me a prescription for anti inflammatories and a referral to a sports medicine Dr. I'll try physio again and see if they have a sports Dr there. I suspect it is just annoying and something I have to live with until it goes away.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Ali - it is a girl. they are naming her Briella. due in January. the cake was definitely pink -- strawberry cake with a strawberry cream filling and vanilla butter cream frosting.
    Hope your foot is something simple and it heals quickly.
  • AliNouveau
    Yummy that cake sounds delish. And cute name.

I cancelled physio for tomorrow I wanted to make sure the Dr doesn't see anything on the x rays before going back and I'm not sure it's doing anything.

Omg my son forgot his adhd meds today. He's wild but he's hungry and always underweight so I'm taking this as a chance to make him eat....lots
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Hi all,

Great WL Lana :)

Arniedog74 - I weigh myself a couple times a day morning & when I get home from work, my weight is always higher come the end of the day by at least a couple pounds, then morning it is back to normal or less (which is never a bad thing ;) )

My weekend was not great for calories, but at least I didn't gain my usual 2+lbs. No workout today as I had to give up my lunch break due to lack of coverage, maybe it will not be too hot out to take my little puppies for a walk tonight...maybe. Oh well tomorrow is another day & hopefully I can get to the gym!

Have a great night...

• arniedog74
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Ali - it is a girl. they are naming her Briella. due in January. the cake was definitely pink -- strawberry cake with a strawberry cream filling and vanilla butter cream frosting.
    Hope your foot is something simple and it heals quickly.

My niece's name is Brielle! Such a cute name... congrats to them!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2017
    Hello to Sara and Saltine and Kathryn and RSGold~~

Ali - What did the doctor say about your foot? Are you waiting on any X-ray results and what's next?

Dawn - How are you doing? I hope Day One wasn't too overwhelming!

Annie - Hold on tight and stick with it, and you will have the success you want!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Waited too long to eat dinner and am paying for it in headache.

Leftover enchilada and rice - nice easy dinner.

I may be able to open windows before lights out - it is supposed to be cooler outside..... nice for end of July.

Wishing all a great night.
  • AliNouveau
    Mmm enchiladas.

I'm just making dinner and it's 9 pm. No sign of the husband so I've decided I'm hungry in making dinner.

Lana the Dr doesn't know what wrong with my foot but had x rays to check for arthritis on anything else. I doubt they'll find a trying so I'll just keep going to physio
  • arniedog74
    Lana - first day was good... busy... but good... overwhelming, but not as bad as when I shawdowed, even though I was so tired...the computer part is just scaring the crap outta me...I know how to use a computer (sorta) but, the program they use...I'm completely lost... completely

Did get some good news...the girl that is going to college, got accepted and will be leaving Aug 15th... so, if I want the hours, I can have them... that will help so much...

Hopefully, I can catch on and it will work for me..