Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Haven't logged more than five days in a row this year. Yesterday I actually logged 15! And have lost two pounds. So I'm here to be accountable to lose more weight
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    Bought a canister vacuum in an attempt to lessen the dust in my living space. Boy howdy that canister was stuffed even before I was done. Paid itself off in my book.

Never weigh yourself after dinner if you are used to weighing yourself in the morning. Not a pretty picture. Weigh in is tomorrow. Technically it is PMS time so I have no hope of loss but I will have to weigh in anyway.

With dejunking/cleaning and the heat I will enjoy my evening shower. Laundry tomorrow. I used to have so many jobs in my past that I had to work holidays, that I know I am lucky to have tomorrow off.

I may have to pick myself up tomorrow (based on weigh in) and find a better way to deal with the weight. No more nuts in house will help greatly. >:)

12Sarah welcome it is about holding yourself accountable even when the scale is cruel.

Wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weigh in up again. Since starting bp meds I have gained over 10 pounds. On new meds and will work on the food intake. Smaller dinners and more walking. Also possible pms going on, so much fun at once - who needs a soap opera?

A little more cleaning /laundry today and will take myself out for lunch and bring leftovers for dinner (a WW habit I stopped doing).

Wave to all who follow. For those who have the day off, I hope you are enjoying it.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Monday!

Hello all! It’s been a few days! I’ve been in Jacksonville all weekend visiting my husbands family! It’s been a nice weekend, but eating healthy has been difficult. His family eats almost every meal out and does not pick healthy spots. I’ve been doing a lot of grilled chicken and stuff but yeah... just not great! We are about to head out here and I really need to get back on track. Going to make a point to eat a healthy breakfast and not snack on the road!

Anyway! I hope everyone has a great day and holiday! Enjoy.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Baby blanket is done and ready to go.

FB has a 10.000 step a day challenge for September while I wont get that high, I can make an effort to daily get more..... sure helps counter my last couple of months of stress eating.....

Not sure which chore to do next....
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    Baby blanket is done and ready to go.

FB has a 10.000 step a day challenge for September while I wont get that high, I can make an effort to daily get more..... sure helps counter my last couple of months of stress eating.....

Not sure which chore to do next....

Good morning Sara,
    Is it Facebook that has the challenge for the 10K steps per day?
    It is stupid-humid here in Illinois today with the sun out. I will not be walking outdoors, I know. MIL made scones this morning so I had two of them, which likely equals one store bought scone. Skim milk and black coffee with that. I this FIL is grilling chicken/vegetable kebabs for dinner, so that will be a good counter-balance.
    Yikes.

Waving to everyone who has stopped by or will later on. Happy Labor Day!

Lana

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been here but not posting. This last week at work was crazy. Woulda thought it was middle of summer. Being down 2 girls, I don't have an actual day off. Depending on the weekend, I get Sunday off. This was not one of those weekends. Today, we are closed, but I go in this afternoon to take care of boarded animals. Actually got to sleep in this morning. I joined a FB page that shares WW recipes. There are some great recipes. I tried pumpkin pancakes this morning... oh my goodness... they were yummy...I like seeing pics of everyone's journey, but get a bit discouraged. If only I knew how many points I could have, I might be able to do WW, somewhat. Each recipe they share has points value. I know it's a lot different than when I did WW years ago. I did really well with that point system. Even reached goal, once...

Scentsy's new Fall/ Winter catalog is out... there are some great new items and scents.. they also offer "Whiff boxes" that you can order once a month or as many times as you like... they are $30 and include items of higher value. Each month is new/ different product. I'm so excited, thinking about doing it myself...hehe

Welcome to all new members.
    Waves to Sara, Lana, Eryn, Missy and everyone else that stops by..

Have a great Labor day!

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9585798
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana, yes it is a FaceBook challenge that I did not personally sign up for but not a bad idea. Did one lap around my "evening walk" and hope to so so later on. Stupid humid weather calls for more water drinking (native of ILL myself so I am familiar with that weather - dont like it- but familiar with it).

Dawn, much of WW is habits, so I am trying to weave some of WW habits back into my life. Eating better is eating better points or no points. They changed so far away from what I learned it may as well be in computer language. :s

New vacuum is doing such a good job that I can burn scentsy and smell it much better.Love the Cozy Chai. The 2 canisters full of dust/hair was an eye opener.

Off to early lunch with leftovers for dinner.

• Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all!!

Have not been feeling well this weekend. I desperately need to go grocery shopping, but don’t have the energy to go out much. The appeal of Mac & Cheese is quickly being lost to me and I want to have more variety. It is hard on disability. Reminds me too much of growing up with my mom on welfare my whole childhood. We’d get money at the beginning of the month, she’d spend it within a few days and we’d live/eat like queens for a moment, then reality hit and we’d be at the food shelf and in church basements for handouts, then the cycle of binge & constrict became wedged into my very existence. Don’t get me wrong... I love that places donate and give to those in need. I do not like having no say over it - and therefore, what goes into my body. So, I struggle to break that cycle - even decades later. My insomnia, depression, and chronic pain can make the journey feel even harder, but I plod on remembering that I’ve done it before - a few times - and when I cool off from being ticked at myself, I can focus and do it again. I long for the days when I used to work two and three jobs!!

Going to spend some time trolling the internet, looking for ideas to put on my grocery list and hopefully get to the store today. Want to do some cleaning/organizing, too. If I am super ambitious later, maybe even get to a laundromat.

Looking forward to it cooling down hopefully soon. I am a transplant from Minnesota and these Oklahoma summers really sucker punch me in the gut. Even in winter in Minnesota for years before I moved, I wore a sweater or light jacket all winter back home. Here, shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops all winter. I am not looking to peremenopause if I am already turning this hot blooded in my late 30s & early 40s.

Have a great day!!
    Runa 🦋💗🤗✌🏼🌸
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Runa - at least you realize the limitations you are facing with food some people never do. Find your easiest habit or food to start again and go slowly pssst this is not a race ( even though it feels like it). Consider what herbs/spices can do to give your everyday meals a little more variety - many dollar stores have okay brands and not too high $$$.

Romance novel calls - my ultimate escape vehicle.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/veggie-lasagna-stuffed-portobello/

Something to think about for smaller dinners or maybe just because........
  • arniedog74
    Options
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/veggie-lasagna-stuffed-portobello/

Something to think about for smaller dinners or maybe just because........

Those look delicious!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Missy- looking at all the posts... people losing 20+ lbs in 1- 2 months... makes me want to try...I just can't afford and, only meetings in my area are Thursday evenings...I'm hoping, I can at least get some yummy food ideas... hope you don't walk into too much craziness at work...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

I almost typed MONDAY - okay it is back to work for me. Three day weekend after month's end, things will be crazy stupid at work. Earphones and good coffee would help.

Missy/Dawn - there are websites out there that post recipes, my favorite is Skinnytaste as she has many "diet" options but she posts WW points for each entree. Her recipes are realistic in that the ingredients are in most stores. I miss the support system. Like you - money is tight and so I keep trying my best.

Getting my ascot / kitten out and walking after dinner is my goal this week. After all the work I put in this weekend on my to do list sleep was not a problem. Carpet much cleaner and so I hope dog is doing better with allergies.

Many of my projects are done (baby blanket and two baby hats), will have to spend some time casting on stitches for next set of items. Luckily my walking takes 10-15 minutes and while that will increase as Saltine's walking has inspired me I am not there yet.

Dog is fed. Oatmeal is on stove and snoring outside window is not constant. They have a large dog...... just wonder.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning girls.

I too have been thinking of joining WW again for about 4 to 6 months.
    The price is annoyingly steep, but if I cut out the sweets purchases I make every month, the price "comes down" to closer to 30 dollars outlay per month.

Reasons for me to do it now for 4 months or so:

1) the Eating Season of holidays is coming

2) I badly need an interesting change to how I score my food, and

3) so many of the core foods on WW have no points, so tracking should be easier

4) Colder weather is coming - my pool will not be swimmable. Easy exercise will be reduced to only walking.

5) Colder weather is coming, and I tend to "hide" the fat Lana in winter clothes and put my head in the sand.

Hmmm......

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana keep us posted on your WW adventure. A lot of us know your 5 reasons well.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Busy but nice morning. Ended up calling off of work because I couldn't bring myself to go - ha! Now going to stay home and relax and meal prep some lunches. I didn't have time yesterday after driving back from Florida. Did go to the grocery store and got a few extra things for the week - mostly some fresh fruit and veggies. Going to try this whole30 stuff, I think. Weighed myself this morning and now won't for 30 days. A coworker did this and intermittent fasting and lost 14 lbs in a month - and she wasn't even overweight! I know it'll be tough but think I need something serious.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello all
    Was disconnected all weekend. Enjoyed it, but was a rainy dreary weekend.
    Back to the routines today. Even resolved to start new ones. Dog and I got out for a walk before work. My daughter is back to school today, so the dog will be in kennel for more hours than she is used to. Good for me as well.
    Happy Tuesday! Only a 4 day work week! Yeah.
    Welcome to the new posters.
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    ErynVee wrote: »
    Good Morning!

Busy but nice morning. Ended up calling off of work because I couldn't bring myself to go - ha! Now going to stay home and relax and meal prep some lunches. I didn't have time yesterday after driving back from Florida. Did go to the grocery store and got a few extra things for the week - mostly some fresh fruit and veggies. Going to try this whole30 stuff, I think. Weighed myself this morning and now won't for 30 days. A coworker did this and intermittent fasting and lost 14 lbs in a month - and she wasn't even overweight! I know it'll be tough but think I need something serious.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

Eryn - Good luck with this. Keep us updated! It sounds interesting.

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Had great long weekend in the different Jeeps! The weather was gorgeous but hot and humid with crazy high heat indexes. Had to be very careful when we took Cal with us with plenty of ice, shade, his own personal fan and his cooling mat. He loves going in the Jeep and I swear he'd go if he had to pull the vehicle! Haha!

Almost done with the patio furniture recovering completed. Had a last minute change of plans and am putting velcro on the bottom cushion covers so I can take them off to wash. (or dry clean - can you believe that a majority of outdoor upholstery fabric is dry clean only? what the heck?! makes no sense to me)

The WW you mentioned was $44.95 - is that PER MONTH??

Am finding there may be a few residual effects from stroke (or I am blaming issues on it). Have to struggle occasionally to find specific words. When writing and sometimes when speaking, I know there is word that means what I want to say but I cant think of that word to save my life. Also have caught myself dragging my left foot every once in awhile, which I haven't done before. Will bring this up with my doctor at next appointment.

Still trying to get back to clean eating. This has been a struggle with such a busy schedule. I have managed to get a few extra steps in here and there, but not walking as much as I'd like to.