Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Nice to have a day off once in awhile, but it is back to work. Made my "to do" list for weekend - cleaning list.

Dawn - think long term on any changes eating wise.

Naughty me bought a large container of cashews - had 3 days worth yesterday. Hmmmm and I expect scale to go down? Get my "kitten" off my chair and move it.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    *still sniffling after good cry*

I stepped on a tree nut while out for a walk in the neighborhood.

Twisted ankle, knee gave out, fell to the sidewalk landed on right side and phone was in hand and took some of the weight of the fall. So phone screen is cracked in many places bottom left of screen.

I hit my head but unfortunately I am still alive. No broken bones. No bleeding.

I only clocked a mile. 😓

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Lana - with me last week it was a piece of tree bark (used for ground cover). Do you need to be medically seen?? Hope you are feeling better. Hot water bottle/heating pad?
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Serial starter starting again. Why is it so hard to get started
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana - hugs... hope you are ok... the next day is always the worst... maybe, phone saved from worse injury to you? We can say that, right? It sacrificed itself for you :)

Dlm4mom- the struggle for me is sticking with it... no motivation.. no one to keep my butt in line... lots of support and encouragement here... welcome

Sara - I have been tryin to really watch what I eat... definitely smaller portions... that's one reason I've become discouraged... even less soda..
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - I have a great help toward you reaching your goals! Check out the FAT2FIT Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group... This is an awesome group that helps provide lots of motivation and support.

We compete in a friendly weight loss competition - there are 5 teams of approximately 40 challengers per team. We have weekly group challenges, moderator challenges, individual challenges and right now we have a really big step challenge going on. This is a great site for boosting your motivation.

Check us out!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Questions - just tag me in a reply ( @steplaj ) or my co-moderator Irene ( @ihp2015 )

Thanks
    Steve
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning. TGIF.

When the nuts are done, no more until the Holidays. Too tempting.

Again the weekend looms and it is a long one. List of cleaning will keep me active this weekend, but meals for next week and still not in sight. Peppers in fruit/veg box has me thinking roasted veg/chicken.....

Just glad the snorer is not closer.... I have been known to myself and probably would get used to the sound eventually.....

Dawn, even the fact that you are thinking about it, is one step better than before your weight loss journey. If the answer were so easy, the world would run out of small size clothing! Hang in there.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Lana - sending healing thoughts your way! be sure to let your head heal also - concussions can be nasty.
    D4mom- welcome. I am pretty new to this group, but enjoying the company while I try to get back on track.
    Finally Friday and long weekend to boot. nothing really planned except cleaning out my garden and working on the house. More rain predicted, so maybe a swim in my own backyard (:
    Have a great Labor Day weekend all!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Katherine - thyroids are underestimated systems in our bodies - medicine often controls/manages things. Phew sigh of relief on the rest (frustration understood). Reward yourself this weekend. Shopping/extra nap?
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Happy Friday everyone ~~

We were supposed to have rain today, so I figured I was off the hook for taking a walk to get exercise......No rain.

I am doing OK after the fall yesterday. I just feel my normal self except sluggish, and I think that that is only due to the warmish temperatures here in the house where the jigsaw puzzle is under way. I love jigsaw puzzles--a chance to just rest the ruminating mind.

Kathryn - glad to hear that you got a report from doctor; I understand the idea of wanting to be able to "do something about the stroke". Hang in there. Keep us posted about thyroid.

Sara - sorry about that snoring.

Waving to Dawn and Missy and Tess and Eryn and Tracy and Tracey and Lynn and Saltine and anyone else who stops by later on.

Friday Happy Hour with the Cabana Boys later on....

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

XXX.xx today So weird being without a scale. But a nice change?
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,813 Member
    Options
    I am so looking forward to the long weekend. I am hoping to get into my craft room and finish organizing it. I need to have it in order because my busy season is just starting and right now I don't even want to step into it.

I was working on it last night when we received a call that my wonderful MIL had a heart attack. This is her second in two years. She is ok and being kept in the hospital until she can be transferred to another hospital for more tests.

In talking to my sister in law we are both very concerned about weight loss my MIL is experiencing. I talked to her (MIL) about 2 months ago and she told me she was in a size 14. In 2016 she was wearing a size 18-20. A month ago she told me was wearing a size 12. Last night my SIL told my husband that his mother was wearing a size 10 and could probably fit an 8.

This of course means nothing to the men in the family, but she is not dieting, she is not trying to lose weight. When they were assessing her this morning they realized that her kidneys may be shutting down. I fear there is something serious going on.

We live 3400 Miles away and domestic flights in Canada are ridiculously expensive. I am now trying to figure out how to come up with a couple thousand dollars to get home in the near future. I have been trying to figure out for myself as my Mom has been in a nursing home since last December and I feel I should go see her before she forgets who I am. It's times like this that I wish we lived closer.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh Tracey,
    Such news of your MIL. I feel bad and don't know what to say. Plus your own mother....Big, big hugs.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Regular errands. Cleaning and trips to garbage bin are my extra exercise for today.

Knitting and napping with any luck.

Dog is fed and we will snuggle up for more ZZZ. BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Rough day here. Not enough sleep; feeling awful. Heart is skippy. Doing paperwork. Ugh.

Lana
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am an ultimate serial starter. Last time I signed back up for MFP was 2015, I think. Have stayed within same 50 lbs range since 2014 and this last year, I have dabbled with just tracking and trying to increase water intake.

Now I have doctors concerned about my health and so I feel a bit more accountability. Trying to get back on the wagon and be more invested and dedicated to my health all around.

It’s going to take awhile to get to know names and such. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
  • pigskinprincess85
    Options
    Me 😞
    I would love some friends to support me and vice versa
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Spent day at pharmacy and doing 1/3 of my to do list. Made Garbanzo bean/chickpea patties and will make those again. My recipe from a cookbook used panko flakes but here is one possibility

https://www.health.com/health/recipe/0,,10000001966757,00.html

Welcome to the new posters! Weekends can be a little quiet, but you are very welcome to stop by and post.

Vacuum and bathroom duty tomorrow. Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Air quality good enough that I can air out as I do some very overdue Spring cleaning. Groceries and then back to my cleaning. Soccer on this morning and can work on and probably finish baby blanket for coworker her maternity leave date is next week, so just in time.

Making recipe found on skinnytaste for sheet pan chicken - found asparagus at store, so zucchini, onion, gypsy pepper and onion. Have 2nd chickpea patty to make salad for lunch.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

Your day sounds good!

All is OK here; odd to not be able to weigh in.....it will be what it will be.....

See the rest of you at the Cabana Club~~

Lana