Hello all~~

Just a quick peep!

Lana

252.8 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Good morning! Thank you all for thinking of my boy child. He is fine the school was just making sure. No head injury! Just worked from home and kept him resting. Got on the scale this morning, down again! Woo hoo hopefully I can keep it this way however we had a work breakfast this morning didn’t do great but not as terrible as I wanted to! Baby steps!
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Good morning all!

Dawn--so sorry about the co-worker who can't stay off her phone, ruining it for everyone. I have an old-timey pedometer. It works for me.

Sara--Thank you for the acknowledgement of 911. Keeping everyone who was personally touched in my thoughts.

Lana--Hi!

Ama--Great news on the scale!

As for me, after 4 days of solid exercise, I finally saw the scale dip to a new (for this time around of weight loss) low, which is the first time it's gone back down pre-State-Fair weight (end of August.) I have my free personal trainer workout tonight. I ordered a new cookbook (yes, I have a bit of a cookbook problem), which is Chef Eric Greenspan's WW book"Cooking Up Comfort". There's a zero point chili in there. I have a weekly produce box that comes and I've already planned my menu around this book (we're going to try the 0 point turkey chili, the lobster rolls (except we'll do them with shrimp), and then Chicken Cheesesteak with Peppers, Mushrooms & Onions. He's a chef who lost 50 lbs with WW, so I have high hopes that the recipes are good.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Happy Wednesday!
    Thanks Sara for the remembering. Lots of posts yesterday about all the people lost and their thoughts the day before. Be kind to yourself and others today and everyday!
    Congrats to ama and skinny on the scale moving.
    My sister is going to class to be a life/health coach. She is giving me some things as her guinea pig - starting with a questionairre about what in my life I wish to improve upon. Thought provoking.
    Have a great Wednesday. Raining "cats and dogs" here! I wish that would be way more fun than the current rain.

CW 186.8
    HW 207
    GW 170
  • Hi All,

Another hectic day here. I've driven about 500 work related miles in the last 3 days. I'm exhausted and its stopping me getting my steps in 😞

Dawn I'm rely sorry to hear about your stupid coworker. Can you not put your phone on silent and keep it in a pocket out of sight? I know that's breaking the rules but it's not as if you want to look at it.

Lots of remembering going on here for 9/11 too. A solemn time all round. I can still remember seeing the footage of it at the time and thinking it couldn't be real. My thoughts with everyone who lost someone.

Hugs and waves to all who need them and apologies I'm being useless at the moment. It gets better from tomorrow as I'm at my desk all day.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Another change at work... thanks to new coworker... no cell phones on our person, at any time... my cell phone is my pedometer... so, there goes my step counting... all because she can't stay off her phone... she hides and gets on her phone, when she is needed... it's not the end of the world... just frustrating... one person, really can ruin it for everyone... no, Dr's did not talk to her... it's better to punish everyone...I also decided I honestly can NOT trust anyone there...I just stick to myself and do my own thing...Hi Ho

Get a Fitbit! Then you can join the challenges those that have Fitbits
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Another change at work... thanks to new coworker... no cell phones on our person, at any time... my cell phone is my pedometer... so, there goes my step counting... all because she can't stay off her phone... she hides and gets on her phone, when she is needed... it's not the end of the world... just frustrating... one person, really can ruin it for everyone... no, Dr's did not talk to her... it's better to punish everyone...I also decided I honestly can NOT trust anyone there...I just stick to myself and do my own thing...Hi Ho

Get a Fitbit! Then you can join the challenges those that have Fitbits

I really want one! I just can't afford one :'(
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Dawn, at my place it is shoes and low cut tops. Women texting in the bathroom when there is a line...... I would love to take a picture and stick it up in a public place and show them we can see the shadow of the phone in the stall......not likely to happen.

There are pedometers that have lanyards and dont require phones, low tech person me has one. I know that means extra $$ but mine was less than $20 and it may be worth the piece of mind and keep you motivated??

Okay lights out for me and Miss T

I am going to look into finding something...I like the idea of the FitBit... can connect with people and be held accountable... lanyards really aren't compatible with my job... but, I'm sure there's something I can find to wear on wrist or clip on belt loop... the phone was just convenient, cuz it was in my pocket..
  • Dawn I don't know how much they are in the states but the basic Fitbit Inspire is just under £50 here, and I think it's a bargain at that price. It counts steps, reminds you to move every hour if you haven't, tracks sleep, lets you in on the challenges and accurately measures your calories burned. It even displays text messages from your phone and can be worn on your wrist or in a clip. I got mine from Amazon. Might be worth a look, or maybe even second hand ones.

I couldn't afford the expensive one and I've been very pleasantly surprised by what my little simple one can do.
  • brennerjlb
    I honestly love my fitbit zip. clips on pants or goes in a pocket. nothing on your wrist, etc. I think they are pretty cheap. Only tracks, doesn't buzz or do anything fancy. :)
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Dawn, at my place it is shoes and low cut tops. Women texting in the bathroom when there is a line...... I would love to take a picture and stick it up in a public place and show them we can see the shadow of the phone in the stall......not likely to happen.

There are pedometers that have lanyards and dont require phones, low tech person me has one. I know that means extra $$ but mine was less than $20 and it may be worth the piece of mind and keep you motivated??

Okay lights out for me and Miss T

I am going to look into finding something...I like the idea of the FitBit... can connect with people and be held accountable... lanyards really aren't compatible with my job... but, I'm sure there's something I can find to wear on wrist or clip on belt loop... the phone was just convenient, cuz it was in my pocket..

I have a couple of Fitbits that I don’t use anymore. They still work but I upgraded. Would you want a screen to see the steps or just dots?
  • ama3387
    THURSDAY

Good morning! I’m really enjoying this everyday check in. I’m laying in bed not wanting to do anything today! Alas I must I have work and kids practices after. But hubby and I did get a nice 3 mile walk in last night! Have a great day everyone.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Good morning,

Many people I know right now are having back issues. I have been there and Niki I hope you can be seen today by osteopath.

I have today off, but a dr/ pcp apt at 8:30 taking my knitting if I need to wait, and need to get a typing test done before 12:30 ( when they close). My to do list today.

The website I use for aromatherapy has a buy 3 roll on products (they call them rollies) get the 4th free. So now I can try some , the only other "deal" is when you buy 6 and while they may make great Christmas presents, I dont see how I need 6 of anything right now. Keeps decadent food out of reach if I have something coming in the mail.

Toss in a load of laundry and a nap and that may just describe my day. We shall see.

Wishing all a great day - wave to all who follow. Those going to work- hang in there.
  • ama3387
    Morning Ama, nice walk! I can only dream of walking 3 miles at the moment but it will happen!

I've had a half pound drop on the scale so that's good but now struggling with utterly debilitating back pain. Don't quite know what to do with myself. Nothing is comfortable. Literally can't move and can't sit or lie still. Hoping hubby's osteopath might be able to see me.

Hope everyone else is having a better day!

Awesome that the scale dropped! But I’m sorry to hear about the back pain. That is the worst, hopefully you will be able to get in to see the osteopath today.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    Thursday morning

Hello all. I no longer have Internet in my shoebox apartment, so for the next three days I will be a low profile, because managing this website on my tiny iPhone is extremely difficult.

I will go back and read everyone’s posts when I get home down south on Saturday.

Big hugs~~
    Lana
  • Nick3818
    Nick3818 Posts: 1 Member
    Been trying to lose weight for a long time. I have a lot to cut. Currently 440lbs and looking for some motivational support to help me on my weight loss journey. Recently lost 40lbs on Keto but stopped after 4 months. Looking for a more balanced diet option instead of drastically cutting major food groups.
  • ama3387
    Nick3818 wrote: »
    Been trying to lose weight for a long time. I have a lot to cut. Currently 440lbs and looking for some motivational support to help me on my weight loss journey. Recently lost 40lbs on Keto but stopped after 4 months. Looking for a more balanced diet option instead of drastically cutting major food groups.

Hey Nick! Awesome job on the 40 lbs loss! Just follow what MFP tells you your calories are and get any kind of extra movement you can! That’s what I’ve been doing, so far so good! I find checking in here once a day really helpful also!
  • brennerjlb
    Hi all!
    Lana - I did not have internet for three days at our house and we are in a deadzone for cell service. Very difficult lol. Came in to work early to catch up on things.
    Sara - what site do you buy your aromatherapy? My sister sells DoTerra so I dabble in some of their sales, but they are expensive.
    FOL - sorry to hear about your back. Once you start to mend I would recommend finding some Physical Therapy exercises for you as well. I hurt my lower back falling down steps and normally unless I am lifting it holds up pretty good - it's all in our core. Most important thing to strengthen!
    Nick3818- welcome and my suggestion - one day, one choice at a time. Evaluate food choices and when/why you are eating and ask yourself if you are really hungry. If not - don't eat. If so - fuel your body. :) Easier said than done - that is why we are all here.
    Waves to all! Have a great day! Lurking
    Lynn
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Good morning all!

NICK--welcome! Amazing job on the 40 lbs, and good for you for knowing you were ready to try something different than Keto. As with anything, change is sometimes a little scary, but in the end, you'll be glad.

All-I find fitness trackers and pedometers to be very motivating! I used to have something called a Misfit shine, but they seem to have discontinued it. It was pretty--you wore it as a pendant. It was waterproof and ran on a watch battery, so I almost never took it off. It was very basic, but I loved it. Not sure why they discontinued it.

Ama--great job on the walk. And, sometimes it's okay to relax in bed a little. That can be a form of self care, in a way!

Nic--great job on the loss on the scale. I hope you are able to get help for your back pain.

Sara--I'm so impressed you have a great plan for your day. I find those random unstructured days to be difficult (I almost always find myself rummaging through the fridge and cupboards out of boredom) so I'm glad you've got some things on your list to do.

Lana--Hi!

As for me, I'm down another pound or so. I had my free personal training appointment last night and was really motivated and happy with it. She showed me a bunch of stuff. Very low pressure. And told him first do this at 8 reps and gradually increase to 12. After you can do 12 work on setting it to two sets, then three sets, then come see me again. That seems very reasonable to me.

Busy day here at work today. I have a lot I want to do before jury duty next week!

Wave to all who lurk and all who follow!