What trendy foods do you refuse to purchase?

Options

Replies

• renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i gave into the pumpkin spice hype and bought pumpkin spice life cereal, after one bite i had to repent to jesus for that blasphemy

I saw limited edition pumpkin spice oreos a few months back and never tried them before, so I bought them, but they're way too sweet. One is my limit.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Any kind of nut "milk". And only because I don't believe for a minute it is "milk" of any sort. It's nut juice (which probably wouldn't sell as well).
    This made me laugh harder than it should have. B)
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    renae161 wrote: »
    i gave into the pumpkin spice hype and bought pumpkin spice life cereal, after one bite i had to repent to jesus for that blasphemy

I saw limited edition pumpkin spice oreos a few months back and never tried them before, so I bought them, but they're way too sweet. One is my limit.

see, all pumpkin spice is evil.
  • renae161
    Options
    _dixiana_ wrote: »
    Haha love this thread. For me...

kale
    tofu noodles
    kombucha
    Water infused with veggies
    Smoothies with spinach
    popcorn in a bag (I don't understand why this is so popular, there is literally a whole entire aisle at my grocery store dedicated to already prepopped bagged popcorn)

Kombucha is so good though. Drinking some now :) GT's Trilogy

my favorite!

I still have no idea what kombucha is.
  • renae161
    Options
    Agreed all they are, are just smoothies with more fruit and nuts on top which were already blended in them in the first place.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Regarding pumpkin ...

So I see everyone going on about spiced pumpkin lattes and things ... and that's just not appealing at all. But give me a pumpkin and curry soup, and I'm there. :grin:

Its not a pumpkin latte, its pumpkin pie SPICE. it's the SEASONING used in the pie, not the pumpkin.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,941 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Regarding pumpkin ...

So I see everyone going on about spiced pumpkin lattes and things ... and that's just not appealing at all. But give me a pumpkin and curry soup, and I'm there. :grin:

Its not a pumpkin latte, its pumpkin pie SPICE. it's the SEASONING used in the pie, not the pumpkin.

Yeah, yeah ... flavouring. The flavour of pumpkin + cinnamon + nutmeg, etc. But it is sweet and pumpkin is just not meant to be sweet.

Much better to have actual pumpkin, roasted or creamed into soup with savoury spices. :)

• apolinarshamler
    apolinarshamler Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to any of them. Yes they might be good for you but there are like a million other foods that do the same thing.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Also, for the record, acai bowls are stupid (imo)

so is fresh-pressed juice
    This is what I wanted to say in my first post, but the name completely escaped me.

With chia seeds, I got two packs for entering a 5k. I made my dad some chia pudding and really wanted to try some, so I made a small batch for myself.

• Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'll second powdered peanut butter. It's a doppleganging abomination.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    seasonal flavored foods
    kale chips
    any energy drink
    no new yogurt for me... face' is my favorite.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Me? Hummus. Can't stand the stuff.

Hummus is probably the oldest known prepared food in the world. It has at least a 1000 year history and is an essential part of many world cuisines.

It could not be less trendy.

I'm glad someone else has already posted this. It has been around since at least the 13th century. Eat what you want and don't let others judge you.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Any kind of nut "milk". And only because I don't believe for a minute it is "milk" of any sort. It's nut juice (which probably wouldn't sell as well).

And yes, I am aware I am being absurd, but for some reason this one has always irritated me. :)

hjzzvs2d0lxv.jpg

Did we even need to see the 2nd carton? :lol:
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Anything organic. I just can't bring myself to buy it. In fact, I have paid MORE to have non-organic carrots when my regular ones were out of stock and the only other options were organic or super expensive.