Replies

• davepete57
    davepete57 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    started the month with a 2.2 mile run
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Nov total (goal 75)
    11/01/16 :::: 5.7 :::: 5.7

Good start to the month. Tonight's group workout was described by our coach as just two intervals - 6 minutes then 4 minutes [PAUSE while we look happy about this], and oh yeah, then a 20 minute tempo [insert evil laugh]. Ha! It actually was not so bad and I felt really good tonight. My pace was a lot better than it has been in a long time. I'm feeling encouraged! Part of it is the weather I think, not too hot and not too cold, so it's been great for running. I'm hoping this holds out for a while!
  • Kristen_DeMichele
    Options
    11/1/16- 3 miles out of 60
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    11/1: 3

Late start. Was going to push this one off until tomorrow AM, but I got fed up with the World Series and needed to blow off some steam. Beautiful evening with stars reflecting on the water of Lake Minnetonka.

exercise.png
  • mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Date .. Miles .. Total
    11/01 .. 05.6 .. 05.6

Made it to run on the first day of the month :)

Seeing @HonuNui's goal, I checked my yearly mileage. Today it hit 650 miles. If I ran as planned in November and December, I should be around 850. Perhaps, I can set my yearly goal at 1000 miles for 2017.

exercise.png
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Now a sprint triathlon is not very far. I have faith that everyone here could do it if they wanted too. Half mile swim, 12 mile bike ride and 3.1 miles running. Easy peasy!

@Elise4270 and anyone else thinking about a Tri. The Sprint Tri's are a great introduction as it's long enough to be a test but short enough you could do it on your grand-daughters Huffy Bike ( take the training wheels off ).

For those of us in Metric Land here are some average times - 3 years of Data from our local Sprint Tri-Athlon.
    750m swim = 30 lengths of a 25m pool ~ 18 min Avg men 50-59
    20km Bike Ride ~ 43 min Avg men 50-59
    5 km run ~ 31 min Avg men 50-59
    Avg Time to Complete ~ 1:32:27 for Men 50-59.

My informal Local group would do what is called a Brick Workout - Swim and Bike or Bike and Run so you get a feeling for the Transition and effort required. I found the Bike-Run as the Hardest Transition as your feet have been going in circles and suddenly you want Linear steps. Lots of stumbles and near Face Plants the first time you do it.

Adult Swim club tonight so First run of the month will be tomorrow and then Taper ( 2 rest days ) for our Inaugural 7 Peaks & 7 Pubs Run.
    No official time clock, no bibs, no medals, no t-shirt, no official mapped route ( I know a few x-country shortcuts) just a local challenge. We plan on doing all Seven Hills that are in town and then hit all 7 pubs - after the run. Estimated distance 37.5 km - just shy of a Marathon - but when you add in the effort of the hills its more like a mini-ultra. I have a feeling I will be walking the last 2 or 3 hills. Good thing its not one peak one pub that would make for a interesting event? We have 2 rabbits in our club ( 3:10 Marathon ) so we will use every trick we know to leapfrog-shortcut them on the trail/route in 2 places. Just promises to be an epic day.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    1---6.24 walking miles. *kitten*- missed pt today. I wrote the wrong date down.

My sore foot and cranky knee are getting better. I went back to my inov8's yesterday and today. My gait feels better too. I feel like this could be the month I add some running back in.

@MobyCarp You set a good example. From killer miles to a goal of 30 miles this month. That takes serious willpower. I'm going to remember to reign it in and build slowly. Thanks.

@Elise4270 You're really making progress! Slowly, but definitely surely.

I reckon I'll buy a fancy bottle of bubbly ready to celebrate when you can run again.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks again for setting up the challenge, @Stoshew71 !

I'll make this month a recovery month, probably following Hal Higdons Post-Marathon recovery plan. That means I should run something like 150km this month.
    It also means no running until Thursday. But I went for a walk last night. Originally, I was planning to go to the village centre and buy some paste sauce, so that the walk had a purpose. I only realised the 1st Nov is a holiday in France when I was standing in front of closed supermarket doors (we have the Swiss holidays at work, so I always notice these things too late...). So I was left to walk home again without tomato sauce and eat my spaghetti with ketchup *sigh* Ran a few steps on the way home, just for fun, until I remembered that I wanted to take three days off from running. So my ticker's still at zero - but at least it's a pretty ticker ;) , I decided to try out something other than tickerfactory this month.

NmGlp1.png
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @dkabambe and @Elise4270 Impressive that you plan a tri!
    @juliet3455 Thanks for posting the metric distances :smile:
    The bike and run distance of the Sprint Tri sound doable. It's the swimming that scares me off. Maybe I should try again to learn something other than breast stroke; but getting arms & legs & breathing right at the same time seemed impossible the last time I tried to learn crawl swimming. I'd inevitably forget at least one of those three while I focussed on the others - lots of sinking and breathing water!

@HonuNui Awesome goal :-)

@7lenny7 Looks like treadmills can come in handy for other things as well.

@5512bf Huh, candy on the road after Halloween? Did the kids really get so much that they don't care if they drop it? Wow. Reminds me of some kids my sister told me about - they were apparently not happy with what she offered them and complained about it, and told her which brand of chocolate she should buy instead next year...

@francescacoscia16 My experience with the tickerfactory ticker: if I save a new value, there's still the old value on the image. Then I hit refresh (still on their website where I just edited it), firefox asks me if I want to "resend the information", and after that, the ticker updated.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Strength training today for me. Worked out well because apparently it rained overnight and it is very humid outside!

@shanaber - I just read the end of October's posts and saw the picture of Hobbes the Vizsla dressed as a minion! OMG - SO CUTE! He's getting another dog of the day in my classroom!

@_nikkiwolf_ had to laugh at your comment that you can get scared by leaves. Me too! There is this box thing in my neighborhood - that makes a clunk sound every few minutes. I really don't know what it is. It sort of looks like an electric box type thing or maybe for the sprinklers. It's hidden by big bushes and is on a corner of the main street going through my neighborhood. EVERYTIME I go by the thing it gives me a scare when it makes the clunk noise.

11/1 - 4.3 miles
    11/2 - strength training

Upcoming races
    11/30/16 - I/ITSEC 5K
    2/5/17 - Daytona Beach HM
    2/26/17 - Disney Princess HM Orlando

exercise.png

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    01/11 3 miles - lovely bright morning, long may it last
    02/11 3 miles

exercise.png

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    11/1- 6.05
    11/2- 6.13

Total: 12.18/150

Today's notes: Another day where I struggled to keep it in z2. I ended up with an average HR of 153, with is z2, but I had about 18% of my time in z3, according to Strava (Garmin had me at 31%). Maybe the drop in temp (27F when I was running) contributed to this? So, this was one of those runs where I was slower than desired pace, and higher than desired HR..... My calves are definitely feeling it today. I don't recall this being something I noticed over the summer. Maybe the monger time on my feet for the distance is working my muscles more? I don't know, something to look at.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for November
    10/1 9 miles - 9 << 5 above VT 4 below VT
    10/1 5 miles - 14 << Daily Double 5 below VT
    10/2 5 miles - 19 << 5 below VT

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25 << 1:20:22 1 in AG & 15 OA
    Huntsville Half Marathon - 11/12
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 Your race sounds crazy and ridiculously fun. Will you drink at each pub? Will that be dangerous? Good luck! I look forward to the race report if you can remember anything after lol.
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'm out for the rest of the year as I'm going in for surgery next week and in recovery for the following 6 to 8 weeks. Hope you all have a great month! :smile:
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Mental battle going on. I want to run but I also want to be a bum and watch tv.......and what the heck is wrong with my gut?! I've been having issues since Friday. And still have the congestion crud going on. And it's hot outside. As you can see I have plenty of excuses! I technically only have 4 miles to run by Thursday to hit my weekly goal.

@greenolivetree, when I feel that way I tell myself that I'm just going to run a mile or two to see how it goes, then decide if I want to continue me run. I always continue my run and feel better for it.

Nothing better for congestion than a run for me, particularly in cold weather. It always clears me out.

@Elise4270 & @juliet3455 if they had a super-mini tri I might register. I'm confident I could work my way up to swimming 100m without holding on to the pool, but any more than that and I'd sink. And @juliet3455 I still think that you guys should be hitting a pub after every peak, not at the end. It sounds like a great event as is though.
    @MNLittleFinn in my limited experience colder temps, for me, equate to faster pace, lower heart rate, or both. I haven't looked at the HR differences as much but on an easy run I may see a 60 second quicker pace or better in the winter. I've only run for one winter so it will be interesting to see if I see the same thing this winter.
    @_nikkiwolf_, Kody is definitely getting taper crazy. He rarely chews on anything other than his chew toys but for the last few days I've come home from work to the remains of something he's chewed on. Mail, a cardboard box, and yesterday a CD case.
    @TattooedDolphinGirl78 I hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery!

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    9.4 miles (3.6 with Kody, 5.9 solo)

Goal Progress:
    9.4/90 miles
    0.0/30 trail miles

Great start to the month! I intended to run about 8 miles but got lost in my head listening to a podcast and made a wrong turn. I nearly failed to make another turn which would have turn it into a 12 mile run but after a block I realized it and turned back.

Taking tonight off so I can get ready for our hunting trip.

• 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    exercise.png