Replies

• ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    karllundy wrote: »
    11/1 - 5.1 miles. Gorgeous 62° morning to run!

Been looking ahead to 2017 and mulling a few new goals. Maybe a full? Maybe a tri? Haven't been swimming for exercise in 25+ years, but it is in there somewhere. Would need a bike. The tri sounds more fun to me than a full for some reason.

Thoughts?

Nothing wrong with that! I'd love to do a tri. Tell ya what, I'll put a sprint tri on my calendar for 2017 if you do :wink: .

Anyone else ready to jump in the tri boat?

Good luck on the bike. Check the LBS (local bike stores) for used bikes. I have a road bike- I'll have to do.

Walmart has a Huffy for $99 that I have been eyeing for months. I've been tempted to do that and then go out with all the real bikers and their $3000 titanium bikes.

Oh Stan and you'd probably give them a run for their money too!

Mines carbon, it was ~1500$ on sale. Totally worth it. My first one was 200$ used REI road bike. It's was spectacular too. Definitely tri worthy.

When I was 10 years old, I received a Huffy for Christmas...totally loved that bike. My mom saved trading stamps to purchase that bike. Those were the days.
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    @Stoshew71 I bike almost everyday, but I can't really see myself doing a tri on my big, ole, heavy beach cruiser! It would be a sight to see though. :wink: I'm not much of a swimmer anyway. I think I'll stick to running.
  • sandyymca
    sandyymca Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    How do I update the ticker?? When I add to the current cumulative value, nothing changes.

exercise.png
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    sandyymca wrote: »
    How do I update the ticker?? When I add to the current cumulative value, nothing changes.

exercise.png

50 miles already???? It's November 1???
  • OSUbuckeye906
    OSUbuckeye906 Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Been looking ahead to 2017 and mulling a few new goals. Maybe a full? Maybe a tri? Haven't been swimming for exercise in 25+ years, but it is in there somewhere. Would need a bike. The tri sounds more fun to me than a full for some reason.

Thoughts?

Nothing wrong with that! I'd love to do a tri. Tell ya what, I'll put a sprint tri on my calendar for 2017 if you do :wink: .

Good luck on the bike. Check the LBS (local bike stores) for used bikes. I have a road bike- I'll have to do.

I'd love to do a tri! I'm a pretty decent swimmer (swam in high school) but I really dislike the bike portion. I'm not sure what it is. I tried training for a tri and my first marathon at the same time (dumb idea, probably the cause of my stress fracture) but I started developing carpel tunnel in my hands, so I ditched the tri. May eventually attempt it again.
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Guess I'll do a ticker this month. :)

exercise.png
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I have a fairly expensive mountain bike hanging in my garage. I bought it in high school and it was the most expensive thing I had bought up to that point. I have not used it since about 2010? The tires need air but more likely need to be replaced. I keep meaning to get back into biking for cross training but have yet to get around to getting my bike checked out.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies! I just joined the group myself about a week ago, so this will be the first challenge I'm actually participating in.

@tiffmjo Welcome! I personally have a love/hate relationship with running, even though I've been a runner for five years now. I have moments when I love it and moments I hate it, but overall I like it. Feelings may fluctuate by week, by day, or by footstep!
  • izzybelle2013
    izzybelle2013 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have been slack in my running, so I want in. I will start small - how about 75 miles for the month? Also will try to set up a ticker.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    I have been slack in my running, so I want in. I will start small - how about 75 miles for the month? Also will try to set up a ticker.

you got this! 75 isn't small, it's a good goal!
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options

Thoughts?

@Elise4270 Count me in. I have always wanted to do a tri and signed up for one back in 2012 - whilst drunk having neither run nor swam since I was at school! I then promptly got injured on the second day I went out for a jog which just confirmed how much I hated running so I didn't even attempt to run again until this year. Definitely caught the bug this time around though!
  • francescacoscia16
    francescacoscia16 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @Stoshew71 yep, I did :disappointed:
    @juliet3455 @kristinegift @HonuNui thank you guys, I'll just update it after the first run and see if it shows, otherwise I'm just going to type it :smirk:
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    dkabambe wrote: »

Thoughts?

@Elise4270 Count me in. I have always wanted to do a tri and signed up for one back in 2012 - whilst drunk having neither run nor swam since I was at school! I then promptly got injured on the second day I went out for a jog which just confirmed how much I hated running so I didn't even attempt to run again until this year. Definitely caught the bug this time around though!

Oh no! I'm glad you are back on the wagon.

I'm a noobie runner (been running intermittently for just 1.5 years) and have only experienced runner's toe (no problem) and a bad ankle sprain because I was going too fast to notice a rock sticking out of the mud on a trail.

I can't swim (haven't since my age was single digits) and I probably can't bike (haven't since I was about 13). So as an inexperienced running, I'm not about to try to learn 2 new things AND improve running. Maybe someday, I'll join ya'll on a tri, but it's going to be a lot of years.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 smartest men ever!!!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    The best use I've seen for a treadmill

I am pretty sure this was filmed somewhere in Alabama.

• izzybelle2013
    Options

exercise.png
  • izzybelle2013
    Options
    Ha, I figured it out. (I think) Made my ticker above, with my little gray cat on it. Yay.