What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Dang, y’all hate some strangers. I would probably do my best to leave the place in better shape than when I got there, and not be any sort of imposition
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Dang, y’all hate some strangers. I would probably do my best to leave the place in better shape than when I got there, and not be any sort of imposition

You’re nice. And in reality id probably just relish the quiet and read.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hypothetical scenario:

A little girl asks her father to colour meanwhile grabbing a copy of 50 shades of grey. He responds, “No honey it’s not a colouring book.” She responds, “but daddy...” to him immediately yelling, “don’t call me that!”

Moral of the story, don’t use daddy out of context.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Hypothetical scenario:

A little girl asks her father to colour meanwhile grabbing a copy of 50 shades of grey. He responds, “No honey it’s not a colouring book.” She responds, “but daddy...” to him immediately yelling, “don’t call me that!”

Moral of the story, don’t use daddy out of context.

🤭😝🤐
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I'm so pissed...I didn't open mfp since Sat am to try to kill my dumb "streak" (I hate that thing...stresses me out) and came on tonight expecting a "1 day" but got f-ed over and my streak wasn't reset.

Wish I could turn that off, would like this app a whole lot more if not constantly being reminded of my 'failure' or 'pressure to continue a 'streak'' or 'obsessive calorie counting'...which ever way I choose to think of it that day
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'm so pissed...I didn't open mfp since Sat am to try to kill my dumb "streak" (I hate that thing...stresses me out) and came on tonight expecting a "1 day" but got f-ed over and my streak wasn't reset.

Wish I could turn that off, would like this app a whole lot more if not constantly being reminded of my 'failure' or 'pressure to continue a 'streak'' or 'obsessive calorie counting'...which ever way I choose to think of it that day

I get this.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    I tried meditating yesterday but snips of poetry kept cluttering my head.
  • Vikka_V
    Options

I get this.

Thank-you for saying so, after I typed I felt like maybe shouldn't share because maybe I take things too serious or too far or dwell on minute details
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    fhe3y129vvx2.gif
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

And here I had a 1200 something streak, missed 2 days because my thoughts were elsewhere with all this crazy flooding in my area and mine reset itself. So strange. But I get what you mean. I have fallen into the over obsessive mindset here before.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    fhe3y129vvx2.gif

This image gave me a peaceful and hopeful thought...the way it's displayed shows something broken getting "fixed" or "coming together" again...I like it!
    I like this idea
  • Vikka_V
    Options

And here I had a 1200 something streak, missed 2 days because my thoughts were elsewhere with all this crazy flooding in my area and mine reset itself. So strange. But I get what you mean. I have fallen into the over obsessive mindset here before.

For me it upsets me and in ways fosters an unhealthy frame of mind, whether I meet my "goals" or don't. I don't like it.
    I do understand how it can motivate some people, I just wish I could turn it off.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    This dude is gonna end up paralyzing someone or worse killing them 😂

https://youtu.be/MEAlCgDd5_w

Ok, stop this at 1:35 and look at his pupils. This guy is nutso.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Completely forgot to brush my teeth this morning

Sigh
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Sigh

Whatever you do, do NOT knock them out with the intent of washing them and putting them back in later

They don't go back in easily

Trust me
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

Sigh

Whatever you do, do NOT knock them out with the intent of washing them and putting them back in later

Trust me

Well i was going to just chew some gum but honestly your idea might work
  • Reckoner67
    Options

Sigh

Trust me

Well i was going to just chew some gum but honestly your idea might work

Oh, if you have gum that would probably work
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options

Sigh

First deodorant, now this.
  • Vikka_V
    Options

Sigh

But did you remember before you went to bed?
    Or nevermind...just drink some coffee and no one will know the difference