What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I think my husband has reached his scale tipping point. He was telling me he wasn't happy about his weight gain and that he admires my self control and restraint.

I was craving raspberry singers, so he bought me a box. That box is still more than half full after a month of sitting in the pantry. I only grab one on occasion and adjust my calories for it.

He sees me weighing everything I drink and eat. My food scale is now a permanent fixture on the kitchen counter. He used to move it to a shelf but it never stayed there.

We always go out to eat on the weekends. I told him there was nothing wrong with eating out, but he could make better choices. I told him he could eat his burger, but try a side salad instead of fries. He agreed, and he enjoys eating salad.

I suggested he track his calories. Maybe not as extreme as I do at first, but just to give him a general idea of what he's consuming.

We also discussed taking short walks around our apartment. Luckily it's a huge apartment complex. I don't know how much he'll stick to it since he works long hours, but I'm going to be going with him so hopefully I keep him motivated.

I'm proud of him

Breakthrough. 🙌 to you for being so inspirational to your husband.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    l9syb84qrvex.png

Saving turtles today.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    The dark knight bank robbery score has been playing my head for 3 days now.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    For the LOVE of laundry.. my gaaaawd, just burn the laundry 😜

I enjoy doing laundry too . 🙌 Gotta give props to inventors of smart washers and dryers ... As a child in the 80's, boiling, soaking, handwashing and scrubbing then outdoor hanging was zero fun. Long tedious process.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    @Hip_to_be_square

That would be nice 😊
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    rgv973w56ifa.gif

I have come to the conclusion that my beloved coffee is causing me the severe acid reflux I often have in the morning.
    I must give it up. 😭🤬
    I’m heartbroken. ☹️💔

I tried a low-acid coffee, it was smooth but tasted nothing like coffee to me.

I do enjoy hot tea but it just doesn’t have the same punch.
    Guess it’ll have to do.

Bummer

Edit: First cigarettes and now coffee, when will it end......🥺

I had to swap to an instant coffee for my first 2 morning cups as my stomach would get upset and I'd get heartburn with anything strong, but any other time I am fine with espresso or strong cappucino.
    Maybe you can still have your beloved coffee just not in the morning. A day without coffee is a sad one, hope you can find a way.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    @slimgirljo15
    Thanks, I’ll give that a try. 🙂
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    @slimgirljo15

Hope it works for you.. Idk what it is but my stomach is especially sensitive in the morning. Maybe it's just that it's empty then. Maybe when I have a strong coffee later in the day there's food in there so it doesn't get upset. It's weird but at least now I know I can still have the good coffee just not in the morning.

Hope you find a way that works for you. :)
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    @slimgirljo15

Hope it works for you.. Idk what it is but my stomach is especially sensitive in the morning. Maybe it's just that it's empty then. Maybe when I have a strong coffee later in the day there's food in there so it doesn't get upset. It's weird but at least now I know I can still have the good coffee just not in the morning.

Hope you find a way that works for you. :)

I've noticed that this is sometimes true for me with milk. Could it be that people who think they are lactose intolerant or just sensitive to it at certain times of the day, but not actually lactose intolerant? Like sometimes milk will mess me up if I drink it first thing in the morning, but if I drink it later in the day I'm perfectly fine.

That's very possible. I don't know what it is that is different about my stomach in the morning as opposed to later in the day but there is something different and I guess if coffee can be like that then yeah, milk or other other things might have a similar effect on others.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I think my husband has reached his scale tipping point. He was telling me he wasn't happy about his weight gain and that he admires my self control and restraint.

I was craving raspberry singers, so he bought me a box. That box is still more than half full after a month of sitting in the pantry. I only grab one on occasion and adjust my calories for it.

He sees me weighing everything I drink and eat. My food scale is now a permanent fixture on the kitchen counter. He used to move it to a shelf but it never stayed there.

We always go out to eat on the weekends. I told him there was nothing wrong with eating out, but he could make better choices. I told him he could eat his burger, but try a side salad instead of fries. He agreed, and he enjoys eating salad.

I suggested he track his calories. Maybe not as extreme as I do at first, but just to give him a general idea of what he's consuming.

We also discussed taking short walks around our apartment. Luckily it's a huge apartment complex. I don't know how much he'll stick to it since he works long hours, but I'm going to be going with him so hopefully I keep him motivated.

I'm proud of him
    Im proud of you both!!!🤗🤘❤❤❤❤
  • Tinydancer106
    edited October 2019
    Options
    mtndewme wrote: »
    Every time I hang out with the gf's rugby team, I have a super lame time. They're nice and all, two of them even hugged me last night but.....I'm not in my 20's and want to sit around drinking all the time. I'm also not a sports chick so I can't relate there either. Just a fish out of water. I just stare at my phone, feel awkward, try to catch up with the intoxication levels, now I'm hung over. I always have an impossible time making friends. I think step one is to find my own hobby that isn't internet related. :/ It's hard to get me to commit to anything though. Perhaps a 30+ garage band? That would be epic. OOOH! A old lady gang called The Golden Girls! hehehe

Since I'm old as dirt I can be your Sophia 🙌❤🤘....I'm a ball buster.. Italian....short....huh? Huh?😍
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    My laptop is downloading a new virus protection ....I can't watch tv because I'm too hyper right now....but everything is done around the house....

I'm bored out of my mind right now....I'm actually done with laundry too....lol...

My kid is like....scram lady ya botha me!😒

There is ironing to do....but I've decided I'm not gonna be a 1950s housewife tonight...no school tomorrow and well....here we are....🤤

K...I'll be ironing if ya need me....😣
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    My laptop is downloading a new virus protection ....I can't watch tv because I'm too hyper right now....but everything is done around the house....

I'm bored out of my mind right now....I'm actually done with laundry too....lol...

My kid is like....scram lady ya botha me!😒

There is ironing to do....but I've decided I'm not gonna be a 1950s housewife tonight...no school tomorrow and well....here we are....🤤

K...I'll be ironing if ya need me....😣

I gota couple shirts that could use some help B)
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Going away at my boyfriends cabin in the woods until Monday with my kids and his 2 kids. No WI-FI, just eachothers company and enjoying the kids and the beautiful autumn colors 🥰 I see board games and campfire on the menu for tonight. To me it sounds like the perfect relaxing weekend.

Enjoy my friend

Thank you, it was great. Had to cut it a bit short and leave extremely early this morning instead of this afternoon because I wasn't feeling good but I'm ok now. Kids were having internet withdrawals anyways 🤣 it was a nice relaxing weekend 🙏