What's on your mind?

Replies

• CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Why do adults dress up for Halloween? I'm not trying to judge or disparage, just trying to understand. What's fun about it? I don't get it. Admittedly, I'm not a holiday person. I'm not much of a people person, either.. so holidays + people = not for me. But I can usually understand the appeal. But aside from the candy (which I can buy year round, BTW), I just don't get Halloween as an adult.

I like to dress up to give out Halloween treats to the kids. I mean.. If i'm to give out my least favorite treats because I kept all the good ones for myself, the least I can do is wear a costume 🤭
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,541 Member
    The same person who vows to herself she will start eating smarter, also just dipped a package of fruit snacks in iced tea powder.

It tastes like tangy fun dip.

That person is me.

Substitute the candy with strawberries 🍓🍓🍓🍓😎

Oooooh! 😋
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Why do adults dress up for Halloween? I'm not trying to judge or disparage, just trying to understand. What's fun about it? I don't get it. Admittedly, I'm not a holiday person. I'm not much of a people person, either.. so holidays + people = not for me. But I can usually understand the appeal. But aside from the candy (which I can buy year round, BTW), I just don't get Halloween as an adult.

When I had an in-home daycare, one of my families of 6 all dressed up with a theme. It was great waiting to see who they were. I always told the dad what a good sport he was. They were a very creative sort so always looked wonderful.

The one time I dressed up, as an adult, was when I found this gorgeous weird long dress at a yard sale for a few bucks. I went walking up and down the street with the wee ones, as a Halloween parade. Neighbors loved it. And I was the Dragon Lady. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    $249 for a pair of cargo pants. Made of cotton. I do believe my flabber is gasted. At what point in time did charging obscene, nonsensical prices become so fashionable? I'm all about fashion and high-quality, but I ain't high, know what I mean?

Um wow. I have a hard time parting with that much money on a piece of furniture. :/
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited October 2021
    lx1x wrote: »
    $35 jeans I bought years ago...(yep still wearing)

If you pay more...you ain't paying for the material.. you paying for the name.

This made me laugh. My husband always tells of the interview he saw of Dolce & Gabbana. One of them was handed a roll of toilet paper and he proceeded to make a huge bow. When it was finished he turned to the interviewer and said " That'll be $200".

We all got the point.

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Going to see my niece and nephew tomorrow and it’s been a long time. I’m nervous for some reason. I always think everyone hates me but if the kids don’t give a eff that I’m there I’ll implode. 🤯
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,541 Member
    Just thinking about all the great mfpers that have come and gone.. I hope they are all doing well 😊

I find myself wondering how many have reincarnated and who they became. ❤️
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,463 Member
    Too much apparently because I’m wide awake and it’s almost 2:00am. 😵‍💫
  • steelrod1
    steelrod1 Posts: 127 Member
    Too much apparently because I’m wide awake and it’s almost 2:00am. 😵‍💫

I agree with you. You have me beat, 3:30 not much going on this early except for maybe a cup of coffee. Oug.😠😵🏳
  • steelrod1
    steelrod1 Posts: 127 Member
    Breakfast, what to have

2 eggs, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast, 3 sausage, yogurt,
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Breakfast, what to have

🍔🍔 😁
  • ReenieHJ
    Breakfast, what to have

Leftover candy?