Hell is Chuck-E-Cheese on a Saturday

truth.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Laurie6578 wrote: »
    Can you explain in sequence how you prepare the body and do you break up the organs with the trocar? The thought of that freaks me out. a bit..I know makes no sense. Also, working so closely with the dead, do you have strong spiritual beliefs and if so, what do you believe happens after death?

Close the eyes and mouth. Make a one inch incision at the base of the neck parallel with the collarbone, raise the Carotid artery and the jugular vein,insert spring angular forceps into the vein, inject embalming fluid through the carotid artery and drain the blood through the opening in the jugular. Once the tank on the embalming machine is empty remove the instruments. Insert the trocar into the abdomen one inch up and over to the left of the belly button. Move the trocar back and forth in a sawing motion while punturing the major organs. Then hypodermically inject the abdominal cavity with cavity fluid. Seal the opening with a trocar button. Give the deceased a bath and you're all done.

Do you offer 'twofer sales' ?

and...

Do you have a frequent flyer program?

btw.... your post above is fascinating; really, it is.

Last year, we had one family 3 times within 6 months and we gave them a discount. I felt so sorry for them.

whoa.... I was clowning, that's rough.

also, I was thinking about when you said that you had to rewrite an obit (sp?) several times for one family ( I think it was five revisions), why not include one revision in the price of your services and then charge extra for all future revisions? Why not get paid for your time, effort and sanity?

That obituary was the one for the memorial record where we can list every Tom,Dick, and Harry related to the deceased. The obituary for the newspaper is more formal and focuses on the time of services.

I spent over an hour making the dang thing the way they wanted it and then they changed the whole thing.Plus I had to make it a trifold because they wanted 18 pictures in it (I kid you not.) If we charged them extra it would piss them off and we would lose business. I just grin and bare through it.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Laurie6578 wrote: »
    Can you explain in sequence how you prepare the body and do you break up the organs with the trocar? The thought of that freaks me out. a bit..I know makes no sense. Also, working so closely with the dead, do you have strong spiritual beliefs and if so, what do you believe happens after death?

Close the eyes and mouth. Make a one inch incision at the base of the neck parallel with the collarbone, raise the Carotid artery and the jugular vein,insert spring angular forceps into the vein, inject embalming fluid through the carotid artery and drain the blood through the opening in the jugular. Once the tank on the embalming machine is empty remove the instruments. Insert the trocar into the abdomen one inch up and over to the left of the belly button. Move the trocar back and forth in a sawing motion while punturing the major organs. Then hypodermically inject the abdominal cavity with cavity fluid. Seal the opening with a trocar button. Give the deceased a bath and you're all done.

Do you offer 'twofer sales' ?

and...

Do you have a frequent flyer program?

btw.... your post above is fascinating; really, it is.

Last year, we had one family 3 times within 6 months and we gave them a discount. I felt so sorry for them.

whoa.... I was clowning, that's rough.

also, I was thinking about when you said that you had to rewrite an obit (sp?) several times for one family ( I think it was five revisions), why not include one revision in the price of your services and then charge extra for all future revisions? Why not get paid for your time, effort and sanity?

That obituary was the one for the memorial record where we can list every Tom,Dick, and Harry related to the deceased. The obituary for the newspaper is more formal and focuses on the time of services.

I spent over an hour making the dang thing the way they wanted it and then they changed the whole thing.Plus I had to make it a trifold because they wanted 18 pictures in it (I kid you not.) If we charged them extra it would piss them off and we would lose business. I just grin and bare through it.

yeah... I understand

18 photos seems excessive. One or two seems more appropriate.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    We don't do those standard 3.5 inch ones like most funeral homes. I try to personalize each one based on what the deceased liked- sports, hunting, fishing, military, etc. I'll post pictures of a few when I get back to work on Monday.
  • Laurie6578
    Laurie6578 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    BTW you are adorable and thank you for answering my questions.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    It's my pleasure
  • kellylynnshonting
    kellylynnshonting Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Do people bury themselves with a special item? If so, what are some of the most popular? Most interesting? Most 'I didn't think of that'?
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    Pictures are the most common item. The odds things are beer, Big Mac with fries, and a flashlight.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Pictures are the most common item. The odds things are beer, Big Mac with fries, and a flashlight.

Buried with the murder weapon?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    Hell I'd probably fake my death just to try and get a date with you. Lol
    You're such a romantic.

ninerbuff wrote: »
    Coroners usually give you cause of death? And have you ever been suspicious of any death that seemed odd?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

we cremated an attorney's wife who got up one night and supposedly choked on French fries during a midnight snack. He had a million dollar insurance policy in her.
    I watched too much ID network. Lol, is there any video of her or him getting French fries before midnight like at McDonald's or something? Was there any affairs happening? I'd like to hear what the detective thought.
    IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Have any fights broke out at the funeral home that required compensation?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

Buried with the murder weapon?

He was a big gun enthusiast.

Hell I'd probably fake my death just to try and get a date with you. Lol
    You're such a romantic.

Coroners usually give you cause of death? And have you ever been suspicious of any death that seemed odd?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

we cremated an attorney's wife who got up one night and supposedly choked on French fries during a midnight snack. He had a million dollar insurance policy in her.
    I watched too much ID network. Lol, is there any video of her or him getting French fries before midnight like at McDonald's or something? Was there any affairs happening? I'd like to hear what the detective thought.
    IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

It was ruled any accident.

Physical fights are rare. We call the police if something breaks out. We aren't responsible for people acting like idoits.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Is the story true about big fee and hands?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    How hard is it to dress the deceased? I imagine pantyhose in particular is no fun to put on.

This is the best thread!
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    jesslla wrote: »
    How hard is it to dress the deceased? I imagine pantyhose in particular is no fun to put on.

and... do you ever say to them: "jeez, just hold still; will ya?!"
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options

OP mentioned earlier that she will talk gently to anyone who seems stuck "come on and work with me, (Mrs. Jones)."

My question was briefly touched on earlier but I'm curious to learn more: besides the finishing bath (is that just a basic sponge-off w/only water?), do you do anything for a body that could safely cross over to the Land of the Living if necessary (for instance, the lift-the-jugular step. Could my doctor do that in surgery if necessary or would he lose his job/right to practice medicine anymore?)?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »

OP mentioned earlier that she will talk gently to anyone who seems stuck "come on and work with me, (Mrs. Jones)."

My question was briefly touched on earlier but I'm curious to learn more: besides the finishing bath (is that just a basic sponge-off w/only water?), do you do anything for a body that could safely cross over to the Land of the Living if necessary (for instance, the lift-the-jugular step. Could my doctor do that in surgery if necessary or would he lose his job/right to practice medicine anymore?)?

just run'em through

$6.99 ......no muss, no fuss !

Cut-Pollution-Toxicity-Green-Carwash-How-to-find-a-green-automatic-car-wash.jpg
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Not true.

This is the best thread!

I hate panty hose with a passion, I call them Satan's underwear. We cut the clothes up the back. Dressing people isn't difficult unless the clothes are too small.

We have to tear through a few muscles to get to the carotid and jugular. It blows my mind how surgeons can fix one thing without screwing up another in the process. I need tips from doctors, not the other way around ;)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Not true.

This is the best thread!

I hate panty hose with a passion, I call them Satan's underwear. We cut the clothes up the back. Dressing people isn't difficult unless the clothes are too small.

We have to tear through a few muscles to get to the carotid and jugular. It blows my mind how surgeons can fix one thing without screwing up another in the process. I need tips from doctors, not the other way around ;)

Any surgeons reading this must be beaming from ear to ear. :bigsmile: Not that they need an extra ego boost ;)
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options

I wash their hair and give them a sponge bath with soap and water.