what NOT to eat

Options

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Someone said, "don't eat beets", do, eat them sometimes because they help with enzymes to eliminate histamine. (Sorry if this is too serious, coping with my personal issues it was a snippet I came across). Unless, as in my dilemma , beets are high in salicylate and help reduce histamine, two things I'm intolerant of. Eat or not to eat, that is my question.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Don't eat food you do not like. You need to eat sustainably- with a calorie deficit if your goal is weight loss Start with reducing portions sizes of foods you already enjoy, add more vegetables to your plate.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Beets. Don't eat beets.

or Lima beans... just say NO to Lima beans! :#

But....I like lima beans. :'(
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    I just stopped drinking alcohol. We will see how long it lasts...
    Anyway, I want to get lean. I know WHAT to eat but not what NOT to eat.
    Any suggestions as to what NOT to eat so I can eliminate it from my diet and thoughts?
    Thanks!

If you know what TO eat, you know what NOT to eat. Right?

True but I just want someone to tell me. It's easier than left to my own devices. lol

Learning what works for you is part of making this your own plan to succeed to health and fitness. No one can really tell you what to eat that's more your decision. It's easy to get stuck in the 'diet mentality' from the past but those times are over now. It's all about the freedom of making new choices and learning how to fit them them in your life. As has been shared, eating foods that fuel your body and staying within your calorie allotment (deficit). That really is all there is too it.

There are a few things you'll learn along the way and everyone differs. I get triggered if I eat too many simply carbs, I do much better eating more complex carbs. Otherwise cravings start and it can get out of control for me. Hopefully it won't always be this way... but right now I'm being cautious with certain foods. Not everyone has this problem but if there is a food or type of food that you need to set aside for a bit that's OK to do. If you can eat it in moderation, even better. :wink:
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    As others have said - there isn't really anything you can't eat. I would say obviously cut back on sugary/fatty foods ("junk" food), but as long as you keep it in moderation your diet doesn't have to be limited. Best of luck! :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I just stopped drinking alcohol. We will see how long it lasts...
    Anyway, I want to get lean. I know WHAT to eat but not what NOT to eat.
    Any suggestions as to what NOT to eat so I can eliminate it from my diet and thoughts?
    Thanks!

If you know what TO eat, you know what NOT to eat. Right?

True but I just want someone to tell me. It's easier than left to my own devices. lol

Time to take responsibility for yourself and develop a plan that will enable you to eat a balanced diet that keeps you within a reasonable calorie goal (deficit for weight loss), provides macro and micronutrients, satiates you, and provides you enjoyment.

The things that comprise that plan are all very specific to each individual and so asking someone else to tell you what to eat and what not to eat is likely not to be the best plan FOR YOU. Only you can determine that.

That said, there are no individual foods which are bad to eat, unless you have medical reasons to eliminate something.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Beets. Don't eat beets.

or Lima beans... just say NO to Lima beans! :#

mmmmm. Lima beans. And fava beans. Definitely eat them.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    wanzik wrote: »
    Don't eat cake, ice cream, maple syrup, candy, donuts, potato chips, cookies, juices, bagels and stay away from sodas. :wink:

This is satire, right? No? Why the emoticon then? Such confuse.