what NOT to eat

Options

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    My take away from this thread: Lots of bro/sis gender confusion, and the silica packets I ate won't poison me.

:)

I want to know if guys in real life actually call each other "BRO" :confused:

I have seen it in real life in london. But they use bruv more They also use fam and cus. My young cousin is so used to using the word Bro he was calling me it too, I wanted to slap him

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    HappyGrape wrote: »
    Don't eat green bell peppers. I'm not sure who thought it would be a good idea to eat peppers before they were ripe. Gross.

green pointy peppers are really tasty! bell not so much
    it's little bit like spring onion in way? It has it's own taste as spring onion, before growing to a normal onion.

Jalapeños? Yum! Chili peppers? Yum!

I agree about the bell peppers. I don't like green, red, orange or yellow bell peppers. They don't taste any better to me when they turn ripe versus green, IMO.

I don't know what a spring onion is?
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »

Similar to scallions.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »

Similar to scallions.

Yum!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Hubby and I just commented today that we haven't been to a Red Robin's in three years. If the restaurant won't post the calorie count, then it's off my list. (I'm in Canada, by the way).

And BOY what a calorie count it is!
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    My take away from this thread: Lots of bro/sis gender confusion, and the silica packets I ate won't poison me.

I want to know if guys in real life actually call each other "BRO" :confused:

I do it to be sarcastic.

I call my brother Bro all the time ... does that count?
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Don't eat green bell peppers. I'm not sure who thought it would be a good idea to eat peppers before they were ripe. Gross.

I know right, they repeat on me red bell peppers fine.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Don't eat Haribo sugar free gummy bears.

but if you do, only in moderation...
    any foods containing sugar alcohol always in moderation :#;)

Hehe, I see you've read the Amazon reviews, too...

...either that or you wrote one. ;)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Don't eat Haribo sugar free gummy bears.

but if you do, only in moderation...
    any foods containing sugar alcohol always in moderation :#;)

Hehe, I see you've read the Amazon reviews, too...

...either that or you wrote one. ;)

:laugh: read em! @dragon_girl26
  • leo0933
    leo0933 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I recommend that you first get your mindset right. Once you get that right everything will follow, body and all. If you are really truly serious about making a change to your health and body then your nutrition is something you should research about, get help from a trainer or nutritionist or etc. (Make sure you research them as well to make sure you get someone who has your best interest at heart and wants to teach you and help you)

Your diet should consist of unprocessed foods. You may want to learn about tracking your calories and learning about macro nutrient numbers and percentages. It's like taking the guessing out of it. For example you know what goes in and out of your bank account unless you are broke. The same idea way with your body, you want to know what your are putting in and out of your body. Another idea may be your new shopping list should comprise of more water, lean cuts of meat, seafood, fresh vegetables (more green because of fibers), fruit, nuts (in moderation), and natural starches such as jasmine rice, sweet potatoes, and whole grains. Bread, baked goods, pasta, cereal, regular soda, liquor, and desserts must be cut out entirely until get a grasp on how to incorporate cheat meals and days into your plan without reverting back to old habits. Plus, if you are truly committed and want it, what is sacrificing a few bad meals in order to meet your goals. Let's face many people want to change because they have been eating the way they want for a long time and have not seen the results they want. In order to make changes you have to change some of the things you are doing for growth. You put in half way work you get half way results.

Once you get your mind right and understand your goals and wants, then you can develop a plan or get help with developing a plan that fit's your goals, body type, and etc. This plan should include Nutrition, Strength Training, Cardio/Conditioning and Rest. Gaining that understanding and knowledge of how to incorporate these elements as a plan will then help you begin your journey of getting lean.

Again, it all depends on your seriousness of learning about nutrition and the other elements that I mentioned that are very key. For example, your body is made in the kitchen and sculpted in the gym. Muscle stimulation happens in gym muscle growth happens as you rest. All these are important and why it's important you do your own research to get the knowledge you need to be the best version of you as possible. As well as meeting or coming as close as possible of reaching your personal goals that you have set for yourself.

Because you said you want to get lean is why I am giving you my thoughts on your question that you posed. With all that being said you may not want to go as hard core. You just may want to make simple changes. Everyone is not trying to be a bodybuilder, fitness guru, make hard core changes or etc. But even then figure out what works for you and makes you happy and go for it. Make the moderation's/changes that you need by learning, researching, or getting the advice or help you need.

Understand this, your journey has to be your journey and journey only. You can take some of the principles from other people experiences or ideas, but everyone wears a different shoe size. It will take experimenting, trial,and error. But the only way to learn what works and how it works is by trying and not being afraid to fail. Instead, use those opportunities to gain the knowledge and understanding you need to succeed and reach your goals.

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

also...
    Chocolate ice cream can only be eaten 2x weekly, a small french fry once in a while only because they don't don't contain sugar or chemicals..
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options

also...
    Chocolate ice cream can only be eaten 2x weekly, a small french fry once in a while only because they don't don't contain sugar or chemicals..

damn, I did it again! :'(

I'm screwed guys - I had vanilla ice cream last night. TWICE! :(
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options

also...

damn, I did it again! :'(

I'm screwed guys - I had vanilla ice cream last night. TWICE! :(

Well you're full of chemicals and sugar now! :rage: should of had chocolate and not eaten it twice on the same night... not sure what happens when you eat both servings on the same night? May want to contact a Dr. about that..
    I get to take extra fiber :D