what NOT to eat

Options

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Your diet should consist of unprocessed foods.
    Why? So many "healthy" foods are processed, including the jasmine rice you mentioned.
    Bread, baked goods, pasta, cereal, regular soda, liquor, and desserts must be cut out entirely until get a grasp on how to incorporate cheat meals and days into your plan without reverting back to old habits.
    Why?

I incorporate these every day and and have lost a significant amount of weight. If you stick around for a while, you'll notice the majority of mfp-ers eat a balanced diet with their favorite foods in moderation. A healthy attitude towards food in general is a healthy approach to weight loss. Cutting out foods can actually cause some to develop orthorexia.

I hate cheat meals and cheat days. I can easily undo my weekly deficit with those. I'd rather incorporate my favorites daily and NOT go over my calorie goal. I only have 4-5 IDGAF days a year where I won't count calories.

Weight loss is ALL about calories, more specifically, having the right energy (CICO) balance, and nothing about the type of food you eat. Moderating all foods that one enjoys is a perfectly valid way to lose weight.

The recommendation of cutting out foods and food groups to someone who is already stressed about weight loss in general is a sure way to stress someone out further. Weight loss is stressful enough already without having to throw rules and guidelines at it.

because everyone knows that processed foods contain magical properties that make you gain weight, even if you are in calorie deficit.

:laugh:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    DebSozo wrote: »
    HappyGrape wrote: »
    Don't eat green bell peppers. I'm not sure who thought it would be a good idea to eat peppers before they were ripe. Gross.

green pointy peppers are really tasty! bell not so much
    it's little bit like spring onion in way? It has it's own taste as spring onion, before growing to a normal onion.

Jalapeños? Yum! Chili peppers? Yum!

I agree about the bell peppers. I don't like green, red, orange or yellow bell peppers. They don't taste any better to me when they turn ripe versus green, IMO.

I don't know what a spring onion is?

@DebSozo . Spring Onion. Do you guys have them in America?

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Yeah, we have them. They are typically called green onions or scallions, but I see spring onion too.

I love our language differences. I had to google what the hell an Aubergine was!

We call them Eggplants here
    Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

And I've noticed on the cooking shows, that Americans pronounce Herbs as Erbs.

I went to Ireland last year and once bought a bag of rocket salad from Tesco. I thought it was just a cool mix. I gagged once I took a bite. Arugula with other food is amazing. By itself-blegh!!

I love arugula, it's a little peppery!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Don't eat green bell peppers. I'm not sure who thought it would be a good idea to eat peppers before they were ripe. Gross.

it's little bit like spring onion in way? It has it's own taste as spring onion, before growing to a normal onion.

I agree about the bell peppers. I don't like green, red, orange or yellow bell peppers. They don't taste any better to me when they turn ripe versus green, IMO.

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Ah yes. Scallions
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Yeah, we have them. They are typically called green onions or scallions, but I see spring onion too.

I love our language differences. I had to google what the hell an Aubergine was!

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

I went to Ireland last year and once bought a bag of rocket salad from Tesco. I thought it was just a cool mix. I gagged once I took a bite. Arugula with other food is amazing. By itself-blegh!!

It has a great spice. Love it. It's awesome on burgers and sandwiches.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

I had a gourmet burger last night that included fig jam, orange-thyme marscapone cheese, crispy prosciutto and arugula on a brioche bun. Phenomenal.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

It's amazing for giving dishes a little kick! Before food intolerances went into full blast, I loved mixing it with feta cheese and stuffing it in pita bread to make a sandwhich. Now I like adding it to steamed and stir fry vegetables :smile:

• cerise_noir
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

I had a gourmet burger last night that included fig jam, orange-thyme marscapone cheese, crispy prosciutto and arugula on a brioche bun. Phenomenal.

Oh my.....YUM!

Was it called the "F-I-G-J-A-M" burger? If not, it should be. It sounds splendid.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

OMG. I hope to never meet that burger. It sounds divine, and a bit like my downfall. lol (I jest)
  • cerise_noir
    Options

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

Oh my.....YUM!

Was it called the "F-I-G-J-A-M" burger? If not, it should be. It sounds splendid.

Nope. Figgy Piggy. I like your name too.

I find the original name...adorably delicious!
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

OMG. I hope to never meet that burger. It sounds divine, and a bit like my downfall. lol (I jest)

For those who love pizza: usual tomato sauce and mozzarella, with arugula, prosciutto and tiny slices of parmesan.
    I also love arugula with grilled salmon and tomato sauce.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

For those who love pizza: usual tomato sauce and mozzarella, with arugula, prosciutto and tiny slices of parmesan.

Pizza with rocket/arugula and prosciutto and parm is so so so good!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

@Christine_72 :laugh: I had to Google Aubergine too! Never heard Eggplant called that before either and I live in the US. The things I learn on the forums :smiley:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Imma say it, don't eat the chocolate tower truffle cake, at 1,600 calories - not worth it. o:)7erceardgpg8.jpg

Mmm rather looks worth it :p Was it delicious? @flagrantavidity
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Mmm rather looks worth it :p Was it delicious? @flagrantavidity

I wouldn't know, pulled that off a list of high calorie desserts and a google image search. o:) I would go for a steak over a piece of chocolate cake any day!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

Pizza with rocket/arugula and prosciutto and parm is so so so good!

That's a favorite of mine too.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    ^Beat me to it, @AnvilHead :laugh:

Cake and steak with a beer. :)

I concur! Steak sounds good but the cake looks good! So both it is! 1600 for a 7 layer piece of cake doesn't sound that bad plus sharing is caring. :wink: