what NOT to eat

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Foods that have gone bad, make you sick, or that you don't like. And if you're planning on losing weight, too much food.

I don't know... foods that have gone bad can always give a nice kickstart to a weight loss program. ;)

https://stockholmgymsyndrome.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/giphy.gif?w=690&h=378

(awe damit someone help me with the the gif)

boyhm4yl2dwd.gif
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    ^5 Christine! It's my fave!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Snap @nutmegoreo

@tmoneyag99 I just "saved image as' and it went into my downloads.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    ^5 Christine! It's my fave!

I only watched it the other night. brilliant movie!
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks @nutmegoreo I didn't realize we still had to use good ole HTML.

side question... is there really such a thing as nutmeg oreos?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks @nutmegoreo I didn't realize we still had to use good ole HTML.

side question... is there really such a thing as nutmeg oreos?

Not that I know of. They were my guinea pigs several years back. :laugh:

Snap @nutmegoreo

@tmoneyag99 I just "saved image as' and it went into my downloads.

Great minds, ya?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    HappyGrape wrote: »
    Don't eat green bell peppers. I'm not sure who thought it would be a good idea to eat peppers before they were ripe. Gross.

green pointy peppers are really tasty! bell not so much
    it's little bit like spring onion in way? It has it's own taste as spring onion, before growing to a normal onion.

Jalapeños? Yum! Chili peppers? Yum!

I agree about the bell peppers. I don't like green, red, orange or yellow bell peppers. They don't taste any better to me when they turn ripe versus green, IMO.

I don't know what a spring onion is?

@DebSozo . Spring Onion. Do you guys have them in America?

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Yeah, we have them. They are typically called green onions or scallions, but I see spring onion too.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Don't eat green bell peppers. I'm not sure who thought it would be a good idea to eat peppers before they were ripe. Gross.

it's little bit like spring onion in way? It has it's own taste as spring onion, before growing to a normal onion.

I agree about the bell peppers. I don't like green, red, orange or yellow bell peppers. They don't taste any better to me when they turn ripe versus green, IMO.

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Yeah, we have them. They are typically called green onions or scallions, but I see spring onion too.

I love our language differences. I had to google what the hell an Aubergine was!

We call them Eggplants here
    Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

And I've noticed on the cooking shows, that Americans pronounce Herbs as Erbs.
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    wanzik wrote: »
    Don't eat cake, ice cream, maple syrup, candy, donuts, potato chips, cookies, juices, bagels and stay away from sodas. :wink:

This is satire, right? No? Why the emoticon then? Such confuse.

I don't know it is looks like satire to me!! what the heck! am always eating cake
  • lemurcat12
    edited December 2016
    Options

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

I love our language differences. I had to google what the hell an Aubergine was!

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

We definitely do! Herb with the "H" pronounced is what you call Herbert, for short.

Aubergine is some UK thing, we call those eggplants! I knew what it was from other reading, but most Americans might not.

I like rocket as a name for it, but yeah, it's arugula here (and weirdly stereotyped by some politicians as liberal or pretentious or something -- I don't really get that).

Rockmelon was new to me when you used it the other day, kind of like it.

Do you call zucchini "courgette"?

• Christine_72
    Options

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

We definitely do! Herb with the "H" pronounced is what you call Herbert, for short.

Aubergine is some UK thing, we call those eggplants! I knew what it was from other reading, but most Americans might not.

I like rocket as a name for it, but yeah, it's arugula here (and weirdly stereotyped by some politicians as liberal or pretentious or something -- I don't really get that).

Nope, zucchini is a zucchini. Peppers are capsicums, peppers are chili's.

I've always wanted to start a thread listing all the different names we use for the same things, but i dont know where to put it, I am definitely not venturing into the chitchat section :weary:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

I've always wanted to start a thread listing all the different names we use for the same things, but i dont know where to put it, I am definitely not venturing into the chitchat section :weary:

Food and Nutrition, I would think. I avoid ChitChat most days too.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

Food and Nutrition, I would think. I avoid ChitChat most days too.

I definitely wouldn't post something about alternative names for a zucchini in chit chat... if you know what I'm saying. :#:o:D

Ha! Yeah, not a good idea.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Don't eat cake, ice cream, maple syrup, candy, donuts, potato chips, cookies, juices, bagels and stay away from sodas. :wink:

totally unnecessary

But extremely helpful for cutting empty calories that could be replaced with good, healthy, lower-calorie food.

Not for everyone. When I used to try to eliminate all those "treat" foods I got hangry and quit. I see that in my friends and coworkers all the time. It was actually extremely helpful for me to learn how to fit stuff like that into my daily calorie goal, only then was I able to stay on plan long term and finally start seeing results. Some people may have to temp cut that stuff out, but for many it just makes life harder.

Yes, we are all different. :wink:

We all share our advice and the OP will find something that works for her.

I just get passionate about that. I know too many women who have years of women's magazine articles and Dr. Oz episodes under their belts, and they keep a list in their head of all the yummy foods and drinks they can't have, and all the expensive "healthy" stuff they're supposed to eat. And after a month of struggling they end up inhaling a quart of ice cream and feel like a disgusting failure. And often they decide to settle for being overweight and unhealthy rather than face that challenge again. It was like a religious experience for me when I realized I didn't have to give that stuff up LOL.

But yeah, different strokes :smile:

I can't tell you how many times, I would buy a magazine touting some "miracle diet" that I saw while in the check out line. The desperation and faint hope I had, nearly makes me cry just thinking about it. I always hoped that each one would be THE one diet that would work.

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options

jnaa6xpovgap.jpg

Cantaloupe-Rockmelon
    Arugula - Rocket

I went to Ireland last year and once bought a bag of rocket salad from Tesco. I thought it was just a cool mix. I gagged once I took a bite. Arugula with other food is amazing. By itself-blegh!!

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    OP... I know what you mean.. here's a list of my "don't eat" or don't eat much...

1. don't eat the bloomin onion at the Outback
    2. don't eat cheese fries
    3. don't eat mayo
    4. don't eat high sodium foods
    5. don't eat a lot of sugar or sweets

Sorry, bolded is a non starter for me. Though I do save it for rare occasions and make sure to do it on a cardio day, with bacon and chili and jalapenos on top!
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The UK has:

spring onions, though the shops sometimes sell them as "salad onions", but I've only ever heard people call them spring onions,
    aubergines,
    cantaloupes,
    rocket,
    courgettes,
    herbs with an h to rhyme with verb,
    coriander (not cilantro),
    biscuits (not cookies, in general, though there's a subset of biscuits, normally home-baked or from an on-site bakery, that we call cookies),
    chocolate bars and sweets or sweeties, rather than candy.