what NOT to eat

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    My take away from this thread: Lots of bro/sis gender confusion, and the silica packets I ate won't poison me.

:)

I want to know if guys in real life actually call each other "BRO" :confused:
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    My take away from this thread: Lots of bro/sis gender confusion, and the silica packets I ate won't poison me.

LoL, now that you mention it, I've never used and I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone use it.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

I do it to be sarcastic.
  • NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My only "nots" involved foods that triggered bingeing or led me to fall off plan. Even in the beginning, that meant fast food or food from convenience stores.

That's it.

It's not the food item that's the problem, but some food can trigger behavioral reactions for some folks.

And even those triggers can change over time as your tastes and habits change.

The fewer restrictions we place on our food, the better it seems to work long term for many people. That's how I roll, anyway.

You have to look long and hard at you own needs, desires, habits, triggers, and goals, and create a plan for yourself that works for YOU!
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

LOL! I've seen one or two but it is pretty rare in my experience.
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    NancyYale wrote: »
    My only "nots" involved foods that triggered bingeing or led me to fall off plan. Even in the beginning, that meant fast food or food from convenience stores.

That's it.

It's not the food item that's the problem, but some food can trigger behavioral reactions for some folks.

And even those triggers can change over time as your tastes and habits change.

The fewer restrictions we place on our food, the better it seems to work long term for many people. That's how I roll, anyway.

You have to look long and hard at you own needs, desires, habits, triggers, and goals, and create a plan for yourself that works for YOU!

Great post.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    OP... I know what you mean.. here's a list of my "don't eat" or don't eat much...

1. don't eat the bloomin onion at the Outback
    2. don't eat cheese fries
    3. don't eat mayo
    4. don't eat high sodium foods
    5. don't eat a lot of sugar or sweets
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I just commented today that we haven't been to a Red Robin's in three years. If the restaurant won't post the calorie count, then it's off my list. (I'm in Canada, by the way).
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Hubby and I just commented today that we haven't been to a Red Robin's in three years. If the restaurant won't post the calorie count, then it's off my list. (I'm in Canada, by the way).

http://redrobincanada.com/home/nutritional-information.aspx
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ETA: ^^^ Hahahahahaha Jinx, you owe me a beer.

jgnatca wrote: »

It's there! I went last year and preplanned my meal:

http://redrobincanada.com/home/nutritional-information.aspx

Now if only Cora's would get to it!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Foods I don't eat.

Eggs
    most vegetables, except peppers, raw carrots, snap peas, raw celery & potatoes
    liver
    Lima beans
    Any beans except jelly beans.
    avocado

They are all yucky.

Seriously, I probably miss pop the most but when I look at the calories, I'd rather have potato chips.

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Don't eat green bell peppers. I'm not sure who thought it would be a good idea to eat peppers before they were ripe. Gross.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I ate bad mayo once. I wouldn't eat that again. Along the same line the people who made the bad mayo were at "The Phoenix" in KCMO. I wouldn't eat there again ever.

LOL I love that you take every opportunity to mention the name of the establishment that gave you food poisoning....

I'll have to lookup The Phoenix next time I'm in KC. These constant posts about their mayo has me curious.

I think I key in on it because I've been there, it's downtown across from where Tanners used to be, and the Quaff. They have (had?) live Jazz if I recall.

They have live jazz. But it's further north. Quaff is Tenth and Broadway. Phoenix is Eighth and Central a block east and two blocks north.

Across from the Quaff is a parking lot and a crappie place to work.
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Stay away from peanut butter because fat makes you fat!!!!!
    (Shhhh don't tell op it's a joke-more peanut butter for me ;) )
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Don't eat green bell peppers. I'm not sure who thought it would be a good idea to eat peppers before they were ripe. Gross.

green pointy peppers are really tasty! bell not so much
    it's little bit like spring onion in way? It has it's own taste as spring onion, before growing to a normal onion.