what NOT to eat

Options

Replies

• markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I ate bad mayo once. I wouldn't eat that again. Along the same line the people who made the bad mayo were at "The Phoenix" in KCMO. I wouldn't eat there again ever.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    OK I will go out on a limb and say no fruit juices or sugar sodas. Keep eating fruit though.

Add salads and soups. To put as your sides when travelling hubby comes home. That will help fill you up with fewer calories while the two of you enjoy the foods you always have. Just control your portions.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    I just stopped drinking alcohol. We will see how long it lasts...
    Anyway, I want to get lean. I know WHAT to eat but not what NOT to eat.
    Any suggestions as to what NOT to eat so I can eliminate it from my diet and thoughts?
    Thanks!

If you know what TO eat, you know what NOT to eat. Right?

True but I just want someone to tell me. It's easier than left to my own devices. lol

You might be better off just joining one of those programs , like Jenny Craig or nutrisystem

Good luck
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    wanzik wrote: »
    Don't eat cake, ice cream, maple syrup, candy, donuts, potato chips, cookies, juices, bagels and stay away from sodas. :wink:

You can't lose weight and get healthier while eating those foods in moderation, within the context of an overall balanced diet?

Dang. Does that mean I have to give back my 60 pounds that I've lost? Because I've eaten all those and more throughout the process.

The OP mentioned nothing of losing weight or getting healther.... :smirk:

How you did whatever is irrelevant as are your goals.
  • wanzik
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Don't eat cake, ice cream, maple syrup, candy, donuts, potato chips, cookies, juices, bagels and stay away from sodas. :wink:

You can't lose weight and get healthier while eating those foods in moderation, within the context of an overall balanced diet?

Dang. Does that mean I have to give back my 60 pounds that I've lost? Because I've eaten all those and more throughout the process.

Getting lean doesn't usually involve losing weight where you're from?

LOL. Ok then. Enjoy your broscience.

She said she want's to get more lean, bro. Where I come from that could mean gaining weight, bro. She could reduce fat % and increase muscle % and overall weigh more, bro. To achieve that, the best thing to do is to eat lean, protein packed foods. At least where I come from, bro.

Edit: Changed "he" to "she" for WinoGelato. :smile:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I ate bad mayo once. I wouldn't eat that again. Along the same line the people who made the bad mayo were at "The Phoenix" in KCMO. I wouldn't eat there again ever.

LOL I love that you take every opportunity to mention the name of the establishment that gave you food poisoning....

I'll have to lookup The Phoenix next time I'm in KC. These constant posts about their mayo has me curious.

I think I key in on it because I've been there, it's downtown across from where Tanners used to be, and the Quaff. They have (had?) live Jazz if I recall.
  • wanzik
    Options

This is satire, right? No? Why the emoticon then? Such confuse.

Sort of. I was in the mood for fishing today and I like this pond - it's easy to get lots of bites. LOL! Although, I'm surprised there weren't more. But, I DID answer the OP's question and if she truly wants to cut some things out of her diet in order to get more lean, I gave some good examples. The choice is all hers though. :smile:
  • wanzik
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Getting lean doesn't usually involve losing weight where you're from?

LOL. Ok then. Enjoy your broscience.

He said he want's to get more lean, bro. Where I come from that could mean gaining weight, bro. He could reduce fat % and increase muscle % and overall weigh more, bro. To achieve that, the best thing to do is to eat lean, protein packed foods. At least where I come from, bro.

May want to take another look at the OP, bro. It's a she..,

I did, bro... I mean sis.. and corrected it in my post immediately above you...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Three pages to tell OP that all foods are worthy of consumption with moderation.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Do not eat sugary foods that you wouldn't eat when you are not caring how many calories you eat such as free store bought cookies or samples at grocery stores.