What's the pettiest reason that would make you stop dating someone?

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    ladies: would you break it off with a guy if he was asking to borrow your car...like often. asking for a friend.

Unless you're in an urban area like NYC where it's common to not have a car, an adult man not having reliable transportation would be a major turn off for me.

I did break up with someone who kept getting into accidents and wanting to borrow my car while he got his fixed. He never damaged mine, but this was part of a pattern of irresponsible behavior on his part.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I don't consider any of my reasons petty. I like what I like.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If he didn't like watching Political Thrillers with me

Oh...And if he looked better in my heels! :tongue:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I'd break up with a guy if he grew a goattee.

Went on a date with a guy with a longish soul patch. I caught him several times curling his lower lip inward and running the soul patch under his teeth. Like he was sucking on it. Weirded me the eff out.
    No second date.

Eew. Soul patches and other hideous, scraggly, overgrown, or skeezy looking facial hair are a HUGE turn off. There's a ton of guys out there these days with really vile, unkempt looking things growing on their faces. And then there's a bunch of guys who look like they're trying to grow facial hair, but it's really sparse and sad. If you can't do it, don't do it. Nicely trimmed, clean, well-groomed facial hair can be nice, though that doesn't seem to be the trend, sadly...
  • Romeo1luv
    Romeo1luv Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If their toe nails were unkempt, teeth were yell, hair not washed, or doesn't worry about appearance. Last but not least, flatulent.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I agreed to a date with a guy then when I saw him pull up in a dirty truck without a front bumper I pleaded migraine and asked for a rain check.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    A girl once asked to reschedule a date a second time after telling me she was sick the first time and again when she called the second time to cancel/reschedule.

One time I was OK with.
    Second time I didn't bother returning her phone call.

There was adequate time to recover between the dates. A couple weeks at least. Unless of course she had something serious, but I guess I'll never know. Oh well.

• Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    wenddrake wrote: »
    Bald men.. Id never date one to start with.. Shallow I know but a bald mans head grosses me out.. I've broken up with guys over stupid stuff.. Nose is to big. Don't like his family.. He gives off bad vibes ECT..

It's not shallow. It's your loss. I'm bald and I'm sexier than most men with hair in my gym. The other guys that are hotter than me. Probably gay. Good luck to you though.

Meh. I disagree a bit with the shallow comment. I think the height, hair, facial hair, basically any physical comments are shallow.
    I happen to find bald men sexy, especially when they have a beard. Not everyone shares that and that is okay, but to turn anyone away based on just a physical characteristic is shallow. That is what this thread is all about though.
    Ultimately we all SHOULD only care about the inside, but we are human

Good point about the thread. Nice focus. I forgot to mention I also have a neatly kept beard.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Incessant, inane talking.... I don't need frivolous verbal diarrhea... silence is often a bonus with me..
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...The other guys that are hotter than me. Probably gay...

So that's what happened to all the hot guys... B)

• opheliaphoenix
    opheliaphoenix Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    The pettiest reason I have personally stopped seeing someone was because he had really chapped lips...not just a one bad day or in the wintertime or anything, but each time I saw him over the course of a couple weeks. He was actually really attractive in general, but I felt uneasy and not at all pulled into the moment when we would kiss, and it was too much for me to ignore. It killed our chemistry before we could even develop any...lol.

On the flip side of that, I had an ex who would always rub chapstick all over his lip area, including the area all around his mouth. It looked like he had greasy food residue on his upper lip, and it was repulsive. We didn't end up breaking up over that or anything (it was for much worse reasons), but it was something that I never forgot and was regularly was grossed out by during our time together.

I guess I have a thing for lips looking and feeling nice, and I didn't even realize it until making this post. :lol:
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I stopped seeing a guy bc he baby talked me. He was like....6'7 and talking like a baby trying to make moves....no thanks!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I'd break up with a guy if he grew a goattee.

Nooooo... I <3 them!

I would break up with a guy who was not into the same music, or drove a really bad car, or if he spelt my name wrong.
  • TurnuptheACDC
    TurnuptheACDC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I broke things off with a dude because I had more knowledge about sports than he did.
  • elle_bear_11
    elle_bear_11 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Janikers wrote: »
    I broke things off with a dude because I had more knowledge about sports than he did.

Literally what i was gonna say..we ended up playing on a co-ed soccer team together..i quit the team and broke up with him because it was so embaressing..
  • TurnuptheACDC
    TurnuptheACDC Posts: 318 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Janikers wrote: »

Literally what i was gonna say..we ended up playing on a co-ed soccer team together..i quit the team and broke up with him because it was so embaressing..

You should've just casually tripped him to the point where he was out for the whole season.

Jk that's rude lol