o4ko0wuaxi9t.jpg
    1ku1damn2ve4.jpg
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,

Barbie- Hope that Jake is doing better.
    Zuzurillow and Redhouse6758- Welcome.

Did my weekly weigh in this morning and I lost 6 pounds, then my DH took me out to Breakfast before we did the weekly shopping. Now spending some time with my furbabies.

Marti from Ontario, Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: I'm so happy that you checked in with us. I hope you post frequently and share your adventures with Darth Vader. :wink:

Allie: I'm happy to hear you have found a no-nonsense attorney to help you with your situation. Yay!!!. Stay strong and follow the good advice you are given. :heart:

I am getting used to my new glasses and am currently doing okay reading the computer screen. I really like them and hope that I don't have to go back in for adjustments. My right eye has had no issues. My left eye needs more correction i& it is the one that is struggling a bit. At this moment I can see and read the computer screen and I haven't made the type size huge so I'm hopeful that this is simply about adapting to the change.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,439 Member
    Options
    Rita – we missed you! Thank you for checking in and the great pictures. Glad everything got fixed up on the RV and sounds like you’ll be good to go and can start venturing out across the US! :)

Dana – what neat views of Austin. Bet it was hard to leave a job you really loved, but I think you are the type of person who is always ready for an adventure and are enjoying your Arkansas views of the woods and critters. And wanted to mention your wedding photo was darling. Mexican restaurant – way to go! Texas and the south in general are definitely on my bucket list. Maybe I can hang on Rita’s fender as they drive thru one of these days. B)

Joyce – thank you for sharing about your DH’s Parkinson’s. ((((hugs)))). Their stubbornness is a good thing and when I see my DH doing chores around here (chopping wood) with painful shoulders, I know this is what’s keeping him going. Even tho living on large lots or in large houses takes a lot of work, it also gives them a reason to get up. And they feel safe there which is important. <3

Becca – thanks too for your wise words about caretakers. In the Emergency Management field, the rule is take care of yourself first so you can then care for others. I think that transfers to cases like ours where we see our roles changing. I think being part of this group and learning how to take care of our health – physical and mental and emotional – is time very well spent. ;)

Mia – your glass pieces are amazing!! Very proud of you!!! I would think you’d have folks standing in line to buy them. Glass blowers who make usable pieces like that seem to do well at street fairs and such around here. Are you ever in awe of what you made and thought – “I was the conduit that brought this beautiful piece to life!” Thrilling. o:)

Heather – sounds like everything is ready for a wonderful party. That cake is really cute! :p

Machka – sending warm thoughts and hugs to you about your sudden upcoming surgery and treatment. <3 It’s good you have medical folks that are on the ball and want to get things taken care of right away! Sounds like that DVT was caught just in the nick of time – good thing you know about it and be aware. By the way, I took some time and went thru your “loveshack” photos. What beautiful country! I think you and DH got it fixed up very nice and cozy! And you were an amazing “pioneer” cook! There are popular TV shows on over here about folks that do just what you did in making that shack livable and adapting solar, etc. You said you now live in a different home – hope it’s comfortable and to your liking! I can’t remember – are you teaching?

Katla
    – glad your eyes are adjusting to the glasses! B)

Have a great evening everyone!

Lanette
    Wet SW Washington State

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm back to full strength. Whatever that little throat malady was, it's passed. :D Took the afternoon off work to play with my 'Mother's Day Present', a new carpet shampooer. Mars the cat has really been making a mess of our carpeted areas, and I'm tired of calling in the pros. A little urgency is in the air around here as we are expecting a nephew and his wife to stay with us over Memorial Day weekend. So today also marks the official start of 'operation deep clean'. Will piece meal the work until the day they arrive. Call me weird but I actually like tackling grimy nooks and crannies and breathing in that freshly cleaned scent...okay, it's febreeze, but to me it's better when in used in a CLEAN room. :wink: Tomorrow I'll get started on cleaning my home office. Probably will take most of the weekend. Glee!

Barbie: I hope Jake gets inspired to deal with his health. He certainly has a great model in you.

NYKaren: My oh my...that is some saga for a freshman to deal with. You clearly have raised a strong young woman. :star:

Margaret: Great to hear your DH is doing better! :heart:

Heather: That cake is adorable. Enjoy the get-together.

Rita: Love your photos and glad you're in a good place to get the RV repairs done.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    grw4g9pkhyft.jpg

So my husband used two ham hocks I had gotten last month when I volunteered st the senior luncheon, and made pinto bean soup today! He soaked the beans all last night. The soup was really good, but he confessed that the ham hock kind of disintegrated in the bubbling soup. So when we took a bite you had to pick out hock bits, and bits of fat. So we carefully ate our bowlfuls, then I strained the rest. I was able to strain 2 whole mason jars full. I can add canned beans, or cabbage, or baby potatoes! I have many plans for that creamy mixture!!
    Becca

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Marking.
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Good evening!
    I was so busy today cleaning the house today I hardly had time to read all the posts. I'll have to catch up tomorrow.
    I moved the furniture around to accommodate the new ottoman DH bought. His bunion has been hurting him awful. I hate to see him wince in pain. The doctor said no surgery yet. Not bad enough. Ugh!!

We went out for dinner tonight to a place we haven't been before. They had a pot roast special which was delicious! They had some Cajun dishes I would like to try. Gator gumbo!! They also had Gulf grouper on the menu. Yummy. We also buy fresh grouper when at the gulf. It's about $20 lb so it's a specialty for us!!
    I should of just had dinner though. I had a beer and a piece of Derby pie. It's a chocolate pecan (or walnut) pie with a crust on top served warm. OMG! It was so good. It's the first time I was way over in calories for the day! I was dying for a sweet after 50 days of dieting. Better tomorrow.

Good night, sweet dreams!
    Dana in Arkansas

DH looking comfy and Dolly too!tt8zdtybrmz0.jpg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,746 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.19min. 14.4amph, 160mhr, 2.9mi = 125c
    apple watch- 89c
    day 20-Plyometrics exercises- 24.20min, 3sets of 10each, squats, burpees, running stationary lunges, single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl toe touch single leg, hamstring leglifts, crunches, situps, push-ups, 133mhr = 144c
    apple watch- 131c
    0 runner- 17.32min, 9.58min mi, 5 incl, 39avlength, 11avheight, 102avcadence, 118ahr, 120mhr, 1.75mi= 129c
    apple watch- 108c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.43min, 12.5amph, 142mhr, 1.3mi = 68c
    apple watch- 57c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 14.52min, 12.2amph, 174mhr, 127ahr, 3mi = 162c
    apple iwatch- 117c
    jog station 2 wk- 5min, 10.05min mi, 135ahr, 174mhr, .4mi = 67c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.14min 8.58min mi, 147mhr, ..4mi = 65c
    apple watch- 60c
    bike ride dome 2 hm up Mst- 17.45min, 8.3amph,172mhr, 2.4mi = 199c
    Apple Watch- 149ce

total cal 959
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbie- (((Hugs))) all I can say is that you are an amazing woman and we are all here for you!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Barbie, I’m so sorry to hear about Jake’s state of stress. My DH stresses over the national news to the point that I don’t like to have it on when he is around. I hope things improve for you. (((Hugs)))

Becca, you might have a good idea for your hubby but if I put on something silly while my DH was in a rant, I think it would just pi$$ him off. That is just my DH.

MicheleNC, it breaks my heart at how upset you get about the future MIL and the wedding. I’m not saying that I wouldn’t, but I’ve mellowed so much in my old age that lots of things don’t bother me any longer. I just hate to see you riled up when the truth is, much of it doesn’t matter at all other than the fact that “she” is involved. (((Hugs)))

Katla, glad you like your new glasses. If they are very different I’d expect it to take a day or two to get used to them.

NYKaren, I know you are proud of your DD. Great that she did a good job and has it all behind her.

Machka, sorry about the diagnosis. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Barbie, so sorry to hear about Jake. Does he have a regular doctor’s appointment soon? Sounds like he needs to be checked out. And yes, getting older isn’t fun when it comes to our bodies. Sending strength.

Heather, the cake looks fantastic. A second showing is good and who knows, their house could sell in a day. **fingers crossed**

Mia, beautiful work. How cool that you now have a new place to sell your work.
    Allie, I know you are scared to death, but I feel in your heart you know you have made the right decision. I am so proud of you for taking control of your life and giving yourself the choice of a bright future. Biggest hugs ever

Janetr OKC I ditto that, exactly!!!!

Rita, so glad you are loving the RV life. Great pictures…well..except..maybe that one…you know, the worms. Lol

Barbie, so sorry to hear about Jake’s reason for his health problem. My concern is now you! How are you with all of that other than probably sick at your stomach? Wow and now to wait until he makes up his mind. You know we are all with you and pulling for a good outcome for you. (((((Hugs))))) I love this place that we can tell anything and have to thank you for that.

I had a 3 hour lunch today with the lady that I will go to Tampa with for the International Moose convention. We needed to make plans and decided whether to drive or fly. We decided to drive and spend a couple of extra days there to get in a bit of vacation. We will be busy during the convention. I’m taking a Senior Driving course online through AARP to lower my insurance rates. I got a speeding ticket two years ago on the way to Charleston for a cruise and our rates have gone up a lot. We are enjoying having DD at home and she is getting settled.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.
    Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Barbie This place is our safe haven. So what now, you just wait until he makes up his mind? Men can be so frustrating. Part of what makes a marriage strong is the commitment you promise to the other. Have you considered a time limit for your husband to keep you guessing? Approaching that issue, would be a delicate discussion to say the least, but its only fair for his emotional health and yours friend. I hope he realizes what he has, and holds onto that. Wishing for you both peaceful resolutions. (((((Hugs friend)))))))

Becca