Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    morganfx wrote: »
    Enjcg5 wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with aspartame. I dare not mention this in public.

I was this close to having a full-blown argument with my coworker about aspartame a few weeks ago lol I feel your pain.

I drink generic diet coke. I might as well be drinking antifreeze!

I drink diet Mountain Dew. I think that is antifreeze.

Edited for spelling.

And a contraceptive
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    When people say things like "Oh I am getting a muffin top, I better start doing sit ups" ugh! And when people complain about their weight and their health while they're shoving over processed chemicals and toxins pretending to be food in their mouth! When someone says "I eat healthy and exercise, I don't know why I can't lose weight" duh...

I am a firm believer in the use of supplementation to help with weight loss, or cutting efforts!

Milk/dairy is bad. There's no other species in the world that drinks the bodily fluid of another species... and it's gross. The dairy industry has most people in this world completely fooled!

Obesity is because people are too lazy to educate themselves, too lazy to pick up a product and read a label and WAY to lazy to actually buy, bring home and prepare something. I mean why buy an actual head of broccoli when you can buy it in a bag loaded with cheese sauce and sodium.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    And humans aren't the only the only animals that drink the milk of another species. Other animals will if the opportunity arises, and some make their opportunity. Sheathbills will steal the milk of the elephant seal.

http://web.uvic.ca/~mamu/sheathbills.html

This is fascinating, I never knew this. Thanks!
  • WayTooHonest
    WayTooHonest Posts: 144 Member
    edited June 2017
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    And when people complain about their weight and their health while they're shoving over processed chemicals and toxins pretending to be food in their mouth! ...

I am a firm believer in the use of supplementation to help with weight loss, or cutting efforts!

Hello Irony, how good to see you.

Those same supplements that generally speaking have no scientific evidence, clinical trials, or basis in verifiable facts? I can't roll my eyes back in my head far enough.

The fact that a product is classified under supplement regulations shows that the product may be safe, but is unable to prove effectiveness.

Wait...I feel like I said exactly that...

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2017
    Milk/dairy is bad. There's no other species in the world that drinks the bodily fluid of another species... and it's gross. The dairy industry has most people in this world completely fooled!

Noooope. Science says otherwise: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27882862?log$=activity
This discussion has been closed.