Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Options

Replies

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    When people say things like "Oh I am getting a muffin top, I better start doing sit ups" ugh! And when people complain about their weight and their health while they're shoving over processed chemicals and toxins pretending to be food in their mouth! When someone says "I eat healthy and exercise, I don't know why I can't lose weight" duh...

I am a firm believer in the use of supplementation to help with weight loss, or cutting efforts!

Milk/dairy is bad. There's no other species in the world that drinks the bodily fluid of another species... and it's gross. The dairy industry has most people in this world completely fooled!

Obesity is because people are too lazy to educate themselves, too lazy to pick up a product and read a label and WAY to lazy to actually buy, bring home and prepare something. I mean why buy an actual head of broccoli when you can buy it in a bag loaded with cheese sauce and sodium.

@cushman5279 are you trying to start a wet nurse business? cause you know that could be the next "new" thing...

and I actually disagree and can prove you wrong...I've seen on many dif occasions baby animals nursing "other types" of animals...kittens with dogs...puppies with Cats

Orphaned animals in general will eat what they are given due to survival...so Yah no try again

She has had scientific articles to demonstrate this to her on other threads (there are a variety of peer reviewed articles on livestock loss due to nursing stock loss due specifically to the contents of their stomach), so she knows this is true, but she likes to continue to distribute her propaganda. I guess "fundamentally dishonest propaganda" would certainly fall under "unpopular opinions."

^ Thread stalker.
  • WayTooHonest
    WayTooHonest Posts: 144 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    And when people complain about their weight and their health while they're shoving over processed chemicals and toxins pretending to be food in their mouth! ...

I am a firm believer in the use of supplementation to help with weight loss, or cutting efforts!

Hello Irony, how good to see you.

Those same supplements that generally speaking have no scientific evidence, clinical trials, or basis in verifiable facts? I can't roll my eyes back in my head far enough.

The fact that a product is classified under supplement regulations shows that the product may be safe, but is unable to prove effectiveness.

Wait...I feel like I said exactly that...

And for the record: "Manufacturers and distributors of dietary supplements and dietary ingredients are prohibited from marketing products that are adulterated or misbranded. That means that these firms are responsible for evaluating the safety and labeling of their products before marketing to ensure that they meet all the requirements of DSHEA and FDA regulations. FDA is responsible for taking action against any adulterated or misbranded dietary supplement product after it reaches the market." Source: https://www.fda.gov/food/dietarysupplements/

which still does not change irony inherent in the statement that the chemicals in processed foods are somehow bad, but it is completely legitimate to use the chemicals in supplements for weight loss, and that is OK...

I am on another planet apparently, because if you read back, I am she who initially pointed out the irony.
  • WayTooHonest
    WayTooHonest Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    And when people complain about their weight and their health while they're shoving over processed chemicals and toxins pretending to be food in their mouth! ...

Hello Irony, how good to see you.

Those same supplements that generally speaking have no scientific evidence, clinical trials, or basis in verifiable facts? I can't roll my eyes back in my head far enough.

The fact that a product is classified under supplement regulations shows that the product may be safe, but is unable to prove effectiveness.

Wait...I feel like I said exactly that...

You did - I'm merely reinforcing your point with the actual regulations.

If a product was both safe and effective it is classified under drug/medical device/combo/etc regulations.

As it cannot be proven to be effective it is classified under supplement regulations, which by very definition means that it can not prove to be effective.

....and yet $122 B industry to the US economy alone.

My apologies than, I apparently misread your intent.
This discussion has been closed.