Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Replies

• Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Macy9336 wrote: »
    My OB GYN was a quack. Just saying.
    They're not gods...
    Besides the guys opinion was general in nature so what is so god awful wrong about him simply repeating general CDC guidance as a general opinion? Over sensitive people on here I think.

He suggested that a person should ignore their OBGYN in favor of the CDC recommendation.
    You may have not had a good experience with your OBGYN, but I trusted mine and if she suggested something that deviated from general guidelines, I would have asked her why she felt that way and probably ultimately trusted her judgement.

I think, but I might have misunderstood the comments, but the male poster in question also made a passive aggressive insinuation that because one of the female participants in the discussion went to loud concerts while pregnant, that there may have been negative consequence for the child once born. I think that's what this comment was in reference to... I wonder what kind of shape they were in but that is a different discussion as well.

So yeah, I don't think people are being overly sensitive in their responses at all.

I really think you are. How else is someone supposed to express an opinion if not in general terms? And with statistics that are backed up by the CDC as applying to MOST people? Should he have said an opinion that applies to 1% of the population where gaining over 50lbs is ok? Or the 1% where losing 20lbs is ok?

So what if he expressed concern over fatal exposure to high decibels ( which may be harmful)? Isn't that a separate debate? Like drinking and smoking while in a hot tub while pregnant would be?
  • dancefit2015
    dancefit2015 Posts: 236 Member
    I don't believe humans were necessarily meant to eat grain nor dairy... Maybe some have adapted but I know many people and myself feel terrible after eating any gluten or dairy.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    I don't believe humans were necessarily meant to eat grain nor dairy... Maybe some have adapted but I know many people and myself feel terrible after eating any gluten or dairy.

You do realize that many grains don't contain gluten?

I have celiac disease, but plenty of grains and I are very good friends.

Sorghum is amazing stuff. I've been experimenting fermenting old recipes using sorghum as a base. Has a very earthy sweet flavor to it.
This discussion has been closed.