What terms/phrases wind you up about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    woo.
  • trystin
    trystin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Loosing "weight" bugs me. I don't want to loose weight I want to loose fat and inches.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    I quite like the rule about not eating ingredients you can't pronounce. As a chemist it allows me to eat pretty much anything.

Have we had the obligatory ingredient list of an apple or a banana yet this thread?

and if I have a lisp and cant pronounce spinach, I shouldn't eat it??

Silly rule is really silly. :s

• LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode and plateaus and any absolutes.

Why do you hate the word plateau? They're a real (and annoying) thing!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    'nuts are good source of protein'.

I think that's the worse for me, lol. That, and 'you're probably gaining muscle' on 1200 calories.

The perimeter of the store thing just makes me laugh though - my stores have their bakery section on the perimeter, most of the time. Enough said...

'need motivation'. Sorry, nobody can help you with that.

And 'skinny fat'. I shake my head at what people consider 'skinny fat'. No, if you're at the bottom of the healthy BMI for your height, there's not even a remote chance that you are 'skinny fat'.
    Yup.

• missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    "Eat more fat, it satiates you", no it bloody doesn't, at least for me. I get my fat (and protein) requirements but after that everything else is going straight to carbs. Fat is calorically dense as hell just weigh out a tablespoon of peanut butter yet it does absolutely nothing to fill me up. Adding sticks of butter and oil to meals just seems so counterproductive to me, you'll hit your caloric limits real quick doing that.

Amen and amen!!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.

Pretty sure that's not how bodies work yo.

Oh, yeah. Hate this.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    trystin wrote: »
    Loosing "weight" bugs me. I don't want to loose weight I want to loose fat and inches.

LOL -- "lose"
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I'm picky about how I word some things but not others. While I would not use "cheat" to describe my high calorie meals I have no problem using "losing weight". Probably because the former comes from a place that can potentially affect my dieting negatively but not the latter. Dieting automatically feels harder if I need to "cheat" on it, even if I'm eating the same calories so I try to avoid that mindset. As for weight loss, I want to lose weight, by losing weight I will automatically lose fat. Not being obsessed with the scale, knowing that I'm in a calorie deficit, and having a large amount to lose will guarantee that I will lose weight, fat, and inches, so I'm not too picky about what I call this process.
  • TarahByte
    TarahByte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Enjcg5 wrote: »
    That chunk of time literally everyone and their mother were "thriving". tHrive was the answer to everything. Thrive cured everything! Thrive was the unicorn of the universe. However, it fizzled. No one even thrives on my newsfeed anymore? What happened to all the thrivers?

They all made their way to my newsfeed on Facebook. I keep them around to laugh at them.

• titantron40
    titantron40 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    "no pain, no gain" this is literally what I see when my friends post their gym pics on social medias... worst thing is they've only went there once and after about maybe a week i see them drinking beers and being incredibly lazy
  • highwood125
    highwood125 Posts: 31 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    since I have been on these boards I seem to get irrationally angry when people say they are 'being good' or they go on about 'bad foods' haha

I hate that too! I have a friend who will say, "I was bad today, I ate a slice or two of pizza for lunch", drives me nuts when I hear talk like that. No bad food, it is just food. Eat in moderation and having one or two slices of pizza imo is moderation.
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    mlinci wrote: »
    - this one is slightly irrational on my part, but I find it incredibly frustrating: it irritates me that as a 5'5, 139 lbs woman aged 41, I need to consistently walk about 11,000 steps a day to bring my calorie expenditure just to 2,000 or so calories. I am intensely jealous of taller, heavier and more muscular people who can eat more and not gain weight. Because I love eating. I also want to scream when older shorter women mention their total daily calorie expenditure is 1,500, just because of the sheer injustice of it.

I don't think it's irrational at all. Granted, I get a lot more calories than you...but I get very frustrated that my husband gets so many more calories than me. In my defense, we're the same height and I actually weigh more (which sucks) so one would think we'd get about the same. But he also is more active simply by the nature of our jobs and for some reason I have yet to figure out his fitbit gives him a lot more steps, even if we spend the whole day together! It's just very annoying to have him with a thousand freaking exercise calories when I'm down to eating a carrot.