July 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Thanks @MobyCarp . I think my boots are 2lbs for both. My FRC seems light, only a cotton shirt under it.

Thanks @kimlight2 ! Glad my ramblings are entertaining.

@PastorVincent yuck! *Northerners* ketchup? I had 3 dogs yesterday with chili, cheese, onion and mustard. Mmmmm! :smiley:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent yuck! *Northerners* ketchup? I had 3 dogs yesterday with chili, cheese, onion and mustard. Mmmmm! :smiley:

I have lived in the West, and in the South, and in East, the North... everywhere I go people eat hotdogs with ketchup.. so not a northern USA thing at all. Unlike say Pork Roll, which is a very much North East thing. :)

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

I have lived in the West, and in the South, and in East, the North... everywhere I go people eat hotdogs with ketchup.. so not a northern USA thing at all. Unlike say Pork Roll, which is a very much North East thing. :)

Never put ketchup on a hot dog in Chicago unless you have a death wish.
  • Elise4270
    edited July 2017
    Options

Ya I'm just bustin' your chops. You were supposed to say "well that's why it's MY hot dog and not yours" :wink: My daughter is a ketchup/pickle addict. So I couldn't resist a little razzing.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    July goal: 55 miles

7/2: 4.3 miles
    7/3: 3.7 miles

8/55 miles

I had the day off today so I ran early. I didn't do my yoga yet, but I am planning on that this afternoon. It was hot, but it is July so what can you do? It was easier than yesterday's run. I feel so slow, but I just try to tell myself that my pace will be slower in the heat and I'm hoping that it will be better when the weather is nicer.

exercise.png

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    7/1: 5.36 km
    7/3: 5.19 km

10.55 / 75 km

My hr was all over the place today because the barista must have decided that I needed caffeine instead of my usual decaf (I have an arrhythmia that acts up with caffeine). It made for an amusing run trying to get/stay in the right zone. On the bright side, I don't have any anxiety about it anymore.

@Elise4270 That's cool you're going for a DEXA. I'd like to try one. Let us know how it goes. Still, I'm sure your scale is accurate enough. It was probably just a time-of-day-and-clothes-with-heavy-boots thing. I love your ramblings <3
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I'm all about the ketchup (and relish). Yum. Now, I'm hungry.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Ya Karl! Mustard! *Even on burgers*. For some reason I do like McDonald's cheap little burgers with that warm ketchup and a pickle. Must be an association from childhood.

If I can figure out how to get to your diary, I'll definitely kick you in the kitten! I'm on mobile and mfp won't even let me complete my diary. If you do complete it, it shares the link in the home feed. So glitchy sometimes.

You're not alone, I am working on my food quality too. *Urp...scuze... fast food and diet soda (jeez I hope it's diet).

My new runner friend that was so concerned with the disk golf course was hit that same day with a driver. Luckily, it hit her in the thigh and she's just bruised. She took an article to the park office where a runner lost vision in an eye after being hit with one. I sure hope they figure this all out.

Alright. I gotta go back to work..... Y'all be good. Or not. Whaddo I care. Haha! Except you Karl! Be good! Don't make me bring you a salad!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    7/1: 5.36 km
    7/3: 5.19 km

10.55 / 75 km

My hr was all over the place today because the barista must have decided that I needed caffeine instead of my usual decaf (I have an arrhythmia that acts up with caffeine). It made for an amusing run trying to get/stay in the right zone. On the bright side, I don't have any anxiety about it anymore.

@Elise4270 That's cool you're going for a DEXA. I'd like to try one. Let us know how it goes. Still, I'm sure your scale is accurate enough. It was probably just a time-of-day-and-clothes-with-heavy-boots thing. I love your ramblings <3

Ya, I'm sure my scale is fine. But I keep wondering about it. And it'll be nice to have a real number to compare in 3-6 months. Thanks! <3
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ya Karl! Mustard! *Even on burgers*. For some reason I do like McDonald's cheap little burgers with that warm ketchup and a pickle. Must be an association from childhood.

I absolutely despise ketchup. I think it is pure concentrated evil. The smell of it makes me gag. Yet, I don't mind it on McDonald's hamburgers. So strange.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    [
    Ya, I'm sure my scale is fine. But I keep wondering about it. And it'll be nice to have a real number to compare in 3-6 months. Thanks! <3

@Elise4270 - the WEIGHT is probably correct, but I doubt any of the home scales out there actually give a good number for BF %. I could be wrong... but I doubt it. :)
  • Elise4270
    Options

I absolutely despise ketchup. I think it is pure concentrated evil. The smell of it makes me gag. Yet, I don't mind it on McDonald's hamburgers. So strange.

Maybe it's not ketchup :scream: Or ketchup and soy go well together?
  • Elise4270
    Options
    [

@Elise4270 - the WEIGHT is probably correct, but I doubt any of the home scales out there actually give a good number for BF %. I could be wrong... but I doubt it. :)

I totally agree. Be a good baseline to have. I know I need to add muscle. Maybe this will help push me to work on that.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    July 1 – 5.0 miles & 21DFX ABC Extreme
    July 2 – 3.0 miles & P90X3 Isometrix
    July 3 – 4 miles & 21DFX Power Strength Extreme

Total: 12.0/100 miles

Upcoming Race:
    July 21 - St. Pete Beach Series, Race #2, 5K
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I booked a dexa scan mid August. I was happy with my home scale numbers until work came up with different numbers, 8 pounds heavier (dressed and in steel toe boots). I don't know if my clothes really weighed that much. Best I get on my scale is about 6. My scale says 20% bf works measurements are 27 (outside of clothes) seems to be like the Navy calculation. Figure the scan will answer questions.

My boss just tried to get me to eat homemade cheesecake. I looked at it. It smelled wierd.

I'm cold. Why do I have to work today? My check engine light is still on. AutoZone confirmed it is gas cap crap. Dang EPA regs. They can not reset it by law. Oh well. Bet he would have if dh would have shown him his kitten. Haha. Trying so hard today to do NOTHING at work today.

If you read all of my ramblings, you're either pathetic, a true friend, or trying to ditch work like me.

Is it lunch time yet?

@Elise4270 I have had different measurements with every calculation method and scale / hand-held bio-electric impedance method, but my Omron scale is always the highest. When I had a Dexa scan in April, my scale that morning showed 16.1% body fat. When I mentioned to the person doing the scan that I use a scale, she was about to tell me about the inaccuracies of those scales and how they show a much lower result than the more accurate Dexa (I hadn't heard the results at this point). I told her it was 16.1% that morning, and that I noticed it was ALWAYS higher than anything else... at which point she cut past the standard lecture she was obviously about to give and gave me the Dexa result (15.8%).

I'm going to do another Dexa scan when I think I'm close to my goal of 10% body fat or towards the end of the year - whichever comes first.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    I booked a dexa scan mid August. I was happy with my home scale numbers until work came up with different numbers, 8 pounds heavier (dressed and in steel toe boots). I don't know if my clothes really weighed that much. Best I get on my scale is about 6. My scale says 20% bf works measurements are 27 (outside of clothes) seems to be like the Navy calculation. Figure the scan will answer questions.

My boss just tried to get me to eat homemade cheesecake. I looked at it. It smelled wierd.

I'm cold. Why do I have to work today? My check engine light is still on. AutoZone confirmed it is gas cap crap. Dang EPA regs. They can not reset it by law. Oh well. Bet he would have if dh would have shown him his kitten. Haha. Trying so hard today to do NOTHING at work today.

If you read all of my ramblings, you're either pathetic, a true friend, or trying to ditch work like me.

Is it lunch time yet?

@Elise4270 I have had different measurements with every calculation method and scale / hand-held bio-electric impedance method, but my Omron scale is always the highest. When I had a Dexa scan in April, my scale that morning showed 16.1% body fat. When I mentioned to the person doing the scan that I use a scale, she was about to tell me about the inaccuracies of those scales and how they show a much lower result than the more accurate Dexa (I hadn't heard the results at this point). I told her it was 16.1% that morning, and that I noticed it was ALWAYS higher than anything else... at which point she cut past the standard lecture she was obviously about to give and gave me the Dexa result (15.8%).

I'm going to do another Dexa scan when I think I'm close to my goal of 10% body fat or towards the end of the year - whichever comes first.

Awesome numbers! That's nice to hear that yours was on the money.

I'm hoping mine is close. I'm studying up on recomp. Sounds like a solid way to lose and gain. Of course, that means I need to utilize my gym membership more... some... regularly. :cold_sweat:

Good luck on that 10%! I'll be tickled with 15-17%, (ok less than 20) Any advice on getting there?
  • Elise4270
    Options
    You guys notice that there are 1.6k views on this thread and this is the 200th post? Thats 8 looks per 1 post.

Lots a folks should jump in and make a running goal! Or maybe I'm not the only one that checks in just for a quick read while the boss isn't about.

Anyhow, 45 minutes left in this day. Thanks to everyone for entertaining me and sharing your hot dog preferences. I hate the things. But, once in a while I sure love a good chili dog. DH boils them. Guess that makes 'em better than the nuker. I work with a guy that said he use to make them and there are zero chicken lips and behinds in them. Still, Idk if I believe that.