Respect in the gym

Options
12345679»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It's really "interesting" (is that the right word, I don't know) to me, how long people are dragging out this thread about one random stranger's "frustration" in the gym.

Final outcome of thread: Don't circuit train in the free weights section. It wasn't because she's a girl.

Hopefully people learned something. Also there were some questions about etiquette (people starting to wonder if supersets were ok or not). And some initial confusion about the guy setting up bands and then wandering around on the phone. But, we have all determined this stranger we don't know was using the bands for the squats.

I think it is ignorant to tell someone to go back to JM videos just because they are not using bands in the squat rack. So, if someone can lift their own body weight and is making great progress, but does not use chains or bands yet, they should just stop lifting heavy and go use dvd's they've never even used before. I don't want an answer to these "questions" (just in case there is any confusion). This thread should die. Sorry I bumped it (I've been camping, without internet access for the past 3 days).
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It's really "interesting" (is that the right word, I don't know) to me, how long people are dragging out this thread about one random stranger's "frustration" in the gym.

Final outcome of thread: Don't circuit train in the free weights section. It wasn't because she's a girl.

Hopefully people learned something. Also there were some questions about etiquette (people starting to wonder if supersets were ok or not). And some initial confusion about the guy setting up bands and then wandering around on the phone. But, we have all determined this stranger we don't know was using the bands for the squats.

I think it is ignorant to tell someone to go back to JM videos just because they are not using bands in the squat rack. So, if someone can lift their own body weight and is making great progress, but does not use chains or bands yet, they should just stop lifting heavy and go use dvd's they've never even used before. I don't want an answer to these "questions" (just in case there is any confusion). This thread should die. Sorry I bumped it (I've been camping, without internet access for the past 3 days).

Makes post wanting thread to die...

...on two-day dormant thread.

BP, you're doing it wrong.

:flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I know, I'm silly.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I know, I'm silly.

Only thing left to do now...

...is post 13 pages of gifs...

...to roll it to death.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Bump a two day old thread wishing it would die, but call one of the other posters ignorant in the process? Hum . . . last dig? :wink: *

I didn't post the JM video comment, but it was in response to someone else calling bands a waste of time. It seems even the person calling bands a waste of time relented and admitted to using them on occasion. Meh, good natured trash talk among some gym goers. Nothing to see here.

* In case the wink isn't enough, I really am just teasing.

Oh, and a gif:

tumblr_mjbaqgxIQm1s3u5q3o1_400_zpsaed4f211.gif
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    :wink:

Yeah, I was out in the wilderness for 3 days, with no internet access, and this was at the top of my recent topics. I got annoyed for a brief instantaneous moment. The moment has passed.

I'm still away on my adventures, so it may be days before I see any replies and we may find ourselves back here again (I'll try my best to avoid that).
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    ASw8bTT.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    this thread is still going?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Bump a two day old thread wishing it would die, but call one of the other posters ignorant in the process? Hum . . . last dig? :wink: *

I didn't post the JM video comment, but it was in response to someone else calling bands a waste of time. It seems even the person calling bands a waste of time relented and admitted to using them on occasion. Meh, good natured trash talk among some gym goers. Nothing to see here.

* In case the wink isn't enough, I really am just teasing.

Oh, and a gif:

tumblr_mjbaqgxIQm1s3u5q3o1_400_zpsaed4f211.gif

bands to make her dance...oh wait were not talking about that song?
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    ASw8bTT.jpg

:laugh: :wink: :tongue:

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

:smile:

Hugs and Kisses, Peace and Love for everybody! xoxox