Unwarranted Advice

Options

Replies

• twinkles4
    twinkles4 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Mom-in-law and I got into a debate on whether or not take-out Chinese food was 'healthy' take out. She said it is because it's just vegetables and meat protein. I disagreed due to its high sodium/fat content.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    twinkles4 wrote: »
    Mom-in-law and I got into a debate on whether or not take-out Chinese food was 'healthy' take out. She said it is because it's just vegetables and meat protein. I disagreed due to its high sodium/fat content.

If you get your meal steamed with no sauce then it is just protein and veggies. Not too bad a choice.
  • bingo_007
    bingo_007 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I feel like you can't do it right. If I eat cake or chocolate why can eat this and still stay slim. If I eat healthy like salad then people are asking me why I eat that I am anyways quiet skinny. I usually eat what I feel like eating n it usually works. Once I had gained weight due to the fertility treatment people started telling me to watch what I eat because I gained quiet a bit. Yes gained about 6 kg but I was still in a healthy bmi with that gain.
    Other than that I am not a 6 meal eater 3 meals and one afternoon coffee n sweet to survive work on weekends usually 2 meals and no snack.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    thegeans wrote: »
    I was telling a friend how I was finally able to do a whole hour on the elliptical..."Oh, no that machine won't help you. Cycling is the only way."

LOL - I love the hate the elliptical gets. Using this enabled me to really drive the CO aspect while keeping my joints intact. I still turn to this every now and then - great cardio workout.

It's actually hard on my joints because of their shape. But that's abnormal. Butnit is a good workout for those who can do it.
  • FatAFNoMore
    FatAFNoMore Posts: 73 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

It's actually hard on my joints because of their shape. But that's abnormal.

I swear I thought it was just me. I can't do the elipical; it kills my knees when everyone says how great it is I'm just assuming I have the weirdest stride ever then.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I swear I thought it was just me. I can't do the elipical; it kills my knees when everyone says how great it is I'm just assuming I have the weirdest stride ever then.

I actually have femurs in the wrong shape. But it's possible you have an issue too.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »

I actually have femurs in the wrong shape. But it's possible you have an issue too.

Yeah I'm another one. I just blamed my legs being too short to properly get a stride going on that thing. We had to put a pillow on the back seat of our recumbent bike ( husband picked it out without me) for me to reach the pedals all the way without leaning so I figured it was just one more thing like that