Unwarranted Advice

Options

Replies

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    cmtigger wrote: »

It's actually hard on my joints because of their shape. But that's abnormal.

I swear I thought it was just me. I can't do the elipical; it kills my knees when everyone says how great it is I'm just assuming I have the weirdest stride ever then.

I actually have femurs in the wrong shape. But it's possible you have an issue too.

Yeah I'm another one. I just blamed my legs being too short to properly get a stride going on that thing. We had to put a pillow on the back seat of our recumbent bike ( husband picked it out without me) for me to reach the pedals all the way without leaning so I figured it was just one more thing like that

Yeah. Length is not an issue for me, but that could be an issue with an eliptical too.

I have pointed out to my mom that she has t-Rex arms and legs. Mine may be twisted, but they are long.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    enforce537 wrote: »
    My first post but I have to share this. My mother-in-law this week alone:
    -Ice water turns food directly to fat. Only hot drinks should be consumed.
    -Low carb and organic is the only way to lose weight.
    -Food made from wheat based flour will make you gain weight automatically because your body can't digest it.
    -You need to have a superfood shake every morning to jump start your metabolism. (No idea what is in this other than broccoli and hemp protein powder but it must be served warm).
    -Apple cider vinegar should be drank twice a day to flush toxins.
    -All sugar is the devil unless its organic maple syrup or honey. Then you can have as much as you want because its healthy.
    -Any oil other than extra virgin olive oil will make you gain weight but olive oil will make you lose it so put it in everything.
    I'm sure there's more but I've started to tune her out. The 20+ pounds I've lost so far doing CICO are going to come right back though because I'm not eating the right foods lol.

She sounds...um...challenging :) Does she follow all these rules herself?
  • SpirituallyBlonde
    Options
    When people try and tell me to just have another baby. - yeah no been there tried that went crazy, now i'm dealing with weight gain and depression.
    #*kitten*
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    I have a woman at work who has been obsessed over my weight loss... mostly because she has a few pounds to lose and hasn't been able to do it and because I have lost 70lbs so she is constantly giving me unwanted advice on how to "lose weight". She is constantly making comments about me eating fruit... You know it is HIGH IN SUGARS... ya, natural sugars and I am not diabetic so... (insert eye roll here) She has also made comments about the amount of water I drink during the day and any time I eat Tuna Fish, because "you know what they say about eating too much tuna fish" I don't claim to know much about anything, all I do know is that I have been able to lose weight and more importantly, my most recent blood test, show that I am spot on with my nutrients and show no deficiencies sooooooo... (insert tongue biting here) LOL :pB)

If you're eating tuna several times a week, I see where she is coming from (although I don't approve of her methods.)

Due to mercury contamination, the EPA recommends limiting tuna to a serving a week. Standard blood work doesn't test mercury levels, and this wouldn't be considered a deficiency.

https://www.fda.gov/downloads/Food/FoodborneIllnessContaminants/Metals/UCM537120.pdf
  • Mkneedtogetfit
    Mkneedtogetfit Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The most discouraging advice is "your bones are heavy as you have been fat since childhood. So forget about BMI. Just try to remain between 60 -65kg."
    I am 5 feet in height!!
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    "You don't need to diet, just start working out more." If I had to work off the amount of food I want to eat I'd have to move into the gym. No thank you.

My spouse says this all the freaking time. X(
  • enforce537
    enforce537 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    -Food made from wheat based flour will make you gain weight automatically because your body can't digest it.
    -You need to have a superfood shake every morning to jump start your metabolism. (No idea what is in this other than broccoli and hemp protein powder but it must be served warm).
    -All sugar is the devil unless its organic maple syrup or honey. Then you can have as much as you want because its healthy.
    -Any oil other than extra virgin olive oil will make you gain weight but olive oil will make you lose it so put it in everything.
    I'm sure there's more but I've started to tune her out. The 20+ pounds I've lost so far doing CICO are going to come right back though because I'm not eating the right foods lol.

Yes she does. Including the warm shakes. Yuck!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

Yes she does. Including the warm shakes. Yuck!

So much willpower to follow all but what really matters.