Minor rant

Options

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Some people do look better with a tiny bit of excess weight, but not 200lbs. No one looks better at 200lbs than they do your size!

There are PLENTY of men who look damn fine at 200lbs. :angry:

Men are different from women. 200 is a fine weight for men, not for women.
    Unless she's 6'-plus and very muscular.

Women don't look good "very muscular"
    Plus, women don't have the hormones to bulk up(like men). The 200lb gook looking men are very bulky.

Awesome body shaming there. :noway:

That's your opinion and it's rude.

You think women look good with 18 inch arms?

First muscular =/= 18" arms

but

If that's what they have worked hard to get then good for them. I'm not a fan of body shaming even if it isn't something I would aim for myself.

I am personally aiming for a more muscular look - lose the fat and then start building muscle. I'll never have 18" arms (nor would most women without roids) but I would like some decent muscle definition - something that is very hard to get apparently.

I'll hope when I achieve this feat you will stay out of my success thread. :angry:

Everyone wants a more muscular look. For me, well toned is not "very muscular", its just lean and toned?. Again, I think well toned women are sexy(and I'm jealous).

Actually no they don't - some women want to be soft and curvy - and that's ok too.

And it's nice you like one body type - my issue is with the body shaming of other body types.

Mind you - since you are hungry all the time, it's probably just that you're hangry and jealous that the "muscular" chick get to eat loads of food. :noway:
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    OP I don't think I've found another post that mirrors my own experience quite like this one!

There will always be people with something negative to say about how you look. I've had criticism when I was overweight, and just as frequently if not more now that I have lost the weight. Cheers for keeping your head up regardless, because at the end of the day it's how you feel that matters.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    Or my friend - 5"11 weight 190lbs in this pic

(oh and she lifts heavy)

47819967_1198.jpg

Yep - she looks AWFUL I bet with the extra 10lbs she's be hideous :noway:

edit: yes I have permission to post this here.
    and I think she is awesome btw.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Some people do look better with a tiny bit of excess weight, but not 200lbs. No one looks better at 200lbs than they do your size!

There are PLENTY of men who look damn fine at 200lbs. :angry:

Men are different from women. 200 is a fine weight for men, not for women.
    Unless she's 6'-plus and very muscular.

Women don't look good "very muscular"
    Plus, women don't have the hormones to bulk up(like men). The 200lb gook looking men are very bulky.

Awesome body shaming there. :noway:

That's your opinion and it's rude.

First muscular =/= 18" arms

but

If that's what they have worked hard to get then good for them. I'm not a fan of body shaming even if it isn't something I would aim for myself.

I am personally aiming for a more muscular look - lose the fat and then start building muscle. I'll never have 18" arms (nor would most women without roids) but I would like some decent muscle definition - something that is very hard to get apparently.

I'll hope when I achieve this feat you will stay out of my success thread. :angry:

Everyone wants a more muscular look. For me, well toned is not "very muscular", its just lean and toned?. Again, I think well toned women are sexy(and I'm jealous).

Actually no they don't - some women want to be soft and curvy - and that's ok too.

And it's nice you like one body type - my issue is with the body shaming of other body types.

Mind you - since you are hungry all the time, it's probably just that you're hangry and jealous that the "muscular" chick get to eat loads of food. :noway:

First, "very muscular" to me is when they use outside help to bulk up like men. Second, I don't like my body type. I gain weight too easily, it sucks. I am jealous of toned women, but I'm not angry. More like they are my motivation?
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Iron Feline, your friend is gorgeous.

My best friend is 6'3", 160 lbs with a *****in' hourglass figure. She has wide hips and tiny, tiny waist. Her body is pretty much the opposite of mine (I have no hips whatsoever). We are both fit in our own right, but look so very, very different from each other.

Her mom is built the exact same way. In fact she posted a picture on her FB of her mom at her age, and I swear I thought it was her! I didn't realize it was an old photo from the 70's.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

First, "very muscular" to me is when they use outside help to bulk up like men. Second, I don't like my body type. I gain weight too easily, it sucks. I am jealous of toned women, but I'm not angry. More like they are my motivation?

Still doesn't make it ok to body shame. :noway:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Have you ever met a 6'-plus tall woman? I'm betting not.

And I have known 200-pound, very good-looknig men who were not "very bulky."

actually, im 5 foot 10, and considered short in my family. my aunts are 6 foot PLUS. dont even ask about the men, one plays footbal for asu at 6 foot 7, and another for unlv at 6 foot 5... point? there are many tall woman over 6 foot tall, and believe it or not, 200 pounds doesnt look too bad on them...
    Um ... I wasn't talking to you?
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    OP I don't think I've found another post that mirrors my own experience quite like this one!

There will always be people with something negative to say about how you look. I've had criticism when I was overweight, and just as frequently if not more now that I have lost the weight. Cheers for keeping your head up regardless, because at the end of the day it's how you feel that matters.

It's really funny - nobody said a word when I was overweight and eating the wrong things, didn't move, and was generally unhealthy. Now that I'm fit, they come out of the woodwork.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

actually, im 5 foot 10, and considered short in my family. my aunts are 6 foot PLUS. dont even ask about the men, one plays footbal for asu at 6 foot 7, and another for unlv at 6 foot 5... point? there are many tall woman over 6 foot tall, and believe it or not, 200 pounds doesnt look too bad on them...

i dont really care who you were talking to. your posting on a public message board, so deal with it.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

i dont really care who you were talking to. your posting on a public message board, so deal with it.

Er her point was the same as yours, that plenty of 6ft 200lb people look ace. :flowerforyou:

I think crossed wires maybe

Only one person is body shaming on this thread. Lets directed our annoyance at her :laugh:
  • rml_16
    Options

Yes, but I specifically stated to the woman insisting that a 200-pound woman at more than 6' would look awful and I said TO HER that she probably has never seen a woman that tall, then (my point, BTW) and you answered to tell me that you have seen women that tall and they look good at 200 pounds as though I was accusing you of never having seen a woman that tall and as if *I* were the one saying they didn't look good.

So your response was 1. Weird and 2. Uncalled for.

But, hey, reply to whatever you want whatever way you want. It makes no sense, but that's your business.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options

Still doesn't make it ok to body shame. :noway:

I'm not a fan of the female body builder look either, but if somebody like that posted about themselves in a success thread, I would never tell them they were wrong or I didn't like the way they looked. I have seen that happen on MFP, and feel the same way - it's body shaming.

I would be concerned if they were using steroids or artificial enhancers for health reasons, but would never go as far to say that they looked bad.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

It's really funny - nobody said a word when I was overweight and eating the wrong things, didn't move, and was generally unhealthy. Now that I'm fit, they come out of the woodwork.

Were you posting people's comments on your photos on Internet message boards?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

OMG, she was agreeing with you.

She replied to a different post and you took it out of context. That's what she meant by "she's not talking to you".
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options

Yes, but I specifically stated to the woman insisting that a 200-pound woman at more than 6' would look awful and I said TO HER that she probably has never seen a woman that tall, then (my point, BTW) and you answered to tell me that you have seen women that tall and they look good at 200 pounds as though I was accusing you of never having seen a woman that tall and as if *I* were the one saying they didn't look good.

So your response was 1. Weird and 2. Uncalled for.

But, hey, reply to whatever you want whatever way you want. It makes no sense, but that's your business.

am i supposed to gaf if you want my reply? did i imply that at some point? thanks for your "permission", but its not needed :)
  • rml_16
    Options
    am i supposed to gaf if you want my reply? did i imply that at some point? thanks for your "permission", but its not needed :)

OMG. Please keep posting. You're cracking me up.

Why so angry?
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Holy crap.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Why so angry?

Best part is you are both trying to make the same point.....
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options

Why so angry?

yes, i was trying to make the same point... thats why her comment made no sense, but, whatever...
  • rml_16
    Options

Why so angry?

I know! That's what's so funny. She's trying to argue with me.

It's like:

Me -- "The sky is blue."

Her -- "It is NOT! It's BLUE!"
This discussion has been closed.