Minor rant

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm done arguing about my own body.

This is so silly it's ridiculous.

Back to your off topic response, I don't consider Jillian Michaels to be pure cardio. It's closest to HIIT training with a combination of cardio and strength.

I consider pure cardio to be on a treadmill or elliptical for a half hour.
    That's boring, and I won't go back to that.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the vibe I'm getting is that it would make a few folks happier if I quit exercising completely and went back to getting McDonalds every day for lunch. It would obviously make them feel more comfortable with themselves.

To answer your otherquestion, I was doing 5x a week as of about six months ago, but recently cut it back to 4, and now I'm at 3.8x if you want to get really granular (which by your last post, you obviously do).

I was also perusing the success threads, and saw another girl who got down a BMI similar to mine get ripped to shreds. I guess that's par for the course here, so it's to be expected.

And yes, to answer your last question, it is fun being skinny.

Shred away.

Yes. Everyone wants you to eat McDonald's. clearly that's what's going on.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Ate there today in fact. Had a SW grilled chicken salad.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    18.5 bmi is not anorexic, it's perfectly healthy. My bmi is around 18.5, and I for sure don't look too thin.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    No, but it sure does make other people uncomfortable.
  • feedee33
    feedee33 Posts: 1
    Options

I actually read this the other way....

I read it like this:

Girl: Can I see an old picture of you?

OP: I hate old pictures of me, I look awful.

Girl: Oh wow, you look beautiful, maybe even more beautiful than now.

OP: Ouch that hurt...

I guess what I'm saying is, maybe she saw something in you that you don't see, maybe she saw something that to her didn't justify you being so hard on the old you....that being said she probably worded it badly to make it sound like you are prettier than...you are very pretty now.

I would just say "Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. I love how fit and attractive I am now. But I do appreciate you saying that."

that's all...compliments that we give always have a bit of us in them....maybe she wonders or feels that she looked better with a few more pounds on her....who knows..

THIS.
    Overweight or fit, anyone and everyone is beautiful. Be proud of the new version of you, but don't hate the old.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options

I actually read this the other way....

I read it like this:

Girl: Can I see an old picture of you?

OP: I hate old pictures of me, I look awful.

Girl: Oh wow, you look beautiful, maybe even more beautiful than now.

OP: Ouch that hurt...

I guess what I'm saying is, maybe she saw something in you that you don't see, maybe she saw something that to her didn't justify you being so hard on the old you....that being said she probably worded it badly to make it sound like you are prettier than...you are very pretty now.

I would just say "Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. I love how fit and attractive I am now. But I do appreciate you saying that."

that's all...compliments that we give always have a bit of us in them....maybe she wonders or feels that she looked better with a few more pounds on her....who knows..

THIS.
    Overweight or fit, anyone and everyone is beautiful. Be proud of the new version of you, but don't hate the old.

Thanks for that. I was just thinking I need to log out of MFP for awhile to add some positivity back into my day. :flowerforyou:
  • nobleammonite
    nobleammonite Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Man, the comments here, especially about the ribcage, make me sad. :( Everyone has different body types! Even when I was at my highest weight (150ish), I could see my ribcage if I stood up straight. It's just how I'm built. I have a narrow waist relative to my ribcage, and I don't carry a ton of weight in my torso, just my extremities lol. I remember looking in a mirror as a teenager and wishing my ribcage was smaller because it stuck out so much. (I wasn't thin as a teenager; I'm the smallest I've ever been right now.) I imagine my ribs will be fairly visible when I reach my goal (105ish - I'm 4'11"), but since there's still plenty of fat on me in other places, I'm not going to stop before I'm there.

OP, I think you look awesometastic. 18.5 BMI is great! I've seen your posts around and you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. :) Rock on!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think ANYBODY looks good with excess fat on them, and I am not an exception.
    No comment. :flowerforyou:
    She herself is a very fit person, eats right and exercises, so I know this didn't stem from jealosy
    :laugh: That's quite an assumption.

Anyway, yeah she was out of line. There's no way someone can tell someone that their most recent self is less attractive than their previous self, and it not come across as an insult. I'm surprised she was as self-important enough to try to rally people to agree with her.

Then again, from your 2 quotes above, you seem like two peas in a pod.

ETA: Just read the entire thread. Yeah, you have major issues and your current weight is not one of them. I wish you well on your maintenance.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    CoderGal, that is quite freaky. Now I know why people set it so that their previous posts don't show up for everyone to see. Time passes, people change, and some people do consider JM workouts to be strength training. I think they go too fast for that and consider it cardio but whatever, people can lift heavier faster than me then.
    OP, I['m sorry that people are picking on you so much. Your doctor says you are healthy so who cares what MFP thinks.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    No kidding. Freaky isn't the word for it.

I've been on this board two years, and you are right Sapporo - I live and learn on what works for me. I have cut back on my workouts as of the past two months as I felt my body fat was dropping a bit lower than what I liked. I still want to maintain the muscle mass that I do have, so I continue with what I was previously doing; just not in the quantity of which I was doing them.

But I'm really glad Codergal keeps track of it.

I sleep better.
  • RingTailedFox
    RingTailedFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oh, honey. I know how much it hurts to have people criticize your body. It doesn't matter if you're big, medium or little... it still hurts.

Stay strong and flip them the bird as you head to the gym!
  • Achrya
    Options
    CoderGal, that is quite freaky. Now I know why people set it so that their previous posts don't show up for everyone to see. Time passes, people change, and some people do consider JM workouts to be strength training. I think they go too fast for that and consider it cardio but whatever, people can lift heavier faster than me then.
    OP, I['m sorry that people are picking on you so much. Your doctor says you are healthy so who cares what MFP thinks.

It's so freaky that when you say things in one post people dare to remember those things and expect you to be accountable to that crap you say at a later date. Clearly each post is a self contained world and what you say in one should never be referencreferenced again. Shame on you Coder. Shame.

OP is mad someone dared to tell her what she really thought and that she's subject to the same body judgement she dishes out. Whaa whaa, tell us more about how no one looks good with excess fat.
  • mkzara
    mkzara Posts: 73 Member
    Options

It's so freaky that when you say things in one post people dare to remember those things and expect you to be accountable to that crap you say at a later date. Clearly each post is a self contained world and what you say in one should never be referencreferenced again. Shame on you Coder. Shame.

OP is mad someone dared to tell her what she really thought and that she's subject to the same body judgement she dishes out. Whaa whaa, tell us more about how no one looks good with excess fat.

The OP has not judged anyone's body.

She stated that she thought fat didn't look good on her or other people. She didn't go on people's responses and say wow your second chin looks awful or you need to work on that pudge fatty.

She actually shared an opinion. People then choose to make very specific, very personal and very negative comments about her. It's the Internet so I expect peope to act like jerks, but they are still responsible for being jerks.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    And this is why we have Blogs & Threads
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Whatta busybody. She had to make a big deal and ask the whole office and make you feel awkward. What I hate about cube farms.
    Eta: OP there's nothing wrong with your post. If you feel good, you're good. Don't let people put you on blast at work.
  • Achrya
    Options

She stated that she thought fat didn't look good on her or other people. She didn't go on people's responses and say wow your second chin looks awful or you need to work on that pudge fatty.

She actually shared an opinion. People then choose to make very specific, very personal and very negative comments about her. It's the Internet so I expect peope to act like jerks, but they are still responsible for being jerks.

So when the OP says something it's an opinion but other people's comments aren't opinions. ...does that make them facts?

OP said some stuff before, and in this post, and is being held accountable. But that's wrong! And everyone else is saying mean things and should be held responsible for that! Because that's right!

• princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Some people do look better with a tiny bit of excess weight, but not 200lbs. No one looks better at 200lbs than they do your size!
    She may have thought it would help you in some way? Like if she thought you are still trying so hard to be beautiful but letting you know you would be fine if you gave yourself a break?
    Only way to know for sure is to ask her what she meant, its scary to do that conversation but will clear everything up and it was probably just a throwaway comment or a misunderstanding that none of us have figured out yet?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

So the op is not the person that stated on another thread that anyone at 5'6 who was over 130lbs was fat?

Because she was.

Karma does like to bite us in the *kitten*.

BTW op - JM is NOT heavy lifting, please stop saying you lift heavy, you don't. :noway:

homer-bush.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

She does have a tendency to misbehave in the forums. I'm guessing a lot of people are reacting to her prior actions more than the ones in this thread.

She isn't always very nice. But then, I'm not always very nice, either. Just in a different way.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to say without meeting her why she would make that comment. But what I have found in my weight journey is that you should find where you are happy with yourself, and take anything that anyone else says with a grain of salt. For too long I let other people's perceptions of me control my thinking about myself, and this is something that I am really trying to work on. So my .02--the only opinion that should truly matter is your own.
This discussion has been closed.