Elkmont Hound Dog Half (rescheduled) - 2/18 << 1:41:04 1 in AG & 24 OA
    Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/29 << 4:09:59

Upcoming races:
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon - 4/7/18
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    6.2 km Shorty - Slug fest. -14C plus a light SW Wind = Frigging Cold. Last Saturday +14C Short Sleeves and shorts. This week getting used to winter clothing requirements for differant Temps.

Right Hip starting barking at km 3. By km 6 it was howling mad. Not sure why it started to bark at me, either tweaked in Swim club or climbing up ladders at home and work. Turned off and short cut back to TIM's for a brew and waited for the rest of the Motley Crew to come in. 4 different groups depending on speed/distance combination that people were working on.

11/04 6.2 km – 143.8 km - MTD 006.2 km – YTD 1207.67

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    happy birthday @katharmonic
  • bjderhak
    bjderhak Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Seeing you guys post your runs with weather stats scares me! lol it has finally cooled down a bit in the mornings (around 65) makes for a nice run. Seeing actual winter temps from around the country makes me want to huddle under a giant blanket!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp sorry the ankle gave you a problem today. I hope it was a one time thing. Very true that getting old is not for sissies.
    @eponine1984 what a doll!

So I guess my shortened run was God’s way of saying I needed to be home. Skip called me and if I ran what I planned I wouldn’t have been home. She was in a car accident, she’s having quite the rough week. She’s fine, she was actually driving in a parking lot and an elderly woman t-boned her in her front wheel. The woman was in oxygen and couldn’t even get out of the car, not sure why she was driving or if she should be, especially when she said she “never say her until I hit her”. She hit hard enough to push Skip’s SUV, it had to be towed because she broke tie rods or something in the tire was tilted in. A few months back I replaced everything in the front end so here we go again. Because it was on private property and technically no right of way in the parking lot the officer that came said he couldn’t place blame and my insurance would have to pay – though he wrote the accident report putting the blame on the lady. Awesome like I don’t pay enough for insurance I can’t wait for them to raise my rates. I had it towed to my guy and I’ll see what it costs to fix it before I decide if I’ll get insurance involved. I told her I would probably only get it mechanically able to drive and the dent in the fender, which isn’t horrible may need to stay there. She’s so upset, always something.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 congrats on your big improvement and cute kiddo! :smiley:

@skippygirlsmom The other drive should still be faulted and her insurance should pay. Your insurance company will call her insurance company and work that out. At least that is my, probably flawed, understanding. You have the police report saying it is her fault, he just can not issue her a ticket.

• bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    11/01 - Sick Day
    11/02 - Sick Day
    11/03 - Sick Day
    11/04 - 13.0 miles

13/126 miles

My plan for today was to try to mimic race day for half marathon on Dec. 2. This is the longest run in the training plan, so last night I prepared - picked out outfit, singlet, socks and running gear. I had everything prepped.

Woke up for the run this morning and got ready. I remembered as a was putting on running belt, that I needed GU for today's run. Went to the cabinet and realized I had forgotten to go to local running store this week to purchase more. One pack on hand and I had one in my purse. Made the decision that I would start run without and take one packet at 4 miles and the other between 8 and 9 miles.

This run would be done on my street bacause husband was taking daughter shopping for her birthday. He likes for me to stay close to the house when he is not home and other children are at home in case of emergency. Take overprotectness to the extreme and go further and meet my husband.

Did I mentioned we live on a single street cul de sac road? Total of 0.45 miles.

Started the run with heavy fog. Everything was going great until about 5.5 miles when my phone told me low battery warning. This was strange because when I left my house it was 100% charged and I can usually run until about mile 8 before I get this warning. I stopped at the house for bathroom break and to pick up battery charger.

Last week on my 12 miler, I never got a low battery warning on my phone, but plugged in the external battery charger at mile 8 because I know this is usually when I get warning. While at the house, I grabbed my husband's cord to plug in battery charger to phone because mine was in the car. I was thinking at the time this might be a mistake because I have only used my charger. Also, I had to walk back out past the car and I could have easily picked it up, but I was in a hurry.

Keep going on my run and made another stop at home at mile 8. Daughter and husband have not left yet, so I took an extra couple of minutes to try to hurry them along. Take a GU at this point a and started to prepare myself mentally for the next 5 miles.

At mile 9.65 I hear my music die in the middle of a song. I look down and the phone screen is black and the phone is not charging. I am near my house, so I make a stop. The phone is not charging! I thought I would lose the run in the app. I immediately plug my phone into a wall charger and by some miracle the run is still there. I pause the workout and try to take a break and see if my phone will charge.

I knew I still had to do the 3.35 miles, so I did not take off my shoes! I would not ha e gone back out to complete the run.

45 minutes later my phone is only at 5%. So I grab the charging cord from my car and plug it into the external battery and it is charging! Out to complete the run! By this s time, fog has worn off, sun is out and temperatures are approaching close to 80 F.

The last three miles were a hard. My legs felt like cooked spaghetti noodles trying to do a long run after being sick for 3 days.
    I had to stop at 11.75 miles at the house for water and then it was so hot outside that I walked the last mile.

This long run will go down as the run where everything that could go wrong did go wrong! My mile times are off because of the 45 minute break!

It is done and over with and next long run will be a 11 miler.

@skippygirlsmom - Sorry to hear about her last cross country meet. Hope she has recovered!
    @katharmonic - Happy Birthday and love the swan picture!
  • kidrauhldrew
    kidrauhldrew Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic kind of late, but happy birthday!! :) i hope you enjoyed your day
  • PastorVincent
    edited November 2017
    Options
    11/01 - Sick, forced rest day
    11/02 - 9 miles
    11/03 - 10 miles
    11/04 - 12 Miles @ 9:16

Big Hary Audacious Goal: Sub 4 hours in Pittsburgh 2018!

Official Marathon PR: 4:11:28

Next Races (more as I find them):

Thanksgiving morning - Turkey Trot - Double Gobbler! (5K + 5 miles)
    12/02/17 - Santa 5k
    05/06/18 - Pittsburgh Marathon - aiming for sub four hours.
    05/12/18 - Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Ultra (or maybe 30K Still debating)

12 miles in 1:51 is on target for sub 4 marathon! It would be close, but getting there. Do not even feel that drained. Definitely could have done a 1:50 1/2 today. Soon will come the fat months though so still have my work cut out for me.

I guess my next goal will be to hit 15 miles in 2:12. Might try that tomorrow.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    bride001 wrote: »
    Forgot to post, but this is what my daughter wanted for her birthday and what my dear husband took her shopping for this morning:

Picture not that great but we have a guinea pig.

Guinea pig??? Looks like a skunk in your picture :lol:
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @PastorVincent the cop said because it was on private property my insurance would have to cover it and not hers. I'm going to wait to see how much it cost first to fix it before I make the decision to involve insurance. I pay so much already with a 17 year old on the policy and with a $500 deductible it might not be worth getting them involved. I do plan to give a call to insurance that says "what if I had an accident" and see what they say
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent the cop said because it was on private property my insurance would have to cover it and not hers. I'm going to wait to see how much it cost first to fix it before I make the decision to involve insurance. I pay so much already with a 17 year old on the policy and with a $500 deductible it might not be worth getting them involved. I do plan to give a call to insurance that says "what if I had an accident" and see what they say

Worth a shot. My son is 14 so I will be facing that soon... and boys are more accident prone than girls from what I am told. Yay me!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Today's 42.2 brought to you by the number -23, because that's what the temp was for the majority of my run today :D .

So -23... that is NEGATIVE 10F !?!? Okay, that is cold. Major respect for weathering that!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    After the calf and the hip pains from the last few weeks, I took a look at my shoes and realized it was time for new ones. I have never worn out shoes before, but it explains the sudden aches and pains. I ordered the same shoes I have now online and paid for next day shipping. I know the Asics Nimbus will serve me well. Maybe next time I can deal with my running store anxiety.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much all of you for the birthday wishes! Much appreciated. I had a great day topped off with stuffing myself with margaritas and all the chips and salsa.

Not at all jealous of the snow/cold pictures already. I way overdressed for 34 F this morning. I am just not ready to be cold yet.

• PastorVincent
    Options
    Today's 42.2 brought to you by the number -23, because that's what the temp was for the majority of my run today :D .

So -23... that is NEGATIVE 10F !?!? Okay, that is cold. Major respect for weathering that!

Haha thanks! The part of the province we are in sees -30 to -40 for the majority of the winter. Bring the pain Canada :D

When my parents were bankrolling me (way too long ago) I used to ski all winter. I was on the slopes in Vermont and got mad because it was -60F in the lower trails, and they would not let me go to the top. I did ski every trail they had open. Was fine during the downhill and XC... but the chairlift up was umm, let's go with "a bit chilly."

I am a bit (read "MUCH") older now and have to pay my own bills (bah!) so still working out my bottom temp for running. Running be easier cause you do not have to stop and sit in the open wind for the chair ride up I guess - but I was sooo much younger too.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @PastorVincent yeah it's no fun, I just hate she is so upset. Hey I won't lie I don't have the money for this, but I certainly will not let her know it's an issue. She feels so bad and just keeps saying she is sorry and that she loves her baby.

@katharmonic for me the weather needs to decide what it is doing if it's going to be 30 it needs to stay that way, not 3 days of 30 and then back to 65 in the morning. I can't get used to the 30 if it keeps going up and down.