November 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom sorry skips been through so much lately. :/

@_nikkiwolf_ yeah, that many shirts? Normal.

@bride001 call me biased but Guinea Pigs are great pets. They say you should let them get used to you being around and gently encourage them to approach you before picking them up. Yeah right. Ours lasted about a day before they get picked up and smothered in kisses.

This is the pair of piggies we got recently -

vxz972i7f5sp.jpeg

I love Guinea Pigs too but am holding out for a gerbil. I have wanted one since the fifth grade...the first time I saw one. It was a classroom pet...when things got boring in class, I could always hear the little guy exercising on the wheel.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    My first run for the month may not be until Wednesday....a really late start for a November challenge. My first opportunity was yesterday, but lots of storms, and tornado watch for most of the state of Indiana. I changed my plans to go to the gym and "treadmill" it, but then the rain really picked up. My husband asked me to stay home. Errrr! He is always so sensible.... Running is a real stress reliever...not sure how I am going to destress before work.
  • LC0924
    LC0924 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Kudos to all who are kicking butt this month and well wishes to all who are on the injured list! I am way behind and have been catching up this morning but there are lots of you to tag. Extra kudos to those of you braving ridiculous cold... (insert snowman emoji here).

11/1 - rest
    11/2 - strength training, 15 min run
    11/3 - rest
    11/4 - strength training
    11/5 - 15 min run
    11/6 - strength training

Happy Monday! Or something... ;)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »

@skippygirlsmom - I had my very first accident in my daughters brand new car of 1 week. It was in stop and go traffic and we were only going 10 mph but the way we hit did so much damage. Because the car was a new model we couldn’t get the parts for over 4 months and it took 6 to get it back. She cried and cried and told me ‘I ruined her car’! We laugh about it now but she still gives me grief about it!

OMG @shanaber that is terrible. I stopped at the mechanic this morning and they will try to look at it today to get me an estimate. If the woman would have seen her and tried to stop I'm sure things wouldn't be so bad, but she said she never saw her until she hit her.

I saw this on a shirt at an event once.

Race Shirts I own >100
    Race Shirts I wear 6
    Race Shirts I will Give away 0

@juliet3455 that sounds about right ha ha
    @mobycarp Skip has started a box of shirts she wants turned into a quilt. Each race this year we have purchased shirts if they were for sale so she can take the quilt to college.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    11/1 - 8 miles
    11/2 - 0 miles
    11/3 - 0 miles
    11/4 - 3 miles of horrible
    11/5 – 10 miles of awesome
    11/6 – 0 miles

21 of 100 miles

Yipes this month isn’t starting off too good. I got up this morning and I’m in the bathroom and I thought I heard thunder. I looked out the window and my neighbor was out there doing heaven knows what and I thought it was her. So I get dressed, walk out and it’s thunder okay then. So I wait a minute and no lightening so I start up the street, more thunder and now lightening….I stand there for a few minutes, nothing, I start again big lightening. Okay back home I go. I was in the house 2 minutes when the sky fell in with a thunderstorm.

I have a million things to do tonight to get ready for the XC banquet so I’m not sure I’ll get out before tomorrow.

@Ryokat I had to laugh at your cat story. It’s the suddenness of stuff coming at me that scares me the most.

Talk about leaders being fast, I always like to preview the course, whether run/walk/drive it. So I had a friend with me and I was driving a course and he said “why do you do this it’s not like you’ll be first and need to know where to go” I said “no I’m afraid everyone will be so far in front of me I’ll have no one to follow and get lost” ha ha

@ereck44 The fact the woman literally never even shut off her car had me thinking she shouldn’t be driving. She asked Skip to take pictures of her car on Skip’s phone to show her. It was really weird Skip said. She never said a word to me at all. Believe it or not we just replaced the tie rod and other front end parts on that side of car back in March. I said to the mechanic this morning, find me some kind of a discount. I can sue her insurance company to pay, but since there are no real right of ways in a parking lot on private property there isn’t really an “at fault” person expect in a few instances. I hate parking lots, everyone seems to think they have a right of way. I think if Skip was a more experienced driver her common sense would have outweighed her “I have the right of way” and she would have stopped even if she didn’t actually have to by law.

@ddmom0811 how did Denise do?

@WandaVaughn I know you did great in your HM but you have been quiet, are you okay?
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    ereck44 wrote: »

I love Guinea Pigs too but am holding out for a gerbil. I have wanted one since the fifth grade...the first time I saw one. It was a classroom pet...when things got boring in class, I could always hear the little guy exercising on the wheel.

I had gerbils when I was a kid. Loads of them......they tend to multiply when you're not looking. Very cute, and very friendly. Also crepuscular, so you actually get to interact with them, unlike hamsters, which to my mind are bite-y things with unnatural lack of tails......

I wanted to get rats, having never had a guinea pig (this pair are my second guinea pig experience, our first died earlier this year aged 5ish), but my housemate wanted a guinea pig. This time I insisted on a pair as they are social animals, although they are not sisters (lets just say I spent more time than is good for either of us looking at pictures of genitals and checking the pigs to be sure..... :D )

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    11/1 - Started month with unplanned rest day. Damn I hate colds!
    11/2 - 5 miles on a perfect morning to run (43° F and little wind)
    11/3 - Unplanned rest day...can't shake this stupid virus!
    11/4 - 5.1 miles.
    11/5 - Planned rest day / church, etc.
    11/6 - 5.1 miles. A bit chilly for November...wind chill was 19° F.

exercise.png
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @Pastorvincent- Regarding fast people and out and backs: My husband ran the 5K on marathon weekend in Boston this past year. The winner, Ben True, set an American record of 13:20. With over 10, 000 runners in the race, he crossed the finish line before my husband crossed the start. It was a fun race to spectate.

Hah! Wow. :) Talk about no pressure to try and win that one! :lol:

• Ericsmi
    Ericsmi Posts: 128 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm in for 45 miles.
    11/6 3.46 Mi 3.46 Mi Total - Finally got out there after fighting a chest cold for the past week.
  • LC0924
    LC0924 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 that is one useful kitty!

@fitoverfortymom your post was so positive and excited that I want to skip out on work and go run right now. Way to go!
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Nov. 6 - 4.5km Note to self... Check weather report before leaving the house... Started out as a cool drizzle, perfectly acceptable tee shirt and shorts weather... turned into snow half way through and dropped a couple degrees. Brrr
    MTD - 15.8km/80km
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    LC0924 wrote: »

She's caught twice her weight in rats. Best babe-its nuggums ever, if you don't mind post rat "play" snuggles... I just gotta keep her wormed :wink: and maybe baby wiped... :relaxed:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I racked up enough gift cards for my birthday that I was able to order the Garmin Vivoactive 3 this morning to replace my dead Samsung Gear Fit 2. I gave Samsung every opportunity to be good stewards of their products, and they failed on every account. Not only will I not purchase any more Samsung products, I get the pleasure of telling my wide circle of running and technology friends to stay far away.

New shoes. New watch. New attitude.

There was a time when I liked Samsung products. I would have happily suggested them... but over the past few years, I have not been impressed with the news about exploding washing machines and so on. Yours is just one more story in that lineup. Wonder what happened over there?

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    11/6 - Rest day. I'm so excited to have earned a rest day vs just it being a skipped day :p I ran 9 miles in 3 days which is almost half of what I ran all last month. LOL I started in September with 1 mile, worked up to mostly 2 milers, and now I decided on only 3 milers for November. Don't want to overdo it so I'm not sure when I'll try a 4 mile (or 3.5).......

@shanaber I haven't specifically used "toes pose" for PF but I have stretched my feet like that without knowing a name for it :) I get a flare up of the PF every time I wear flat shoes so I've generally avoided wearing them for every day shoes. But I have several pair of lower drop running shoes I want to wear and I think I can work my way through it gradually. Maybe if I get used to it I won't get the PF when I try to wear flat shoes. Ha.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    LC0924 wrote: »

She's caught twice her weight in rats. Best babe-its nuggums ever, if you don't mind post rat "play" snuggles... I just gotta keep her wormed :wink: and maybe baby wiped... :relaxed:

I used to have a black and white kitty who was an excellent mouser! She brought us gifts and was an excellent hunter!