December 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @pastorvincent Congrats on the PR! Congrats also to your wife and son!

Thanks!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    12/1 - 0 miles
    12/2 - 5 miles
    12/3 - 0 miles

5 of 100 miles

I didn’t log into the thread yesterday so I’m catching up.

@PastorVincent nice gear for the race, I even like the bib. Great time! Congrats to your wife and son also.
    @HonuNui I can completely understand your wish for a 2 year do over. Hugs. Yipes on the rain
    @cburke8909 my new car has a remote start, I love it. Usually my car lives in the garage but that is still full of my mother’s things that I’m still trying to organize.
    @katharmonic that sounds like a great time. I noticed right away you changed your picture
    @rheddmobile ugh! I hate when people are not honest about their time or plan, even worse they take up the whole width of the course. I’ve been known to do an excuse me and I push them aside. What an honor to run through the hospital and high five the kids. How emotional that would be. Fantastic AG finish.
    Super race @hjeppley
    @BruinsGal_91 I’m very sorry about your Mum. I lost my Mom last year, to me a lost I’ll never get over.
    @_nikkiwolf_ how beautiful
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 Go for the half! You've got plenty of time to train. Hal Higdon's Novice 1 plan calls for a base of 10-12 miles a week at the start of training.

@PastorVincent congrats!

@rheddmobile great race!
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    @sarahthes - The Edmonton ice story reminds me of the year I was in 7th grade in Lincoln, Nebraska. We had ice all winter long, and I walked a mile and a half to and from school. I started out falling down a lot, but by the end of the winter I was pretty sure-footed on ice; that trait has lasted till now, and no doubt helped me learn to run on ice at age 57 or so.

See I grew up just outside Vancouver, BC so we practically never even had snow, let alone ice. I've noticed I'm getting more sure-footed the more I go out, though. Today the worst spot was right in front of my neighbour's place. Guess they haven't taken advantage of the sand the condo board put out.

@hjeppley great job!

@BruinsGal_91 I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your mother. I'm sure she was watching over you with pride during your race.

@SusanDSME Awesome running with your family. My 5.5 year old is begging to race with me so I'm planning to sign him up for a 1K fun run alongside one of my planned upcoming races.
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @hjeppley How is 10 mi a fun run? That doesn't sound like fun, that sounds serious!
    @sarahthes That sounds great! In my case, I'm hoping to eventually be able to keep up with my 11-year-old cross-country runner. He's what got me into this!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    SusanDSME wrote: »
    @hjeppley How is 10 mi a fun run? That doesn't sound like fun, that sounds serious!

It's all a matter of context- 10 miles of trail can be fun+ if it's high level tech and you're used to the distance. I find basically anything under 50k can be classified as a fun run if the tech is good enough to entertain (lousy trails needs not apply :D )
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    SusanDSME wrote: »

It's just like what @JessicaMcB said, it's a matter of perspective. Even though my 9.6 miles today was a "training run" it was definitely fun. Trail is amazing..... Even my October race was fun, and that was a bit longer than 10 miles
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic - time for me to change my picture with a hat like yours! :smile:

For doing a running streak, I sure don't have many miles! 3.5, lol.
    But that's because of the busy end of November and then the weekend of cycling. Should be getting some miles in this weekend. And... I'm traveling in December so will be running and not cycling. Can't wait to get some miles in!

12/1 - 1.5 miles #RWRunStreakDay9
    12/2 - 43 miles cycling + 1 mile #RWRunStreakDay10
    12/3 - 40 miles cycling + 1 mile #RWRunStreakDay11

Daytona Beach HM - 2/4/19

exercise.png

• cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @BruinsGal_91 sorry about your mom
    @PastorVincent awesome race!!!
    Rest day for me. Hoping to build base in December and start working on my 5k and 10k times. Stupid calf has me worried and I know I need to be patient.
  • Luxyp
    Luxyp Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Rest day
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent awesome race!!!
    sarahthes wrote: »
    @PastorVincent congrats!
    @PastorVincent nice gear for the race, I even like the bib. Great time! Congrats to your wife and son also.

Thanks!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Got bored waiting for the laundry to be done in the dryer :D

December 1- 18
    December 2- 52
    December 3- 20+8

98/626km

2018 Races
    *Gord's Frozen A** 50K, February 19
    *JAJA Trail Marathon, April 1
    *Red Deer Marathon, May 20
    ???Lone Wolf Last Man Standing Race, June 17
    *Cactus Coulee Crawl 30km, TBA June
    *Eddie's Half Marathon, TBA June
    *Run in the Buff 120km TBA August
    *Lost Souls 100 Mile September 7
    ???Lewiston Trail Ultra September 29
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just missed my stretch goal of 50kms last month so I'm in for 50kms this month!

12/02 - 3.8kms
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I haven't run since my Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning, and today I did a 5k jingle bell run. Not my greatest time by a long way. I was jet-lagged, a bit out of condition and an emotional wreck, but I made it. The reason is that my mum passed away a couple of weeks ago and I've been back in the UK to spend time with my dad and sister. I flew home yesterday, and this race was for my mum. I'm going to miss her so very very much.

I am so sorry about your mum. I lost mine in 2012. It's rough...