December 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

Didn't mean to come across as saying your race wasn't serious by the way, it sounds awesome! I just love to party on trail, how can people not have fun out there?! :D

No offense taken. It was super fun despite being at the appropriate level for me right now. :smile:

Thanks for the advice @JessicaMcB and @MNLittleFinn! It makes it sound doable. I was a pacer for the second half of a friend's first 50 miler, and he was pretty destroyed for awhile after it, but I hope to be ready by fall! Next race is a night trail half marathon in January (with a few 5K's with the 9 year old in between).
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    12/1 - Les Mills Body Pump / CX Works
    12/2 - 12
    12/3 - REST
    12/4 - 4

16/80

5 more miles to run before some rest days and then the HM on Saturday! The 12 miler on Saturday was tough, and then I realized the first half was a steady downhill and the last half was a steady uphill. Far less incline for the HM. I got this!

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    hjeppley wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

Didn't mean to come across as saying your race wasn't serious by the way, it sounds awesome! I just love to party on trail, how can people not have fun out there?! :D

No offense taken. It was super fun despite being at the appropriate level for me right now. :smile:

Thanks for the advice @JessicaMcB and @MNLittleFinn! It makes it sound doable. I was a pacer for the second half of a friend's first 50 miler, and he was pretty destroyed for awhile after it, but I hope to be ready by fall! Next race is a night trail half marathon in January (with a few 5K's with the 9 year old in between).

you can do this! So, I totally must have missed it, what race are you going to be doing? If you need any advice on anything I'd be happy to help how I can (great, with that comment, I guess I can't call myself a newbe anymore)
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in purchasing a RoadID here is a $10 off when you spend $20 code. Coupon Code: U97V8695KW it expires on the 5th.

Since I miss @elise4270 asking her end of the month questions, I thought I'd throw this one out. What's on your Christmas or Hanukkah wish list? Doesn't need to be running related.

Ok. so my super geekness is coming out with this question...I want a 1 day pass to LeakyCon (Harry Potter convention) that will be in Dallas this year.

@seanevan10 I just looked up LeakyCon... how did I not know about this!!!! #teamhufflepuff

Adult onset runner here as well. I started running last year at age 40. A coworker invited to me run with her running group after finishing C25K and running a 5k. Half of them are more than half way done with the run a marathon in every state thing. They convinced me to run a 10K, half, another half, marathon.... they are a bunch of crazy run pushers. ;)

@amymoreorless come on up and we'll go together. Also #teamhufflepuff
  • bossymom15
    bossymom15 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    So thought I would try this to keep me motivated. It's hard here in the plains, get off work at 5 and it's dark by 5:30. I'll have to add in some walking at lunches. to make it.

32 miles.
    Bossymom15

12/2 - 4.5 miles
  • seanevan10
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @seanevan10 RE: LeakyCon My youngest son has a the death eater symbol on tattooed on his forearm. I'm definitely going to keep the dates open!

ETA oh man, I see it's already sold out!

So, just saying, my husband had better have taken the dang direct comment (not hint) and got it for me. :-)
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB I would have needed to change my pants...
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    12/4 9.01 miles
    Higher winds today, signaling the change in weather coming tonight/tomorrow. That super moon was a beauty, loved running to the light of it.
  • seanevan10
    Options
    I finally got a little (well needed more than a little) time to catch up on the 13 pages of reading. LOL..
    @PastorVincent Great times for you and the fam! That is awesome.
    @NikolaosKey Hips/glutes. I have this issue from standing on the non-broken leg side of my body for almost a year. Anyway, rolling and lots of hip stretches and squats are really helping. Hope it feels better soon.
    @rheddmobile great race and great job on the weight loss! You'll be even better next time!
    @HonuNui That's some rain! Dang.
    @hjeppley That sounds like a great race. We don't have ANYTHING close to having any trails. I like in flat Texas. LOL
    @BruinsGal_91 I am so sorry about the loss of your mom! I am sure she was looking down from Heaven, super proud of you during your run.
    @RespectTheKitty great run outside! So glad you are feeling better.
    @kgirlhart - YOU CAN DO IT!!! This weekend was so busy but the weather was beautiful. I should have ran more.
    @SusanDSME - I wish my family would run. We are all signed up for the Reindeer Romp this weekend, but I doubt the boys will finish. That's ok, because dad just walks and they can go with him. They are still little, so I will wait, somewhat patiently.
    @JessicaMcB I love your wildlife stories!
    @karllundy. Yeh, this weather is insane. Dec 4th and 66 degrees at 530 this morning.
    @fitoverfortymom YEAH!!! Almost 1/2 time!

I did the first run of the month this morning. Felt great considering I had been sick and just had strep last week. If I would have left a little earlier or didn't have to be at work this morning, I would have gone for longer. Tri training officially starts this week. 2 swims, 2 more runs and a long ride this weekend.

2018 Races Scheduled (and last one for '17)

12/9 Reindeer Romp
    1/13/2018 Grapevine Bold in the Cold
    2/11/2018 Haltom Stampede
    3/11/18 Keller Irish Sprint Triathlon
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    12/1 9.75mi
    12/2 4mi
    12/3 rest
    12/4 4mi

Ran 8:43 average pace this morning! That’s fast for me!!

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    12/1 – 0
    12/2 – 5 miles
    12/3 – 0
    12/4 – 7 miles

12 of 100 miles

exercise.png

Peaceful run this morning, I went out a little earlier than usual, a pretty 47F, a hint of wind, but I hear that is coming to an end tomorrow :disappointed: I had to laugh when I stopped my watch, 7 miles and it said I burned 235 calories...say what? Then I looked I was in zone 1 the entire time ha ha that is too funny. I guess I pushed my watch down near my hand and the HRM wasn't working right.

@juliet3455 this cracked me up I have always been more Clydesdale than Greyhound - so Javelin and Shot Put for me. I was tall so I was always a high jumper and a hurdler during the track and field portion of PE
    @ahanksa welcome, the first is the hardest, it gets easier from here :smile:
    Welcome @rolaasad
    @hjeppley sounds like your 10 miles was a tough course, get job getting it done!
    @karllundy every morning is a new weather isn’t it? Day to day I turn on the weather channel and go huh? Up and down.
    Skip and I ran a trail in Florida a couple years back and there is no doubt we could have pet the deer, they just stood there and looked at us, we walked closer and closer and they were like whatever. We got within a few feet and took a few pictures and went on our way.

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 and @skippygirlsmom I'm just impressed you went to gym. I generally avoided track like the plague in primer school (faking dysentery anyone?) because my weird gait always had someone making a smart *kitten* comment. Basket ball was equally miserable because I've always been tall and everyone would assume that equated to skills...uhhh, it did not :/ .

By high school I dropped it as soon as the province allowed it (grade 10 I think?). Kind of sad really, I spent all of that time avoiding the very thing I ended up being good at. My student loans weep for me :D

@PastorVincent I may or may not be a terrible wife who teases her hunter husband about this all the time. He spent so much time in the bush this year and came up dry, meanwhile I'm literally trying not to trip on them. Great photo with Santa!
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I forgot how many posts pile up here in two days....
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Dec 1 - Just wasn't feeling it, and when I realized Sat plans were cancelled I figured why not bump Fri run to Sat.
    Dec 2 - 3 miles ran, including hills and my asthma trying to kill me the entire time/walked 2 miles for total of 5
    Dec 3 - Another 3 miles ran with asthma once again attempting to end my life apparently/walked 1.1 miles also
    Dec 4 - 7......I am really busy this week and don't plan to run again until Friday.

Can we just stop talking about deer? :p Our deer-wrecked car got hauled off today to hopefully be fixed.