WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did about 10 minutes yoga for belly, held plank for 2min 53sec, then the gal who teaches the extremepump had an emergency so she couldn't teach the class. Another lady from the class led it, but I didn't get as good a workout as I usually do. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Biggest Loser Last Chance workout DVD (one of the new ones)

Rye - the spinach feta is on the Skinnytaste website. That's where I got it from. Check there, they also have all the nutritionals. Good size piece, too.

Barb - welcome back! I think you have the magic bullet to handling the holiday eating

After exercise stopped at the Salvation Army then went to this thrift bakery store. I was sure I'd seen rye bread there for Vince, but they were out of it. Then stopped at Aldi, didn't get much.

doglady - I don't have the Wii U either. I wish some of the activities that are on the "U" I could get for my Wii, but such is not to be. And there's no way I was going to pay for a new Wii. BTW - I still have that "Fit in Six" CD for the Wii.

Suebdew - you don't want anyone coming there and dragging you to the ER, so you'd better go yourself.

barbie - that is so wonderful of you to go to the assisted living places

Allie - please keep us informed, hoping the antibiotics will do the job

Went to ceramics tonight then left to go to mahjogg. Well, while I was at ceramics I got a phone call, I didn't recognize the number but the person left a message. I never bothered to listen to the message. Well, it was the gal whose house we play mahjongg at saying that everyone else cancelled. So I just went back to ceramics. I should be able to finish my wreath of shells Wednesday. Took my dragonfly (a different one) tonight and clear glazed it. It'll be ready for me to start painting it Wednesday.

We're making a "welcome" sign for Denise and Pete, but there's no way it'll be done in time for Christmas. It'll just have to be a late Christmas gift.

Michele in NC
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Allie, if it's right, you'll know it! Trust your instincts, my dear.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:'

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.15min, 143mhr, 10.9amph. 1.4mi= 82c
    apple watch- 70c
    ROWING MACHINE- 15min, 53aw, 111mhr, 2421meters= 82c
    apple watch- 112c
    STAIRCLIMBER- 15min, 74floors, lvl9, 134mhr = 123c
    apple watch- 130c
    floor exerc- 10.40min, 2sets of 10ea, 132mhr, = 57c
    apple watch- 71c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.31min, 132mhr, 15.4amph, 1.4mi= 65c
    apple watch- 51c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 15.48min, 148mhr, 11.5amph, 3mi= 154c
    apple watch- 111c
    jog sta 2 wk- 6.25min, 149mhr, 11.57min mi., .5mi= 76c
    apple watch- 64c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.43min, 10.04min mi, 150mhr, .4mi = 59c
    apple watch - 50c
    walk bike dome 2 hm- 42.36min, 3.5ap, 134mhr, 2.5mi - flat tire, 2.5mi = 308c
    apple watch- 143c

total cal 1091
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your concern. Michele, would you really come down here? My DDIL is an orthopedic surgeon and she looked at my foot the day after Thanksgiving. She said mine are not the dangerous kind of veins that get dvt. Mine are just ugly and painful (her words). I do think the Epsom salts soak and Salon Paus patches are helping. I actually got more steps in today.
    Lisa- I love the picture of your family. The boys look like they are so much fun. I remember when my DH left for Vietnam and left me with a 6 yo, 4 yo, and a 6 week old baby. Thank goodness we had moved close to my parents even though a huge hurricane hit two days before he left. You just do what you have to do.
    Allie- I am so excited about your job interview. You would do a great job dealing with families.
    Just heard from a neighbor that feral hogs are back in the area. Grrrr
    Got three parties this week and four next week. I will eat mindfully........
    Suebdew in TX
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    I asked my hubby why NZ was having such hot fine weather while you were getting torrential rain, and he said the "High" weather system sitting over NZ was forcing the rainy weather down on Australia, so sorry!

I see ... so it's your fault! And here I was blaming Queensland!! :grin:
    My other exciting news is that I saw an article in the local paper yesterday mentioning that the hiking club, called tramping here in NZ, was planning an annual hike doing the Tongariro Crossing. So I emailed the club secretary and asked if I could join their expedition. She sent a frosty reply saying the trip was probably full already and besides I wasn't a member and they prioritized members and the leader would want to make sure I was fit enough to do the trek before agreeing to take me, and that they didn't like to take non-members as their insurance didn't cover them, but that she would let me know a few days before the trip if there was any seat left in the van for me...
    I replied that I was happy to become a member and that I had done a half marathon recently so was probably fit enough and that I had done a mountain bike trip with a group a few years ago who are also members of the tramping club. (This was a Killer trail I went on with a gungho leader and I dropped her name as I knew she would be notorious, LOL)

Anyway, my reply seemed to satisfy the gate keeper and she said, I should come to their Christmas barbecue and meet the leader and everyone, which just happens to be tomorrow and I said yes I would. I am a bit shy especially in a group of new people but because I've been invited and I'm trying to be braver I am going to do this. I have been wanting to join the tramping club for years but got busy with working two jobs and finishing my university degree, but I think the time is right now. And it will get me used to carrying a pack and wearing hiking boots so I can prepare for my dream trip to do the Camino in Spain. So, I might miss out on the Tongariro Crossing if the van is full but they have trips planned all summer long, so I will join whatever other trips I can manage. I love having fun new things to look forward to, and it will save me money by being able to share the cost of gas and accomodation. <3 Wendy

That sounds great!! I hope it all works out for you. It sounds like something you would enjoy. :)

We tend to ask questions about fitness when we get enquiries about joining our long distance bicycle rides, and I'm always relieved when people indicate that they've got decent credentials. We have had complete novices wanting to ride, and that's just dangerous. Once I was running a 200 km bicycle ride (time limit 13.5 hours including all breaks), and a guy rang up about 2 weeks before the event asking me if he could ride and telling me the longest distance he had ever ridden was 10 km. Um ... no. I was not taking responsibility for that! And just recently, our club ran a challenging 1000 km (time limit 70 hours, including all breaks) ... and got a call from a guy whose longest ride was about 50 km wanting to ride. Again ... no. But on the other hand, my husband and I have hosted several events recently, and we've had riders who are new to Audax/Randonneuring, but who are fit and accomplished riders, and they have done really well. :)

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Hey Everyone!

Although its just the 5th I had some catch up reading to do. I’ve been a little stressed regarding my work situation – still no job offers and my new supervisor is a demon >:) (that’s all I will say about that). Not yet feeling the holiday spirit although your beautiful ornament and tree pictures have boosted me up a little.

DH paid for me to have a trainer for the month of December. <3 That is helping me with my December goal of losing at least 5 pounds, working out at the gym 3 days each week, and walking Blue at least four days each week. I really like the trainer and may keep him for an extra month or two on my own. I can’t believe he had me doing squats! :o Whew it was touch and go for a minute because I wasn’t sure my knees were going to stand the pressure and I didn’t want to be embarrassed in the middle of the gym. :# All said and done I did well. He complimented me on “Not Whinning”!

Suebdew: Please take care of you!

Lanette: Love your Holiday Bucket List!

Allie: I am loving hearing about your new life.

Becca: Sorry to read of nuke son’s sprained ankles. Hope the exercises work.

Rori: Sorry about the loss of your friend Julie. I think plants are wonderful reminders of loved ones we have lost. Right now we have a huge peace lily in our living room in memory of my Dad. We are planning to buy one in memory of DH’s father in the Spring.

Tere in RVA

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Last Spanish class today ... then I think I'll switch to Mandarin on Duolingo.

The Spanish classes are actual classes with an instructor ... and I've been using Duolingo to back them up. Unfortunately I missed a few classes and it hasn't gone according to plan ... life intervenes, plans change ... but nevertheless, I have learned a little bit of Spanish, and have learned/confirmed a few things. I am sort of familiar with French and wondered how Spanish compared ... now I've got a reasonable idea of how it compares. :) And based on my knowledge of French, I feel like I could go to a Spanish-speaking country, with Duolingo in hand, and not be completely and utterly lost. :)

We'll see how Mandarin goes. I'd like to be able to understand a little bit of it.

M in Oz
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    <3
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I am back after meeting the hub in California and spending a long (5 day) weekend with our friends there. We had a great weekend! My friend and I both love Annie Glass and her annual warehouse sale is the first Saturday in December so I try to make it out there to visit the warehouse and buy beautiful glass pieces I don't need :smile: . As always, we both went a little crazy. My box should arrive by Fed Ex today. I can't wait to unpack it and find places to display it. I have a neighborhood Christmas party Saturday so I will use one of the big bowls to take a big green salad to keep me on track with my eating. If I fill half (or more) of my plate with green salad and fill in with the yummy stuff, I'll do just fine. I managed to lose .6 lbs while I was away. I'll take it! Down is down, and not gaining during 5 days of eating out all the time is great!

To those struggling, take it one day, or even one meal at a time if you need to. Remember that one bad meal doesn't derail you. Move on and start again with the next meal or the new day. You can do this and we can help you!

I have to work the next two days and I really need to sort through the pile of boxes in the living room to start wrapping. I think I am about done shopping except for a small gift for my MIL. That won't be hard, I just have to go look for something.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Yesterday it was 82, today windy and in the 40s. Burrrrrr My foot is feeling better and I am happy because that means I can walk more.
    Mary- I did my walk around with You this morning!
    Didn’t sleep well as I was worried the feral hogs would tear up our yard. They hit our neighbor who just lost his wife to heart disease. So sad.
    Have to go to brunch in an hour so no breakfast for me.
    Suebdew in cold and windy TX
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    68547cwg98wmzcn.gif
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy International Ninja Day!

"Clad in their signature black, they appear from the depths of the night like a hawk on stolen wings, striking their quarry and disappearing again without leaving a trace."

Becca - I need a t-shirt like that adorable little girl's!

Allie - Your job opportunity sounds wonderful. Wishing you luck!

Terry - Tony looks like, "Don't make me go out there, Mom!"

Pip - Your skiing pup is the cutest Christmas ornament ever!

Yesterday we turned on the air conditioning because it was so warm and muggy. This morning I woke up to rain and a cool front, so it'll be back to the heat tonight. Wish this weather would make up its mind, but this is a normal Texas "fall" so I know it won't. Nonetheless, I guess I should pull out my ugly home-built "greenhouse" so it'll be ready when we have an actual freeze... which could be anywhere between now and never.

Wishing you all mad ninja skills today as you attack whatever is standing in your way!

-Yvonne in TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: Your mind works in creative ways. When I was a child we had a family in our neighborhood that were German immigrants. They had a wonderful advent calendar sent to theme from Germany every year. I loved seeing it at their house but it wasn't a part of our tradition. :smiley:

Yvonne: Nobody will be visiting us who can take Christmas packages with them, so I'm going to ship all our gifts today. I don't think shipping will be more expensive than the gifts, themselves, but it might be close. There is one package for DS and DDIL and four for DD and her family. There is a shipping business here in town and I'll take all the packages there and have them put in boxes & shipped. :ohwell: the good news is that nothing is breakable. :bigsmile:

Meg: Regarding the garbage disposal misery, I would suggest taking the rubber gasket out and using needle nosed pliers to go after the glass. DH suggested simply letting the disposal grind the glass and rinse it down the lines. (He would put some sort of screen over the drain opening to keep glas shards from being launched out.) Let us know how things go. :flowerforyou:

Allie: Good luck! :star:

Pip: I love the waterskiing golden retriever. Where did you find it? :heart:

Tere: Good luck with the job hunt and the supervisor from h@ll. :flowerforyou:

Yesterday I tripped coming in from taking out the garbage and stubbed my toe plus have a scab on my left knee. The knee looks bad but it doesn't hurt, but that toe is sore! I'm not going to yoga today. I hope to feel better for tomorrow. My only task for today is shipping Christmas Gifts.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Katla - Ouch! <3

I had a lovely time at yoga, as always. I love my yoga group and, if we ever succeed in moving to Hove, it will be the thing I most miss about living here. My teacher is fantastic and she is getting married again on the 20th of this month. We have had a collection for her and we are buying her a voucher for a favourite department store. :D I signed the card this morning.
    We also finished organising the yoga lunch next week. I've requested something not on the Christmas lunch menu, but it is on their normal menu, so we'll see how that goes! I really don't mind as I'm not expecting gastronomic heights, but I prefer the other. I've got a great outfit to wear which is a Santa long sleeved shiny t shirt which looks like tattoos all over the arms and chest. :laugh: I'll wear my red tassel earrings and a Santa hat. :o:D

I've been drinking a few different non or v low alcohol beers recently and I've found a couple that are acceptable. Today I ordered a non alcohol sparkling wine (dry) to try and some red ones which are currently out of stock. It's worth a punt. I tend not to like sweet drinks, so finding something palatable that's not just soda water, lemon and bitters is not easy. Also better if it's low in calories. :)

Duck legs tonight. :D I smother them in Korean Gochujang sauce and roast them on 180° C for 90 mins. Having with spring cabbage.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx