WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Jan 8th already? Quick review of THE PLAN reveals most had slipped my mind. Now its my desktop background ;)

Barbie, thanks will download 10% Happier when I uninstall Mindful Today, and add the Dan Harris books to the monthly list :)
    Michele, thanks for walk.jog.fm. Found the app and will download later. Maybe the $2.99 investment will get me off my butt! Love to buy and read about activities, need to start DOing them. Today's micro action IF I play with Tumble for 10 mins (either in or outside) THEN I get to buy the app.
    Lenora balling up the sheet is EXACTLY how Joe does it... Sometimes I can get him to hold corner of fitted sheet, but not always ;}

Almost daylight, time to breakfast, and dress to shoes ;) (Thanks you flybabies!) despite only a page to go.

Mindful and WARM Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Wish I could line dry my clothes. It would save me loads cause I have to use the laundromat. Allergies and desert dust prevent that.

Beautiful day here today. Must get outside and walk more!

RV Rita in Columbus New Mexico
  • loumoon5
    loumoon5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Yogi is ready to meet the ladies

I think you may have too much time on your hands.

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Cathy, WTG on losing 2 lbs!

Machka, I think your legs are saying “give me a rest”. Class does sounds intense. Don’t think I’d have the energy for something like that. What a busy day you had.

Sharon, Ah the honesty of kids. Glad you had some time with DD and Jheri. I love to color too.

Kate, welcome back. Hope the cough clears up soon.

Judefit18, I think continuing to log is wonderful. Think of the positive not the negative. Weight lose isn’t the only think that counts.

Okie, congrats on the pound and figuring out why you weren’t losing.

Barbie, so nice of you to take your friend for her procedure. Sounds like you did so planning for it. good for you.

Rye, Phew! You are working crazy hours. Don’t forget to take care of yourself before you get sick.

Karen, great suggestions. I’ve been known to hide in the bathroom for a few minutes to get myself centered again.

Lou, sounds like you are planning well. I also must plan. I plan my breakfast and lunch for work the night before.

Barbara, glad to hear you are feeling hopeful. Happy birthday Yogi. Those pics are priceless. How did you get him to stand still to dress him>

Carol, you’re right I did laugh. If we closed for slipper sidewalks kids would never go to school in the winter. lol

Katla, I can remember my mother drinking milk with every meal for her bones. She never broke anything. Kind of ironic that she had bone cancer at the end. Knock on the door. She might like to know that someone is thinking of her.

Penny, don’t stay away too long. We’ll miss you.

Heather, happy dancing for the pound you lost.

Heat wave here today as it is 26 (-3c). DD came home yesterday and she had cut her long hair off up to her ears. Then she had it shaved all around her hairline. On her it looks good. When she doesn’t put her hair up you would never know she shaved it so if she needs to look more professional she can. I was surprised as she has been letting her hair grow for a while now. She said she has been wanting to do it. I love it.

Got my cousin’s bracelet in the mail and should arrive by Wed. Glad that’s out of the way. DD and I are going to exercise together when we get home. Going to finally try the kettlebells.

Well back to work. Terry inVT
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options

Terry - love the jewelry and your creativity. I have not one crafty bone in my body. I can organize you to the nth degree, but I can't craft to save my life.

Loved what you said to Okie! I am like that with plants! I can organize until every pin is in its correct place, but grow a plant? Its either live or die, if you are whimpy you live by the dumper until some person picks ya up!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I'm taking my walking friend to the hospital this morning for a short stay medical procedure. I'll stay til it's over then drive her home. My backpack is packed with snacks, water, and knitting. I have ear buds so I can listen to an audio book while I walk for awhile and an e book to read if I have to sit while I wait.

<3 Barbie from beautiful drizzly NW Washington

Barbie, you are a dependable friend. If we lived closer, it would be you in my back pocket as an emergency contract! Hugs!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Katla wrote "If you are the oldest person on the list, congratulations! You are taking an active hand in your own good health, and not enough of people do this. Heather and I are about the same vintage but I don't know about anyone else."

Add me to same age as you and Heather. My birthday is shortly after Heather's. :)

Janetr OKC
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    I need to kvetch for a second. Nothing to be done, no one needs pay attention but: ARGH.

I worked the Friday and Sat before New Years b/c I had traded a non holiday weekend for the holiday one so my younger co-workers (B&C) could enjoy. I am so nice.

I worked double shifts Tues - thurs b/c D’s sister was in hospital and she was staying home with Mom. I worked double shift Friday b/c B had arranged with me ( weeks ago) so she could go out of town to be with her sister at adoption hearing. I was scheduled (regularly) for Saturday shift. (Sat shift is always a double shift, btw. So that is 7 double shift days in a row.

Last night I get the text from C. He has a fever and will I cover his shift. Couldn’t say no, his fever is down but still above 100.

Double shift means no lunch/dinner and no breaks at all - just a solid 7.5 to 8.5 hours unrelieved. And the pay is really really not good.

I’m tired and wanted to sleep late today. But I have to get going because I have to be st work by 12:30. I will get home about 8:30, take a bath and go to bed. :(

And next week B’s out on vacation...

When does anyone cover for your shift, something you have planned?? Be nice to your self too!
    Becca
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Penny, we'll miss you terribly but we know we sometimes have to share. I believe I have learned something new every time you post and I LOVE it. Do try to give us a quick hello when you can. (((hugs)))

Janetr OKC
  • coastalgosgal
    Options

~Lou in the burba, your meals sound lovely!!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon , OK OK, I have a thing about textures... I don't know if its because the roof of my mouth is an echo chamber, (my moms quote, because as a baby I screamed high like a banshee, and now sing opera). What I do know is that because I have so much surface area on the roof there, food stays in my mouth longer. This activity drove my dear Mother batty! When I was younger I did smack my lips a bit. I am better.. Haha!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Katla, sometimes neighbors stay acquaintances for a reason. With my dealings with Prudence, I now nod, say HI, but that is it! Maybe going to the senior services and getting a booklet of services she has access to and hang it on her door might be enough.
    Becca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    :)