WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Felicia, loved your photos, looked like you had a maauvalos time!
    Becca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    great pictures !!!!!

Just took my christmas tree down, and got it outside, got to go vacuum and figure out dinner, I have a friend coming over....

more later!
    Kim
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies! Thought I posted early this morning but alas, it's off in cyberspace somewhere I think.

Pip
    - please tell Yogi Happy Birthday. He is quite handsome. Is there a party coming up? Tho I think every day at Pip and Kirby's house is a party for the furkids, lol.

Heather and all you song lovers - I see I need to get current on some tunes here. If it's not playing on the rock station in the car, chances are I won't hear it.

Felicia
    - love those Cabo pictures! Looks like you both had a LOT of fun! The camel photo was too sweet as were the ocean pictures. You could be a tour guide when you retire.

Katiebug
    - you ARE super organized and your closet is spectacular! I really need to go through mine, I have so many extra pillowcases and flat sheets. We only use fitted bottom sheets as we use duvets so no messing with sheets. I have kept the flat sheets thinking they'd make very nice backs to the quilts I'll never make someday, lol. I should donate to one of my quilter pals.

Terry
    - your DD's haircut sounds cute. If I was her age, I'd be sporting the latest styles too. Great job on the bracelet and earrings, by the way. I always love to see what you are making!

NYKaren
    - good job eating out of the freezer and pantry! When do DD and DH return?

Barbie - that podcast sounds good - straight and to the point, lol. Sometimes I channel my inner truck driver too.

Karen in VA
    - your mini breaks are such a good idea. Sometimes we all need to take mini time-outs just to rest our brains I think.

Lisa, Janetr, Joyce
    - we love you no matter what shape you are in!

Machka
    - good luck with those long classes! Hope the material is interesting and you don't get too antsy.

Welcome newbies and I am enjoying your posts, love getting to know you better!! It's neat when you add your locations, by the way. Easier for me to remember a bit about you.

Have great evening everyone!

Lanette
    Warm and rainy SW WA State
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,179 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Katie, your linen closet is awesome. At my house there is an exact place for everything (except what's in Jake's "clutter piles") but even so, my sheets are rolled up into bundles, not folded.

:)judefit, from time to time I've gotten inappropriate messages and I did what you did--blocked the sender and reported it. I don't think it's worth the energy to be more concerned than that.

:'( I am still a bit sad that my pedometer won't sync to the file on my computer so I don't have all the data from December. Yesterday I saw FitBits on sale at Costco and Wal Mart and considered buying one since they seem to be the rage. I did a bunch of research online and finally concluded that I don't want that much information and I don't want to have to wear something on my wrist. My other choice is to buy a replacement pedometer (same price as the fancy FitBit). In the middle of the night I got the inspiration to create a spreadsheet to keep track of daily steps (I have my December steps recorded on a step challenge thread so I can put them in the spreadsheet) and set it up so I will be able to keep track of daily steps, total for the month, and average for the month and be able to compare month to month. I won't have the nifty chart of steps each hour, but that isn't all that necessary. That would be free and would take about 30 minutes or so on the computer to create the spreadsheet. That fits in to my desire to keep things simple.

<3 Barbie

I use Strava to track cycling, walking and running, and could use it for other things as well ... plus I log everything into two spreadsheets. One is one I've used for cycling since 2000 the other is for everything and I've used it since 2015. So when I post my exercise stats, that's where they come from. All the totals etc. are calculated with formulas in my spreadsheets.

M in Oz
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    January 2018 Accountability
    Sunday - Jan 7th

✔1. Carbs 75g max with no more than 25g per meal.[42g]
    ✔2. Fiber 30g. [30g]
    ✔3. Track in MFP. Complete the entry daily.
    ✔4. Vegetables - eat a big veggie salad at least once a day.
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm. To prevent late night snacking & get a good 12 hour overnight fast.
    7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter - daily mission.
    ✔9. Dress to shoes daily.

Starting to build momentum here.

Sleep. I need to work on this. It’s so off.... i can get into bed before midnight... but I’m not sleeping. My dilemma... do I make myself get up in the morning or do I sleep in to get my 8 hours? There’s a whole sleep hygiene process here i need to get on track. I’ll work on it. Timely downshift, warm bath, shut off electronics, read...

In my younger days I read myself to sleep every night. When I began wearing glasses - bifocals... reading in bed became too difficult. I gave it up. I miss it. I'll figure out how to make reading in bed work for me. Perhaps different reading glasses. Maybe try reading sitting up in bed. Something to think about.

Exercise. This would likely help my sleep. It’s all tied together. Diet... exercise... sleep.

Declutter. Today I’ll clean that one lower cabinet and the gadget drawer... those have been on my list for a year.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    HEre is my favorite running song atm. I change my music playlist around so I don't get bored.

https://youtu.be/pBkHHoOIIn8

I LOVE this song! So much fun.

Felicia, kicking like it's 1966 in the Willamette Valley
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Felicia, loved the pics. Looks like you were having fun. Thanks for posting them.

Katiebug, nice closet. Mine looks like that about once a year.

NYKaren, glad you enjoyed your time by yourself. I love having that. I am off on Monday and DD and DH are working. Sweet!

Food is definitely calling me today. Been a good girl though. Yeah me.

Terry in VT
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Funny story about this picture:

3xevmap3nk9n.jpg

We got to the snorkeling area on a large motorized rubber raft that held about 20 of us. We had life jackets on, of course. Once ready to snorkel, the guide instructed us that we had to wear our life vests. Or rather, we had to "wear" our life vests. As long as they were attached to our body in some fashion, we were abiding by the spirit of the law. See the black strap wrapped around my right arm in the picture above? That is me "wearing" my life vest. I strapped it around my wrist, and as I swam (before I had the scooter), the strap would either come off completely, or wrap around my arm.

Felicia, not worrying about Mexican liability issues

p.s. The purple band on my left wrist is my Road ID, which includes my name and my husband's and mother's phone numbers -- so the authorities will know who to call . . . just in case!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Barbie- "...my father wove a tapestry of obscenity that as far as we know, is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan" quote from the movie A Christmas Story. I raised my kids that swearing was a sign that you couldn't come up with a decent adjective to describe things. I was never a big swearer, until I turned 50. Then, I realized it just feels good sometimes to swear. I don't care much for the f-bomb, but some of the others are pretty fun to let slide off your tongue. If you connect them to some really posh and descriptive adjectives, it can take them to a whole new level. The book I just read, You Are A Badass, has quite a bit of swearing in it; but the author used it in a humorous and down to earth way. It spoke to me!

Felicia- Don't you just love how that vacation sun seems to soak right into your skin and protect you from the winter grays for a while?! Glad you are back! Post some pics if you have any!

Terry, and I guess pretty much everyone on here that is stateside- LOL, I was thinking of responding solely to Terry than realized that everyone in the U.S. is having colder than normal temps, lately. I got a giggle this morning, when our local news team was cheering because today, is the first day since Dec. 23 that the temps have gone above freezing! Whoot! We are having a warm spell at 36*F! This does mean that I can take my kiddos out today; unfortunately I have two with no snowpants and boots! Oh well, the warm spell will continue through Wednesday; then we go back down into the low teens and single digits for a while. The sun is out today and it is just gorgeous!

Penny- Oh my! I will miss you! Busy time of year? Or staying a little more active to ward off the "dark month" blahs?

Terry- Oooops! Forgot to mention that your jewelry is just beautiful!

Lisa- I have been keeping up with your blog, but haven't had time to comment, lately. Just want to tell you that it is one of my high points of my morning; reading about what it new in your life or what your brain is busy mulling over. LOL!

Pip- Yogi is stylin'! I love the little shirt and tie! He looks like he tolerates the accessories pretty well! With the crown and beads he looks like the Mardi Gras King!

Ooops! Gotta fly! One of the kiddos is yelling from the bedroom that she needs to potty! !!! KJ

Thx!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Happy Monday Ladies! Thought I posted early this morning but alas, it's off in cyberspace somewhere I think.

Pip
    - please tell Yogi Happy Birthday. He is quite handsome. Is there a party coming up? Tho I think every day at Pip and Kirby's house is a party for the furkids, lol.

Heather and all you song lovers - I see I need to get current on some tunes here. If it's not playing on the rock station in the car, chances are I won't hear it.

Felicia
    - love those Cabo pictures! Looks like you both had a LOT of fun! The camel photo was too sweet as were the ocean pictures. You could be a tour guide when you retire.

Katiebug
    - you ARE super organized and your closet is spectacular! I really need to go through mine, I have so many extra pillowcases and flat sheets. We only use fitted bottom sheets as we use duvets so no messing with sheets. I have kept the flat sheets thinking they'd make very nice backs to the quilts I'll never make someday, lol. I should donate to one of my quilter pals.

Terry
    - your DD's haircut sounds cute. If I was her age, I'd be sporting the latest styles too. Great job on the bracelet and earrings, by the way. I always love to see what you are making!

NYKaren
    - good job eating out of the freezer and pantry! When do DD and DH return?

Barbie - that podcast sounds good - straight and to the point, lol. Sometimes I channel my inner truck driver too.

Karen in VA
    - your mini breaks are such a good idea. Sometimes we all need to take mini time-outs just to rest our brains I think.

Lisa, Janetr, Joyce
    - we love you no matter what shape you are in!

Machka
    - good luck with those long classes! Hope the material is interesting and you don't get too antsy.

Welcome newbies and I am enjoying your posts, love getting to know you better!! It's neat when you add your locations, by the way. Easier for me to remember a bit about you.

Have great evening everyone!

Lanette
    Warm and rainy SW WA State

True so true
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,179 Member
    Options
    A large 'long black' coffee to get me through the morning ... one of those new diet cokes with coffee to get me through the afternoon! !

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.31min, 138mhr, 10.5amph. 1.4mi= 77c
    apple watch- 60c
    LATERAL MACHINE- 45min, 10lat, 5-6lvl, 140mhr, 4.90mi = 348c
    Apple watch- 319c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.07min, 14.3amph, 131mhr, 1.4mi= 65c
    apple watch- 48c
    RIDE BIKE PUY 2 SUMN STA- 15.19min, 154mhr, 11.9amph, 3mi= 170c
    apple watch- 117c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.14min, 151mhr, 10.14min mi, .5mi= 66c
    apple watch- 55c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.47min, 10.19min mi, 148mhr, .4mi= 83c
    apple watch- 63c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.14min, 7.7amph, 154mhr, 2.5mi = 214c
    Apple Watch= 153c

total cal 1023
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Felicia, you are my Song Sister! Love your holiday pics. Romantic Perfection!
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Felicia, pics are awesome!
    Penny, hope all is okay, will miss you!
    Lisa, I also love your blog, I quite enjoy the randomness of the topic of the day!
    Katie, my linen closet isn't quite that tidy, but I do have towels sorted according to size. They are also grouped so that I can just go in and grab the top two on any pile and they are ready to put in the bathroom. As for sheets, we have 3 or 4 sets, I read somewhere that the fibers in the sheets need time to relax after washing and drying. I also prefer to strip and make the bed all at once instead of waiting til the laundry is finished.
    Today has been an all right day, a little over on my calories but I didn't count the time on the TRX and the trainer kicked my *kitten*! Not the regular trainer and if this had been my first class I would have been very discouraged, as it is, I'm only worried about how the bod is going to feel tomorrow!! lol
    Well, must go, want to have a shower before my shows come on. That way, my teeth are brushed so won't be tempted to snack and when the shows are over I can just go to bed.
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options