WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    I'm a little behind ...

The beauty of this group is that I'll read through .. sometimes slowly, sometimes skimming ... and then find a comment come back to me hours or even days later that strikes a real chord with my personal circumstances. I'm not sure who posted (Heather maybe) ... but someone said that they logged their food because what was the point of MFP otherwise (or something like that) and that got me thinking about my poor logging habits lately. Today I'm logging every bite! So thank you to whomever mentioned that!

Beth near Buffalo ... cold and snowy ...

IIRC it was Heather. It struck a chord with me too, even tho I hate logging. No w that I’m trying to move to maintenance it might be even MORE important as I try to pinpoint my calorie needs. So I’ve doubled down for now.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Allie - sitting in your pocket, girl. Holding you up.

KatieBug - I'm so sorry about your uncle.

Long, slow day today - ten grants and two major reports with a series of due dates stretching out in front of me, trying not to be overwhelmed. It's temporary... it's just some stupid game my mind plays on occasion, and once I get the first one going, every piece of information feeds into the next. Another snow day here, with the kids home, and my daughter, and everybody's going a little stir crazy, I'm thinking. Should be in the 40s tomorrow, so I can run, and things stay a lot clearer when I can run, for some reason.

Love y'all,
    Lisa
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Managed to watch first episode of BROKEN BRAIN, will see what happens with no 2 could the problem be with time difference?

Saw Dr this morning re gall bladder op he advised that take more time if Im not sure. Phoned the surgeon secretary and explained, she was very helpful said she will talk to surgeon she did say of course I will be taken off waiting list. Asked if I could maybe have a clinic appointment in 6 months which she will discuss with surgeon. My Dr said he thought that with any op, if you are not sure then don't have it. As I've said if I was in pain or had problems with food then of course I would have the op.

Kate UK <3
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Sue, good news about your eyes. Hope it doesn’t get worse quickly.

Michelle in NC, Hope you don’t get any more snow. That white stuff can be a treacherous. Stay safe.

Barbara, don’t let stubbornness get in the way of following the dr’s instructions. It will take time to adjust but your health is worth it.

Marcelyn, Where’s the beef? In the truck. Lol Drive safe in that weather. There are all sort of nuts that drive like there is snow on the road.

(((Joyce)))

Katla, no use paying for a housekeeper who stresses you out, Start looking for a new one now so that when you want to change you are ready. You are paying her, it isn’t free so you should get what you want. Hope you feel better soon.

Meggiesroad, great job with the exercise!

Wendy, glad your fast went well. The book sounds interesting.

Sharon, I’m sorry you were denied the disability. I certainly understand your anger and frustration. That’s crazy. Good thought going your brother’s way. You have a full plate right now. Remember to take care of yourself. Sounds like the girlfriend needs a heads up. Harmony’s dr can’t tell you anything, but you can call and tell them what you are seeing and what your concerns are.

Pam, good luck with the hypnotist. I went once for eating but it only lasted less than a month.

Machka, great description of how it was walking ono the beach. Lol

Barbie, Chinese food is one of my favorites but have to watch out as it has a lot of salt.

((Lenora)) Glad you feel better tody.

Pip, I think that picture is next year’s Christmas card. lol

Rita, glad to hear your diet is going well. Keep on keeping on.

Lanette, we have brought our car for a second opinion before and found out we didn’t need any work done.

Allie, sending lots of good thought your dad’s way. I’m sitting on your shoulder keeping you company.

Beth, I’m the same way with something I’ve read here coming back to me.

Lisa, you know yourself so well.

Kate, good advise from the dr. You will know when you are ready for surgery.

Well back to work.

Terry in VT
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Haven’t read all the posts,but wanted to mention the slippers with built in arch support I always wear inside.Altho they come in open toe style,I broke my big toe yrs ago wearing open toes & never again for me.Going to wear this one brand from now on.The arch support works great for me.

https://www.vionicshoes.com/women/relax-slipper.html?76=19

https://www.vionicshoes.com/women.html

Zappos,QVC,macys,belks etc. You can google for more.

Pat in Ohio
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Sleep Issues ... I just got off the phone with my mother who was telling me about the best remedy for those with sleep issues. Ovaltine. A glass of Ovaltine. She has everyone she knows drinking Ovaltine at night and they are all experiencing better sleep. Just thought I'd share.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    B)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Beautiful babies! & my sympathy to Janet. <3 A Sister is such a treasure.I only have one left.

Pat in Ohio
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Allie and Dad)))
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • csofled
    Options
    Cheri ... happy birthday!
    Beth near Buffalo ... cold and snowy ...[/quote]

Thanks so much! I had a wonderful birthday. Oy Vey I'm 59 yo!

Cheri
    in still very chilly TX who did not plan in this when moving here!

• csofled
    Options
    Cheri - happy 29th birthday!
    Michele in NC

Thanks. When I worked at an elementary school for 8 years all the teacher's bdays were announced as 29 yo and the kids got a kick out of that.

Cheri

• csofled
    Options
    Cheri - Hope you had a wonderful birthday. May this be your best year yet.
    Sharon in Lethbridge

Thank you Sharon. Hopefully it will be a good year!

Cheri

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Watched first episode of broken brain. Not impressed so far. It only repeats stuff I have read loads of times in many books. I will watch no 2, but the smug guys are royally p÷××+=% me off and a lot of it conflicts with genetic research. I also found the music in the background hugely annoying - why do they have that? ?? Grrrrrrrrrr! We all know how to be healthy, but few of us do it. 'Speaking to the converted' springs to mind. Of course our medical model is broken, but we all know that. I am constantly railing at the lack of money spent on preventative medicine. Things are changing, but slowly.
    I'm pleased to say that, at the moment, my brain and body seem to be on top form, :D but I am also aware that that could change through no fault of mine. Sometimes we are just dealt a bum hand in life. I'm giving myself the best odds through my lifestyle, but luck is not a lady.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

LOL! I thought of you when I queued up episode #1! I actually thought to myself: I bet Heather would hate the version with music. I was given the option of a music-free version & chose it.

Karen in Virginia

• csofled
    Options
    Thanks for the bday wishes ladies. I had a really nice post and poof it disappeared. Gah....
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,407 Member
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    Haven’t read all the posts,but wanted to mention the slippers with built in arch support I always wear inside.Altho they come in open toe style,I broke my big toe yrs ago wearing open toes & never again for me.Going to wear this one brand from now on.The arch support works great for me.

https://www.vionicshoes.com/women/relax-slipper.html?76=19

https://www.vionicshoes.com/women.html

Zappos,QVC,macys,belks etc. You can google for more.

Pat in Ohio

Pat
    - thank you, those look great. I'm going to check them out. I tend to get "hot feet" so like the idea of open toed, especially for summer. I have worn Acorns but they don't have much support. These look good.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    (((Alllie)))

(((Joyce)))