WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Allie, what wonderful news about your dad. I’m sure it was due to all of us there with you. The dr probably looked at all of us and thought I better get this right. I don’t want this group of women coming after me. Lol

Terry
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Sending <3 and strength Allie
    NYKAREN
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Quote “Pat - thank you, those look great. I'm going to check them out. I tend to get "hot feet" so like the idea of open toed, especially for summer. I have worn Acorns but they don't have much support. These look good.

Lanette,they are the only shoes/slippers with built in orthics I ever tried.My New Balance model is up to $160...ouch! The built in orthics makes all the difference.Going to try a sneakers next. Hope you find a pair you like.

Pat in Ohio
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Thinking of those in the Carolinas with all that snow. Take care and stay home!
    Allie- will hold your dad in my prayers as he faces more surgery. Thankfully they found it and praying it will be resolved with surgery.
    Did yoga today and seemed like I did better this time. They had a guided meditation after class which I would like to have stayed for but dh was waiting for me.
    Suebdew in TX
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Did Micah Hudson's Quick Fit DVD. The original plan for tomorrow was to go to the water aerobics but it's supposed to get warm today (the snow will melt) but get really cold tonight (what melted will freeze) so I doubt I'll go. I've decided to do a Peak 10 Cardio Interval DVD instead. Update: I think I WILL go to the water class. I'll just take a different route on a street that doesn't have many trees at all.

Made this cake for Vince last night. Made a lemon cake and poked holes in it and put chocolate pudding in the holes. I did find out that I need to make the holes larger so the pudding will go into them. But it was a good learning experience. This morning I made icing for the cake (was that hard to ice). I'm trying freezing and see how the consistency is of the chocolate cake that I made for Rummikub the other night. Now I'm defrosting a small piece to see if the consistency stays the same. I'm leaving a piece in the freezer for a few days to see if the chocolate pudding will bleed thru the Cool Whip. When I left it in the refrigerator, after a few days the pudding bled thru

I was supposed to volunteer at the Green Room today but I called them -- no answer. So I left a message saying that I could get there if they needed someone, but I won't go now since I'll probably get a locked door. The one gal called me back saying that she probably won't get there until around noon. So I told her to keep it in the back of her mind that if she gets there and needs someone, I can get there.

drinking alcohol - the same with me. Guess it's because I drink so very seldom. But when I do, the next day I feel so "yuk".

M - I've found that during the summer instead of ice cream I honestly prefer to have some frozen grapes. It's been a few years since I've bought ice cream for myself. Oh, I have bought it, usually for a dessert. But I can't remember the last time I bought some just for me. Like I had a coupon for a free small container of this ice cream. I thought Vince would like it but he didn't, so guess who wound up finishing it?

Sharon (((HUGS)))). I'm so sorry you and your brother were denied disability. (((HUGS)))

I just can't see myself being vegan either. I love my cheese too much. I do try to cut down on the meat, tho. Vince likes his meat and potatoes so some nights I'll have something different from him, something without meat in it

Lenora - your health concerns me. But then again...you know your body better than I do so I'll trust it

Lanette - Vince notices things (like the steering shaking) on my car that I don't

Since I have time, think I might start on the scarf/hat that I'll make the girls for next Christmas. A lady in Newcomers said it was easy to do. We shall see. Maybe easy for HER.

Rye - I'm on maintenance and I find logging to be VERY VERY important to keep me in line

Started the scarf/hat. You have no idea how many times I had to go from scratch before I got it right!

Terry in VT - the worst parts of getting snow here are 1) people have no clue how to drive in it and 2) they don't have plows and when they get one (borrow it from another community), they don't know how to use it. The roads are semi-cleared but the turns! Now that's a different story in itself

Allie - I'm right next to you. Boy, you have lots of people around you! In your pocket, on your shoulder, next to you..... (((HUGS))))

Michele in NC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I think I forgot to mention what my comfort foods are. My hubbie knows if I am really feeling down that I need a fish sandwich from McDonalds. I also need macaroni and cheese. A hot dog used to be on that short list. It I can't find them to date like they used to. Also I need pickle relish on my hot dog and I cat always find it when I eat a hot dog from a restaurant.

Doctor's office called today and my Neurontin was changed from 100mg 3 times a day to 200mg 3 times a day. I would like to take a once a day 600mg but I know I can't.

I broke down and took a shower today. Because of the dizziness I had with my last shower, I knew I needed to have a chair in the bath tub, But with the chair in there there is barely room to take the shower. But I got it done and it makes a person feel so much better.

We have a new Olympic sport going on in our house. It's called competitive grooming. My two felines can really get into it. And it never ends well. They start out grooming an ear and they end up biting or strangling each other.

Allie, we love you and prayers all week for your father.

Joyce, Indiana where it reached 28 degrees today!!!!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,653 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.35min, 132mhr, 11.7amph. 1.4mi= 85c
    apple watch- 00
    TREADMILL, walk/sprints- 30min, 3.9-10.0sp, 125ahr, 156mhr, 2.43mi= 261c
    apple watch- 259c
    other- 10.26min, 4sets of 10ea. ab sliding crunches, sliding planks on elbows, sliding planks on hands, highest incline, 121mhr= 73c
    apple watch- 67
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.07min, 14.5amph, 139mhr, 1.4mi= 59c
    apple watch- 48c
    Bike ride PUY 2 SUMN STA- 15.35min, 150mhr, 11.7amph, 3mi= 157c
    apple watch- 120c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.06min, 152mhr, 9.39min mi, .5mi= 64c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.36min, 10.04min mi, 149mhr, .4mi = 64c
    apple watch- 53c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 21.28min, 7.3amph, 148mhr, 2.5mi = 202c
    apple watch- 145c

total cal 979
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Terry- 10 minutes is great for starting the Kettlebell ! I don't ever do more than 25 minutes at the most and I'm still toning and tightening. I eat and drink whatever I want as well! I hope you are doing them the way that I am you do seven swings during one minute intervals. Good luck! Best exercise on the planet!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,653 Member
    Options
    geez I look old in that pic!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Kate- i'm still around just extremely busy! Yay on the 18 pound kettle bell! You are doing fantastic!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,649 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Katla – time for a new cleaner!

Best wishes to all!

Busy day, and having company over the weekend, so may not be here much, but am thinking of you all.

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, planning for a successful day, food all set (and logged) gym clothes ready to go for after work. I am plugging along, still up a little in weight from the after holiday eating/snowday bingeing. But I'm back on the path, funny that I wander off the path that is my happiest and healthiest. However, that's what I did and now I just have to get back to work to get back on the main path to healthier choices.

NYKAREN