What We're Eating Weekly

Options

Replies

• Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - homemade lemon poppy seed muffins, string cheese stick

Lunch - Pumpkin/chick pea/black bean chili

Dinner - not sure yet since husband says he will cook (and doesn't really know how to make a lot of stuff) he will probably say we are having that same chili I made for lunch

Snacks - Moro blood oranges
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Grapefruit, raw "ramen" with sriracha (broth and kelp noodles with dehydrated leeks, shiitakes, and string beans)

Snack: Cold brew coffee with cashew milk, rice protein powder, and cacao

Lunch: Jalapeno garlic grits with pickled red onions, chopped jalapenos, shredded cabbage, and coconut bacon; Clif nut butter bar

Dinner: Black olives with chiles, tempeh bacon
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Coffee Meal: Coffee, black

Lunch: Chicken Parm, apple

Pre-Gym Snack: Hard boiled egg, Trader Joe's everything crackers, raw cauliflower, hot sauce

Dinner: Pork chop, garlic green beans, mushroom ravioli, blood orange slices

1348 calories
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: Egg white muffin x2 - each made with 2 egg whites, 1 light sausage link, chopped yellow bell pepper & onion
    Lunch (planned): Salad - 4oz romaine, 2oz roasted chicken, 1 hardboiled egg, serving of croutons (approx 30g) and 2tbsp of Bolthouse Honey Mustard dressing
    Dinner (planned): Homemade slider burgers x2 - each made with 2oz ground beef patties, using half a slider bun for each, 1/4 slice of American cheese, dill pickle slices with 3oz serving of frozen onion rings
    Afternoon snack (planned): Millville Fiber Now 90 calorie cinnamon coffee cake bar
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'm still feeling kind of cruddy, but I'm back at work so I'm trying to get back to normal eating, too.

Breakfast: peach Greek yogurt, sourdough English muffin with Laughing Cow, handful of cherry tomatoes, coffee.

Lunch: will be a grilled cheese sandwich and side salad.

Dinner: will be pork carnitas mini-tacos and gazpacho salad. I am so excited for this meal.

Snacks: I've been nibbling on kona coffee-coated macadamia nuts all morning; they're really compelling.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Protein shake: Vanilla whey protein powder, banana, 1% milk, cinnamon
    Lunch: Cup of golden coconut lentil soup, cauliflower, 2% Fage Greek yogurt with honey and blueberries
    Dinner: Tofu and veggie red curry with basmati rice
    Snack: Think Thin brownie crunch bar, 3 Ghirardelli squares
  • laura9503
    laura9503 Posts: 43 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: oatmeal with almond milk and peanut butter.
    Snack: apple-cinnamon flavored Greek yoghurt with all bran fruit 'n fiber.
    Lunch: 4 slices of whole-wheat bread with hummus and some cherry tomatoes.
    Snack: banana with peanut butter.
    Dinner: pasta Bolognese.
    Snack: apple.

Calories: around 2300.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Catered lunch at work today, so I was good and planned ahead, taking my own lunch.

Breakfast: Ham, cheese and egg sandwich, coffee.
    Lunch: Low-cal crackers with avocado; cherry tomatoes and cocktail onions; carrot sticks and hummus.
    Snack:. Hard-boiled egg, watermelon.
    Dinner: Soft-shell tacos (2) with beef mince, reduced fat cheese, tomato, lettuce, red onion, avocado and lite sour cream. Small glass of low calorie wine.
  • easyvegan
    easyvegan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Chia Cashew Blueberry Porridge with English breakfast tea
    Lunch: DIY Flaffel Wrap, with Moroccan houmous and lettuce, red pepper and carrot
    Dinner: Beetroot burger with boiled broccoli and beans
    Snacks: A surprise (I'm not too sure yet! aha probably a banana)
  • AllisonB145
    AllisonB145 Posts: 94 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: Steel cut oats w/tsp brown sugar and 1%milk and coffee

Lunch: Turkey patty and Kale salad

Dinner: Turkey meatloaf, steamed cauliflower and steamed Brussel sprouts with a tsp of Parmesan cheese

Snack: 2 peanut butter energy bites after walking
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: sourdough English muffin with Laughing Cow and a little blackberry jam, half an apple, coffee.

Lunch: will be leftover split-pea soup with smoked turkey and a bit of goat cheese, maybe a handful of cherry tomatoes.

Dinner: will be more mini-tacos because they were delicious and we have a ton of leftovers, probably broccoli as a side.

Snacks: I haven't planned these yet, but I have a gift card for the coffee shop in the building where I work, so I'm thinking I'll pick up a fruit cup or something there.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: big mug of tea
    Lunch: carrot sticks and peanut butter, low sodium V8
    Dinner: Catfish nuggets with habanero tarter sauce, blackeyed pea salad, raw sugar snap peas, white wine
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Breakfast: Chickpea and spinach stew

Lunch: Shredded cabbage with chopped jalapenos, coconut bacon, and tempeh bacon; Clif nut butter bar

Dinner: Mushroom ceviche, tomatillo-poblano white beans, jalapeno cornbread, and probably some white wine
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I ate my normal breakfast and lunch yesterday, but dinner was:

Venison steak and Pumpkin Pie Halo Top, which made me :laugh:. Totally nailed my calories and macros, though.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Lunch: Shredded cabbage with chopped jalapenos, coconut bacon, and tempeh bacon; Clif nut butter bar

Dinner: Mushroom ceviche, tomatillo-poblano white beans, jalapeno cornbread, and probably some white wine

What is mushroom ceviche? I've always thought that was seafood.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

I probably should have used quotation marks. Yes, ceviche typically is seafood. This is a vegan version that is based on marinated mushrooms in lime juice with some other seasonings. Probably wouldn't satisfy someone who is looking for the real thing, but I've never had it and I love mushrooms, so I'm looking forward to it!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I probably should have used quotation marks. Yes, ceviche typically is seafood. This is a vegan version that is based on marinated mushrooms in lime juice with some other seasonings. Probably wouldn't satisfy someone who is looking for the real thing, but I've never had it and I love mushrooms, so I'm looking forward to it!

That sounds pretty darn good, says this omnivore!
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    Breakfast: Cookies and Cream protein powder blended with chocolate milk and coffee. Plus more coffee.

Lunch: Leftover roasted purple potatoes, leftover fajita veggies, leftover deep fried pickles, an apple, and a slice of banana nut bread.

Dinner: Maybe a veggie burger, with some frozen veggies on the side.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

I love marinated mushrooms, so I'd definitely give it a try. And now I really want some mushrooms.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Black coffee and a Think Thin Maple Almond bar

Lunch: Going out for Vietnamese- Tofu and vegetable pho and a summer roll

Dinner: Fish tacos made with cod, mango avocado salsa, siracha mayo

Snack: Peanut butter and banana, one or two pieces of chocolate