WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Wendy - your daughter looks fantastic!

Katie - bet it feels great to have those stitches out

Heather - love your posts, so very insightful.

Michele in NC
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Friday! (Finally) I have been on here, reading every day; not much to add to the convo, so I have just been quiet. Also fighting a minor case of the blues. Feeling emotional, and tired. I have noticed that when I feel tired, I feel older than my age. Anyway, just gotta keep going and "nose to the grindstone" kind of talk and move my self to action. DH is greeting me every morning with a litany of his woes. I can't kill him; so I just nod and say "uh-huh" a lot. On the upside: Not sure how many of you are aware, but in the U.S. kids are starting school at a younger, and younger age. Now, many kids begin preschool at age three. Even though evidence shows that kids this young need more play time and shouldn't be in classroom settings; parents are sending them. Parents who should know better (educators). I have shared articles and studies with friends and clients in regards to the stats on how a classroom setting for most kids at this age is more damaging because they are missing out on learning important basic life/social skills. Boys, especially, are not ready for that classroom setting and end up getting into trouble in school for not being able to control themselves. Those little "black marks" on their record follow them into elementary school and they become known as a "troubled or unmanageable" child. lol I said there was an upside. lol Next fall, I was set to lose four of my kids to preschool; but this week two of those families decided to keep their kids in my care for another year! Yea! I feel like I am constantly pointing out to parents that the schools that are doing education best (many of them in the nordic countries), start their kids in classroom settings at age 6. Anyway, this makes me very happy. Years ago, kids were with me from infancy through age 5 1/2 or 6 (when they started kindergarten). It has felt like a never ending revolving door of infants and toddlers, lately, as I lose the kids at an earlier and earlier age.
    Dana-Happy Birthday! That coral color is lovely against your skin!
    Lisa- So sorry to hear about the Mulberry house! But, I guess, better now, than later when you are closer to being there?! Good luck with the doc this morning!
    Joyce- Ditto what Lisa told you! I often look at my DH, shake my head in amazement at how I could have married a man! I often tell him that he wasn't spanked enough as a child. He doesn't even know how lucky he is that I haven't put a pillow over his head as he sleeps! >:)
    Heather- Yess! You always share the right bits of info, just when I need them. I was speaking of my "feeling my age". Some days it literally makes me want to cry when I am dealing with aching joints and a wonky knee/ankles. You inspire me. thank you, friend <3
    Wendy- Your daughter is stunning! She looks like a greek goddess!
    Lanette- My DH's doc wants him to try Cymbalta for pain, along with his Plaquenil. Wondering what your DH is using and how it is working. The side effects of most of these drugs are insane. Makes me very nervous to have him try this.

Well, I have a little one arriving early; so I better sign off. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies -

Well, most of the two pounds was back this morning :neutral: . It will be gone again soon. I looked back over this journey and I have spent 3-4 weeks two different times exchanging the same 2-3 pounds up and down from one weigh in to the next. When it finally goes, it usually takes an extra pound or two with it. That will happen again if I stay on track, which I am. I'm a little amazed that I am more amused than frustrated at this point. I am so close to hitting the last decade where I want to land but I just can't get there....it will come.

Becca and Barbie - prayers said for your husbands surgeries that are both this coming Wednesday if I remember correctly (I didn't take notes). Becca you sound like you have a plan and will get your shopping done so I'm sure you will get through your hospital time just fine. I found when I spent a week in the hospital with my Dad that the cafeteria oatmeal was a Godsend in the mornings. I could put just a touch of brown sugar in it and it kept me going until lupper (sometime between lunch and supper time) when I could get something else. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to shop beforehand so I was at the mercy of the snack machines a lot. They had some fairly good options that I took advantage of.

Lisa - Sorry to hear the house fell through and even sorrier to hear about your father in law. I will add him to my prayers.

Hugs to those that need them, congrats to those with victories.

Kylia - I loved the fatter comment, I knew it was a typo, but it made me laugh!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Morning folks sun shining here. Done my KB workout and took some measurements Lost nearly an inch on waist and belly Yay

HEATHER when I want to get rid of stuff too good to throw away I use FREECYCLE it is nationwide and there are local forums, recently gave away a vacuum cleaner you can specify that the person collects.

Kate UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning, I’m reading and feeling inspired by all of your strength and positive energy-so off I go to exercise, thank you ladies!!!

NYKAREN
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Welcome ELAINE congrats on weight loss, eating healthy and exercising. You have been through a lot, I don't think I could be so strong, you are an inspiration and we love those on this thread. Keep coming back. As you know there are lots of inspirational women on here.

Kate UK <3
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Rye - check out Celecoxib - that's the generic. GoodRX shows 30 of the 200 mg pills for around $22! That's without insurance even, all you need is the GoodRX coupon (it's free on the GoodRX website). My DH gets them for a bit less than that.

Good luck!

Lanette