Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Yvonne in TX I sure hope you are right about the allergy changes! Here’s hoping!!

Happy International Women’s Day. I found a website called SheKnows that is for women and gave me the meanin of my name:
    Spanish means Pearl
    American means Pearl
    Persian means Child of Light
    Greek means speaker

The site goes on to describe general personalities and hits me right on.

My brother’s open heart surgery went as planned. Now to recover.

DH has developed a head cold on his second week after surgery. I have to keep a close eye on him.

Excitement at the Mexican border this morning. Don’t know what it is about. But will update. We are only 4 miles from the border. Helicopters circling the elementary school and border patrol vehicles flying by on the highway with lights flashing. Most excitement we have seen since being here!

RV Rita in Columbus NM

Glad you brother’s surgery went well. Good idea to keep and eye on DH as things can change quickly into something worse. Keep us posted and your doors locked.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather, always nice to hear we look younger than our age :) Great job on keeping the same weight since last year.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Wed: Went to the deep water class. Didn't work as hard since it's been so long since I've been to the class. The plan for tomorrow is to do Karen Voit's Slim Physique Upper and Lower Body Workouts.

Put a load of laundry in. Need to vacuum the downstairs since a friend whose hubby has a pickup will be maybe bringing a few tables here. See, the March board meeting of Newcomers is typically a combination of the old board and the new board. It'll be at my house. We're figuring on 14 people. I have two 6' banquet tables that I'm thinking I'll put together, that will seat 14. I have another table that will seat an add'l four if we need it. I have another table on which we can put a coffee pot and other drinks (ice tea, maybe juice). I'm borrowing two 8' banquet tables from a friend and this guy is going to use his pickup to bring them here. We can't fit 8' tables in our Outlook. He can leave the extra 2' hanging out the back, which isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned. The meeting isn't until the end of March so whenever it works into his schedule is fine with us. Update: the daughter of the gal I was going to borrow them from, her daughter borrowed them for her church. So this gal is trying to get in touch with her daughter to see how long they'll be needed. I guess if worse comes to worse, I could borrow some from the church (I've done that before)

Julie - don't worry about not getting to everything here. We are a chatty bunch, that's for sure.

janetr - congrats!!!! Boy, you grandson has certainly had his share! How wonderful of you to have taken care of him when he needed it.

Laura - you BETTER post pictures. We all want to "oohhh" and "aahhh" over them. Feel better fast.

Machka - Happy Birthday

After exercise, stopped at the Salvation Army. Didn't get anything. Then went to Big Lots since I needed the kind of soft mints they have then WalMart. Ceramics tonight Update: Vince didn't go, but he thinks he'll probably go next week

Anglie - welcome back

Rye - do you do the hula hoop on the Wii? I tried that this past Monday and for some reason it bothered my knees. Next Monday I'm going to try it but not on the Wii

Vince has the TV on right now. All I hear about is the weather. Really, how can someone watch it for hours at a time? Well, if that makes him happy. But I would like to watch some of my recorded shows on the VCR. Thinking of everyone in the path of this storm.

Terry in VT - I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's wife. We had a few cats who had thyroid problems. We took them for radioactive isotope treatment and haven't had a problem since.

Thurs: did Karen Voit's Slim Physique Upper and Lower Body workouts DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Zuka Power Cardio DVD, Disc 1.

Volunteered at the Green Room today then stopped at Aldi for a few things on the way home.

Becca - I know this sounds really weird, but when we go away, something that I take with me that doesn't need refrigeration are those meals for babies. I can get carrots and green beans. I know that they have other meals. At least that's something that doesn't need refrigeration. Another thing I take with me are those small cartons of milk. Of course, there are the 100 calorie packs of almonds (or you dole them out for yourself), dried fruit, dried edamame, just some ideas of things you can take with you. ((((BIG HUG))) What about those individually sealed cheese sticks? Good for you losing! If it were me, I'm sure I'd be stress eating about now.

Joyce - poor Mozart

Rita - so glad to hear about your brother doing so well

Better post this before I forget (like I did yesterday)

Michele in NC
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Pip- Which of your dogs is the "redhead"? Maybe a younger picture of Floyd?
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Can't seem to post pics, anyone else having Amazon fire tablet issues?
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    [Becca, at the local hospital complex they have a rehab/ fitness center. When people come into town with patients they can get a 7 day free pass to use the center. You might check if there is anything like that at your hospital complex. The hospital chaplain (if the med center has one- if not a chaplain, surely someone in that hospital fills a similar role) might also know of some resources available to patient families that are not readily obvious.

Rye
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Pip- Which of your dogs is the "redhead"? Maybe a younger picture of Floyd?

the darker redhead is bullwinkle, she's a girl that was a younger pic of her and then a pic of her in her white face glory. i think she'll b 13 this yr

the lighter one is floyd, he's 8 this yr , then there's black yogi
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: Thinking of you. :flowerforyou:

Felicia: Why are you sad that your dog is 8 years old? That seems like a healthy and active age. Is he sick? Our dog is 10 and counting. He went through a bad time in December when he slipped a disc in his back falling off of his bed/stool, but we were able to get good veterinary care & he has come out great. :star:

Today DH & I got our hair cut & I feel better! Yoga today was also good and I'm looking forward to yoga again tomorrow. We're down to two days of yoga week because of lack of teachers. I hope the situation improves before too long.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending." CS Lewis