WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,194 Member
    Mary from Arizona, where abouts? I love the RV life too. No mortgage and debt free. Even putting some away for the first time in my life! I have family around Prescott. Heading for Nevada next week.

RV Rita in Columbus New Mexico
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Janetr LOL! What a circus!

@gpurvis63 Salt & carbs are 2 causes of water retention. When people go on a keto diet, it's not unusual for them to lose 10 lbs in a week due to glycogen stores (carbs in the muscles & liver) being used up. It's almost all water weight that first week or two. Mary has alluded to this.

Carol You lost all your money with Edward Jones? Eeeek!!! Was this in 2001 or 2007-8 by any chance? Somebody from an investment firm came by to talk to us recently about rolling over 401Ks to IRAs and letting them manage it. I just dunno. I have worked so hard and been so frugal to be able to put some money away and now I'm reluctant to let someone else manage it. It feels scary especially when I am so close to retiring. But I don't know that I am doing such a great job myself...I just want to have enough for us to be able to retire comfortably.

I think it's a good idea to pay off the mortgage but I still have one for about 3 more years.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,060 Member
    Pp
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,578 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Pp

Hey Pip
    - did you ride out in that wind today? Looks like it's starting to back off a little bit - heading for Sue north of Seattle!

Glad we didn't lose power.

Lanette
    SW WA State where the trees are all budding!!

• pipcd34
    Stat for the day

Spin- 33min, 143mhr, 126ahr, 111aw, 77ar, 8.3mi= 284c
    Apple Watch- 294c
  • pipcd34
    lhscapil wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Pp

Hey Pip
    - did you ride out in that wind today? Looks like it's starting to back off a little bit - heading for Sue north of Seattle!

Glad we didn't lose power.

Lanette
    SW WA State where the trees are all budding!!

Not today, I ride Monday through Friday
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Lanette, yes I got the orthodic and it’s better than the over the counter one I was using. Ankle still hurts when I walk too much or twist my foot. Not sure when my MRI will be. Where I work has a benefit where if you have a test like an MRI and you schedule it with the most inexpensive place around, they give you a small check. I’m having the MRI changed to a smaller hospital a little further away. It’s so much cheaper that once I have the test, they will send me $100 for having it done cheaper.

Spent all morning spring cleaning my kitchen. It looks so nice and clean. Got rid of everything that was out of date in the refrigerator and gave it a good cleaning. I have so much space now.

Eating has been terrible and I’ve not been tracking. Why can’t I get back on track? Well tomorrow’s a new day.

Welcome newbies! Hugs for those that need one and happy dance for the losers.

Terry in VT
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    How are my pacific coast ladies surviving today? We've had lots of rain and some wind gusts, but no power outage here.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • pipcd34
    mewxn0uczh88.jpg