WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,203 Member
    :heart:
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Sitting here with my foot on a cool pack googling "magic instant cure for plantars fasciitis", anybody got one? Friday felt pain on bottom of left foot at edge between heel and arch. Worse standing, stepping, sharp all the way to hip. Sitting or lying eases to burning throb. Self medicated with ice, hot tub, aspirin. Abbreviated stroll with Tumble around yard a little painful. Otherwise it eased by end of day, slept well. Saturday morning did recommended stretches in bed, eased out to upright OWWWWWW! More ice/hot tub, ibuprofen. No Tumble stroll, no Dog group, no practice line dances, pfui. Again eased by end of day and slept well. Woke up to no pain. Did stretches, eased slooowwwly upbright, BAM! Owwie owwie OWWIE. So please dear friends send me the silver bullet, I want to shoot this foot OFF!

Haven't read since Page 12 but will probably catch up today as I don't see myself driving to church, walking up to communion or doing ANYTHING productive.

Grumpliy,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

Barbara, the only thing that helps mine is a) weight loss, and b) writing the alphabet with my toes, legs hanging off the bed, every single morning of my life. Also strengthened my ankles to the point where I no longer sprain them walking across the carpet, so bonus!

Lisa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,060 Member
    ;;;;
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Carol - Thank you for the compliment of my HS picture.

Machka - I guess I missed the part of 'how' your Dh got his injuries, other than knowing he had been put into a durg related coma. I'd be asking for his medical records or sitting down with the MD treating him and asking pointed questions. If you don't get a 'believeable' answer I'd go talk to the CEO of the hospital and voice your concerned. Of course, if your husband did not give them permission to tell anybody he was there; or wasn't able to 'where did they get the information why he was there'? I would have thought they would have needed the information from you, his wife. But, now hospitals and MDs are 'hiding' behind H.I.P.P.A. When I was put into the hospital back in November, they would not let Louis leave my Cpap with them, so I actually went about 2 or more weeks without on, then they gave me one that the mask was too big; and, I kept getting up and not able to go back to sleep at 12 Midnight and 3:00am. I kept complaining about it and finally, about 3 days before I got out, they sent up a respiratory therapy, and the first thing to come out of his mouth was, "I can see what the problem is, the mask is 'way' too big, I can fix that." He changed it out and I was able to sleep most of the night, He was telling me that I should have been having one because, not only can it affect your heart, I could have had a stroke. I did tell my MD about it and other things, because I felt like he needed to know.

I don't know about paying off a house, if there is any tax ramifications; but, if you 'sell' it you only have a certain period of time before there are some, if you do not invest the proceeds from the sale into another one. You might want to ask your tax person, or if you do your own, then someone who knows that answer - a CPA.

I wish we had the money to pay off our house; but, that isn't a possibility for either of us unless the other dies; and, I am not planning on going anywhere and hope that DH feels the same. Then I guess each of us will decide what to do.

Today I am on a 'liquid' diet - it isn't feeling me up. I did have a fried egg this morning and a protein bar with my 'almost' black coffe with just a little sugar in it.

I've made the bed and loaded the dishwashe and need to pick up a few things so that Louis won't have to do it later.

Take care!
    Lenora
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,060 Member
    stats for the day:

rowing machine- 15min, 135ahr, 146mhr, 101aw, 2974meters= 155c
    Apple Watch- 147c
    Fl exercises- 33.56min, 17diff ever, 1setof 20ea, 154mhr, 258c
    Apple Watch- 225c

total cal 413
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 861 Member
    Heather, so glad both boys are now aware, must be such a load off of your mind! The beer tasting could be tricky.... does he HAVE to taste it? Can he not trust someone else's opinion? Does he at least have the option of spitting it out rather than swallowing? I know that might not be the total answer, but might be better than actually drinking it. Will be thinking about him....
    Machka, thanks so much for taking the time to update us. I have to agree with Wendy and Kylia (I think?), the doctors shouldn't be "protecting" you from knowing what's happening. I'm sure the trach will be more comfortable, I understand the intubation is quite uncomfortable, and I think it's usually only done when people are in a coma, whether it's medically induced or otherwise.
    Terrible, terrible accident yesterday in Saskatchewan, so tragic. Many thoughts going out to families and friends.
    The headline in this morning's paper said 15 dead, several injured, some critically, so I guess that means the death toll could rise. Still not sure what happened, pictures showed one heck of a mess tho.
    Sure makes any issues that I'm having right now seem pretty trivial!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island, where it kind of feels like spring might be coming...
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited April 2018
    kevrit wrote: »
    Mary how are winters there? Are there any state parks in the area?

RV Rita in New Mexico

There are several state, regional and RV parks near us. The winter weather was beautiful here. Occasionally we had to wear jackets. We've been here since September and have been in the pool or outside hiking or playing games on a regular basis.

Lenora - I was told there is no longer a requirement to reinvest proceeds from the sale of your property.

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2018
    Rori Hope your sprained foot is better soon.

Joyce So sorry for Trinity. Suicide is so devastating. Have had 2 close family members commit suicide and it just wastes you. For a long time.

Machka! (((Hugs)))

Sharon Keira is adorable. I am so sorry about the bus crash. Devastating. :'(

NYKAREN Yay! You made it through the judging! Lucky kids to have someone like you doing the judging.

Heather Sounds as if your younger son dealt with the news of your childhood trauma admirably. What a relief to get that behind you! I am in awe of the way you handled the whole thing. Edie looks like she is a natural. She will love running with her grandma!

Katla Would you post a pic of Alberta Spruce in her new digs?

Carol in Georgia I wonder if it was Wild Oats stock.

Barbara Souther Oregon My plantar fasciitis used to reduce me to tears. After lots of trial and error, including seeing a podiatrist, wearing orthotics, wearing expensive shoes, having heel injections, etc., my plantar fasciitis was cured by:

1) wearing Crocs. Initially I wore them whenever I was on my feet, even in the shower (careful, can be slippery) and as bedroom slippers.
    2) religiously stretching calves and hamstrings daily, but not the plantar surface of my feet (that just re-injured my feet).
    3) wearing an L-shaped splint at night for several weeks.

It took awhile, but I have not had foot pain for years, whether my weight was ideal or not. I still wear Crocs most of the time. When my feet twinge, I know it's time to replace them.

Oooh! you & Beano - a no go! LOL!

Trisha Your dad was so handsome!

Love you all,

Karen in Virginia

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,994 Member
    The advisor was recommended by a very smart and savvy friend so I trust she has my interests in mind..will at least get information from him and have my trusty notepad and questions at hand..
    Taped my 3rd and fourth toe together and it feels better will keep it on for a bit..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    Did Stott Pilates Secret to Flat Abs DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do some hula hoop, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

M – thanks so much for the update. (((HUGS))) I agree, I’m upset for you, too

Sharon – when my son played hockey, there was something about that sport that I liked. Now, you have to understand, I REALLY don’t like violence of any type. But what impressed me was how respectful the team was. I remember that they had to be somewhat dressed (not in jeans with holes in it) when they went into the locker rooms (they probably even had to wear a tie). The players may have been hard when playing on one another, but they really pulled thru for someone if there was a problem. The comradery to me was something you don’t see in other sports. I was so sad to hear about this crash. You have a lovely granddaughter

Need to run to Aldi. I totally forgot to get apples for tomorrow night (we’re really busy all day Monday so I won’t have a chance to go earlier). This is the only store that I know of that carries this type of apple. Hope they have some!

Carol – regarding dental health – we’re in the same situation as you are. When Vince worked, we had great coverage. I remember all the 3 kids got braces and insurance paid 80% of it (for each kid). Now that he’s retired, we don’t have any. Sometimes it can get really expensive.

Michele in NC