WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Thanks Pip! I’ll let you know if I need your boot to stay in my safe zone!

Okie
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    B) Just passing through! Happy Monday to All!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,060 Member
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Machka- (((hugs))) and prayers for you and your husband. It sounds like he is getting exceptional care. You sound like you are doing amazing under these circumstances. Let us know if you need anything from us. <3

Heather - you are quite the inspiration! Congratulations on your book! I hope everything goes well with the publishers!

Okie - Congratulations on hitting your goal! There are many of us on maintenance here that can help you with advice if needed.

I myself have a little different type of maintenance since I am in the process of recomposition. I have been doing what is called a bulk where you eat slightly above maintenance so that you can build muscle and strength. I have a 10 pound gain window that I stay within. Today is the start of my cut cycle. Now I will lose that 10 pounds and will probably go down in fat content and up in muscle content. One important note is that I have not gone up in size at all. Although I do have some visible fat which they call fluff around my stomach that I did not have prior to starting. Which was to be expected. You can also see larger muscles and greater muscle definition as well. Today I start my three week Keto challenge which I know will lose that 10 pounds probably within the first two weeks. When I eat a keto diet fat melts off my body very quickly. Now to get up and do my exercises and prep for the day!

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Karen in VA. LOL No I did not look like that when I was four. Personally I think little ones should be allowed to enjoy being young and innocent as long as possible. Life happens and they grow up way too fast without help.

Janetr OKC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Janetr ~ Olivia is beautiful. That photo reminds me of a card that might have existed during the 20's or 30's.

Carol in GA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,194 Member
    Plantar fasciitis only thing that helped me is foot doc gave steroid shot then I rolled frozen bottle of water under it. I do that whenever it acts up. I also only buy shoes with high arch supports so only New Balance or Sketchers seem to work for me.

DH is stalling on the move again. He is bored here but is more afraid of leaving. I just have to go along with whatever he wants to avoid confrontation again.

RV Rita in New Mexico
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Thanks Mary!

Okie
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Felicia It's your money, girlfriend. Just look at it as an interest free loan you gave the government. That was generous enough. <3

Karen in Virginia
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited April 2018
    Machka ... I'd be talking and touching as much as I could with your husband. I don't have the links/studies to back it up (it's out there though), but individuals in comas hear more than we think. As for the touch part, there's boat loads of data that supports touch as being healing. When my OS was in the intensive care unit after his premature birth (3 months worth), I talked to him and gently touched him as much as they would allow. Both the doctors and I were convinced that it helped ... science has since proved that it did.

Taxes ... I try not to have a refund and pay only a small amount if possible. A large refund indicates the government borrowed my money interest free. Of course, the government is not so generous when the shoe is on the other foot ... when you OWE, you pay penalties (interest).

Beth

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,847 Member
    Okie- Woo-hoo! congrats to you! So proud of you and thank you for the inspiration!

Carol/Peach- I keep forgetting to tell you how much I love that brooch in your profile picture! You should wear it instead of selling it!! You've got moxie! Pin that girl on yourself! <3