Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    <3
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, love your thought of ringing us all up for a cup of tea. What a fun get together that would be. Nice posted pictures.

Betsy in NW Washington
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,526 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Lovelies!

Took only two dialings and less than 15 minutes to thread the robot maze to speak with a real IRS person... guess why? The IRS' computer system is down with no ETA on when it will be back up. HAHAHA HAH!
    I felt sorry for the gal. ;)

Machka (((hugs))). Sending you patient energy from my heart. Baby steps.
    Heather Brava! Browsing the quick look inspired me to install the Kindle app for pc and download your book.
    Carol, icy cold and 30's in GA? [shiver]
    Lisa "single digits" ? Surely not ;)
    SueBDew healing prayers for Connor strength prayers for his family.
    Katla we had chirping smoke detectors in the house we rented before moving here. Problem was the $#@) things were hardwired into cathedral ceilings! So in the middle of the night Joe got out the ladder, climbed up, twisted the doggoned things out and put them, still chirping, in a box of sleeping bags in the garage. Pfui! Turns out they did have batteries and it was the low battery alarm, but HONESTLY who would put them up where they could neither be tested nor maintained???
    pip fingers X'd.

Yes, we were renters for a year. Joe took great care of the yard, we certainly didn't wreck the house, but I did leave greasy kitchen cabinets (I was exhausted). Professional cleaning didn't entirely rid the scent of incontinent old dog from one room. We left our fridge (instead of moving it from Idaho to Oregon) and our wonderful, faithful, reliable, 30yr old Maytag washer/dryer (no natural gas at destination). Owners refunded our $500 deposit despite having to clean cabinets and re-clean or replace living room carpet. We felt that was fair to both. And yes we paid an additional $100/month pet fee for our two 25 lb terriers which I imagine would have recarpeted the entire house. Like Rye I prefer hard surface (thinking vinyl plank) as easier to clean... but Scooter legs are slipping out from under him on the laminate so we've put area rugs down.

Welcome Kristine and Felechia, this is THE group for compassion and motivation. Welcome!

Some blue sky patches, hoping Joe will take us to the beach even tho' it's only in the chilly low 40s. Warm hugs to all, especially those blizzarded in.
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,382 Member
    Options
    Sending loads of love to everyone who is reading the book. Thank you. o:)<3<3<3<3
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: We have already received our tax refund. I was surprised there even was such a thing anymore. :laugh: Your chirping smoke detectors sound like last night's "wakeup call." We put batteries into the smoke detector that would accept them and everything quieted down. The other one is wired into the house electricity and didn't need anything. I'm glad it was resolved, but what an unpleasant way to wake up. :ohwell:

Penny: It is great to hear from you! The snow looks lovely and like a great playground. :star:

The painters are getting our house ready for paint. All of the windows are now covered with plastic. I wonder how long it will be before they actually apply paint. We supposedly have a 70% chance of rain today, but dry weather tomorrow, Thursday & Friday. It will be nice to have this done and be able to see outside again. Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather forecast is correct and the paint gets done. :star:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.”
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - you are too cute :)
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Michele ~ Would love to see how you have arranged all the ceramics you and your hubby have created. I bet they make a very colorful array around your pool.

Rye ~ You look great! Your father sounds like he has probably lived a wonderful life traveling to all those places to pursue his hobby of climbing.

Mary ~ Your new park spot looks very inviting.

Beth ~ I can’t imagine all the snow you and NY Karen and many more of our Northern chatters are dealing with. I bragged that Spring had sprung over the weekend as it was in the high 70’s. But, yesterday it went down to the 30’s and was icy cold.

Kylia ~ Sorry if this is too much information.
    When our last renters left we had to buy one of those machines that gets rid of cigarette smell and ran it for several days. Very expensive. Then we had to replace broken bedroom doors, make repairs in the baths (they moved all the towel bars and didn’t fix the sheet rock), new carpet, new blinds, new screens, painted the entire house inside, replaced a missing fire alarm, repaired the garage door, and a new roof & A/C system (which was needed). We couldn’t charge them for the damage because they had to be evicted after not paying the rent for 2-1/2 mos. When we got all that done, we hired a real estate company to find a new renter and she seems to be very good and responsible.

Heather ~ I will be ordering your book for my Fire tablet but must admit that it takes me forever to read a book. So, I probably will not be commenting on it for a while. I know it will be very successful.

For the last two nights I have slept fitfully and tossed and turned for hours....left side, back, right side and repeat all over again. When I finally get up, I feel like I have been beaten. Told DH that tonight I will get out of bed and stay up if it happens again. May take some melatonin but notice that I have a head ache the next day if I take it.

Good Wishes and Blessings for All,
    Carol in GA

Carol, I've read that taking melatonin pills can have some bad side effects but that you can use tart cherry juice, or supplements as an alternative without negative side effects. I have started taking a tart cherry/turmeric pill each night because I've been reading that melatonin is a "youthing" hormone and it's levels drop as you get older which accounts for sleeping difficulties.