WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: Welcome to Onederland! Way to go!!! :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

Rebecca: Enjoy your new adventure. New home, better health and adventure seems like a winning combination if it is combined with rest and relaxation. Using the gym at the base is a great asset for both of you. I hope you'll take advantage of what it has to offer. :star:

terewilliams: WELCOME BACK!!! :bigsmile:

Lanette: We've never seen a whale in our part of the river. I would love it if a pod of Orcas moved to the vicinity to eat sea lions. There is an article online about humpback whales in the Columbia River in 2016 & another in 2017. :heart: They stayed down river below the Astoria/Megler Bridge. Unfortunately they eat salmon and anchovies, not sea lions. :grumble:

Kate UK: We are seeing less antibiotics prescribed here, too. It was a growing problem and the antibiotics were getting into the water supply. In my imagination, that might create super germs that can ignore antibiotics. I didn't actually look it up but I'm betting that is a good guess. They are still available here, but only in some situations. :flowerforyou:

I have a bruised right thumb today. It is a bit red and swollen, but not black and blue at this point. I think I got it tangled in the lunge line during my riding lesson yesterday. My husband jumped to the conclusion that I'm getting arthritis in the joint. I doubt it and certainly hope he is wrong.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"It is not selfish to be happy. It is your highest purpose. Your joy is the greatest contribution you can make to life on the planet. A heart at peace with its owner blesses everyone it touches." ~ Alan Cohen

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Love the photos!

Lisa ... congratulations on onderland!

Kim... hugs...

Machka ... continued prayers.

NYKaren ... I just read that studies have shown that smiling ... even when you don't feel like it ... actually sends a message to the brain that in turn causes the brain to release endorphins that in turn help you feel better.

We only got a skim coat of ice Sunday ... but it's been raining and miserable. Supposed to have snow showers tomorrow ... blech

Beth

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I am excited as it is to be 48 degrees here today. I am off at 3pm and have to go to heart doctor. Not expecting anything new ( I hope) as just my yearly checkup that I skipped last year.

Heather--Great news on the book. Hope the sleep issues with you and DH get worked out. I am having trouble sleeping also. Minute my head hits the pillow my mind takes off. Hugs!!

Allie--Good news about the will. Hope it makes things easier.

Machka--Sending hugs and prayers.

Katie--WOW! great job. Looks so inviting for the new baby.

Rebecca--I know it will not be easy, but just be yourself at the gym and I bet others will not judge you and it's a chance to meet others. You can do this.

Felicia--Happy dance for DES.

Meg--So how do you like this crazy weather? I am so glad most of the snow was west of us. I am so ready for Spring.
    Not a lot else to say here, Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Katla Totally get it about the antibiotics but as I could have died through not getting treated early enough I'm kind of scared to stop my low dose.

Kate UK <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Just discovered we have all 6 seasons of St Elsewhere on ALL4 loved that show will try it. Wonder how dated it will look made in 1980s

Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,377 Member
    Options
    PS - worrying about Joyce.

Heather UK XXXXXX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,744 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,102 Member
    Options
    Many of the essential oils are anti-bacterial and anti- viral. I do treat them like medicine and use them accordingly. Might be an alternative for using antibiotics for some. Have to be careful with pets and children.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    So we did some machines, and then I did 1.42 miles on the treadmill for 31 minutes. It said I did 2k on the trail, on the screen. I averaged 145-151 heartbeats per min, I need to research what my target range is. I felt good afterwards. Husband and I are planning this a daily thing, with the weekends off. Husband was always close by, so that was comforting.
    Rebecca
    About ready to have a spinach, cucumber, cottage cheese, wild rice, and jalapeno cheese tortilla! Yummy!!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    Greetings Ladies!

I’m home! Well, almost. I’m in the car on the way home.

Lisa - Welcome to Onederland! You’ve worked hard for it!

Machka - continued prayers and hugs!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Tere – welcome back!

Rebecca – Love the old phone, and just the stop and sit a moment – as for the obese folks at the gym, they are out there, they just aren’t doing anything about it…it’s tough but you could be the roll model starting a movement!

Heather – what a pain, the createspace sounds like a great idea but not very intuitive. Hope the cystitis is a false alarm and goes away

Felicia – great news about your son!

Lisa – great news about onederland!!!!!

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    5io7bq8ggx1h.jpg
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Our rental home's rental lease is a bit odd. Not only can we not have pets, we can not have visiting pets either. That makes having my middle son, his wife and two dogs, not happen. I suppose my son would have to put them in a boarding place. On the good side, included in the rental is a lawnmover, cleaning products, and there was cleaning products already in each bathroom. The downside, there is electrical issues, some sockets not working.
    Rebecca