WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Lisa, Congrats!!! Doing the Onederland dance for ya!!!! That's awesome! And with the move too! You rock girl!!
    Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,826 Member
    Options
    well going to brush my teeth and off to work..
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rori: I'll take a dose of that sunshine. We don't have snow, but we have loads of water in the river and it is HIGH. This is really good news for the baby salmon travelling downstream. :ohwell: :bigsmile:

DrKatie: Your room is very appealing. Great job!!! :star:

Mary: Do your nephew and his dad also do the polar bear swim? :huh:

(((Kim))) It seems like your mom is leaning on you hard. You are a good daughter and need to take good care of yourself, too. :heart:

Rebecca: Love the photo of your DH in his hospital garb. What a great smile and attitude. :bigsmile: How does he like Whidbey?

We were awakened by a fire alarm chirping this morning. There isn't any smoke in the house and we can't figure out what caused it to chirp. It is quiet now. We have two of alarms side by side. One is battery operated and has a reassuring green light. The other is wired into the electricity. It is quiet once again but we don't know why it chirped in the first place.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.”
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Some wired into electricity have a battery, in case the electricity goes out. A back up plan.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    Ocotillo cactus. Rest of it looks like dead sticks with thorns!

RV Rita in New Mexico
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn, I so enjoy seeing pictures of your famiky. Puts a warm feeling in my heart. You are truly and wonderfully blessed.

Thanks for sharing with us. <3

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Lisa- :D Congratulations :D I am so happy for you! Especially with such a big change in your life you are doing a fantastic job!

Margaret - my son-in-law just informed me that they're supposed to get snow this Wednesday… Enough already! I used to love having a snow day until we had to start making them up! Stay warm!

Marcelyn - Beautiful picture of your family! Nice to see you posting here again!

Just waking up. Got to get an early start on my exercise I plan on reorganizing the RV today. I want to start getting ready for the travel home if it ever stops snowing there!

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Yay, Lisa! Onederland for you!

Hugs, Kim. You are in an impossible situation. You can only do what you can do. Just keep on keeping on the best you can.

I’m doing a total restart today. My goal is to make it through today, keeping my boundaries, and taking it easy. I will exercise, but at my pace. I just feel totally blah.

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,974 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Loving daddy’s shoe! :D

RV Rita laughing at Wicket in New Mexico

Dang! Pic won’t upload!
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I'm back!

Hooray!!! One of my favorite people. <3

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Last chance for a copy of Younger Next Year for Women" Send me a message if you want it.

I highly recommend this book if you haven't read it. Lots of good advice with an appropriate dose of butt kicking.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn - fabulous photo! The grands held still just fine ;) Thank you for sharing!

Tere - great too see you - please fill us in when you get a chance, you have been on my mind ;-)

NY Karen - " dress for the job you want, not the job you have" ... that is so true in so many areas of our lives. Thank you for the reminder! Your meals for the week sound yummy!

Heather - why don't they think women over 60 get cystitis? Good luck with the cranberry juice. Good idea getting prepped before your trip! Glad you are getting things settled with your book. So many things have too many options these days. Overwhelming and aggravating, lol.

Kylia and Michele - thank you for the mattress info. I checked them both. There's a mattress store in our area called "Mattress Ranch" that sells hybrids - foam over steel coils, they come rolled up. I tried them out and they were cushy, have a 10 year guarantee. Our friends bout one three years ago and it is still holding up well. So might go that route.

Carol
    - I miss Joyce too! Glad to hear spring has sprung in Georgia B)

Becca - what a precious memorial to your mom. A sun porch! I am jealous! Going to the gym will be exciting - I mainly went to walk on the treadmill and people-watch. Met some nice ladies too - great talks in the locker room and parking lot. SO happy your DH is doing so well! Do you want us to call you Becca or Rebecca?

Mary - I like your new spot! Great to be closer to technology. I love the tree too! Shep is just adorable. I know so many folks who have German Shepherds and just love them; they are so smart. If we were younger - so far trying to outsmart the mini schnauzer has kept us on our toes. At least I can pick her up before she gets into too much trouble. Those snow photos will be fun to look at when it's 100 degrees out, lol.

Tracie - I was able to find old radio programs/podcasts on TuneIn last night. Wish they had a sleepy emoji here, lol. I was up late checking them all out.

Margaret - Are you getting wind with that snow? Snowdrifts? Enjoy your snow day!

Katla - crazy fire alarm - hope it has settled down. Have whales ever traveled up the river to your area?

Katiebug - your nursery photos are an inspiration for sure. Good job! B)

Lisa, once I've gone through everything on Acorn I see I need to switch over to BritBox. Glad you found the appliances you needed, your rental will soon truly be a home. Congrats on Wonderland!!

I found a new British TV series to watch on Acorn: The Good Karma Hospital. Very good!

OK better close. Have a good day!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER really surprised that you couldn't get antibiotics. Look after yourself, you know what happened to me about 6 years ago, looking back now I reckon I developed sepsis and was lucky that in hospital they bombarded me with antibiotics. Haven't had UTI since they advised low dose antibiotic every day but would like to stop taking it just a bit scared.

Kate UK <3
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It is crazy in Toronto - Ice Storm. It was a lazy day yesterday. Need to start my walking again but my knee is killing me. My goal for April is to lose 9lbs. Not doing to well so far. I need to step up my game. Down 3lbs only so far. Really slow progress. Not giving up. One day I will be under the 200lbs. You all are my inspiration. Thank you for posting.
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Marcelyn - fabulous photo! The grands held still just fine ;) Thank you for sharing!

Tere - great too see you - please fill us in when you get a chance, you have been on my mind ;-)

NY Karen - " dress for the job you want, not the job you have" ... that is so true in so many areas of our lives. Thank you for the reminder! Your meals for the week sound yummy!

Heather - why don't they think women over 60 get cystitis? Good luck with the cranberry juice. Good idea getting prepped before your trip! Glad you are getting things settled with your book. So many things have too many options these days. Overwhelming and aggravating, lol.

Kylia and Michele - thank you for the mattress info. I checked them both. There's a mattress store in our area called "Mattress Ranch" that sells hybrids - foam over steel coils, they come rolled up. I tried them out and they were cushy, have a 10 year guarantee. Our friends bout one three years ago and it is still holding up well. So might go that route.

Carol
    - I miss Joyce too! Glad to hear spring has sprung in Georgia B)

Becca - what a precious memorial to your mom. A sun porch! I am jealous! Going to the gym will be exciting - I mainly went to walk on the treadmill and people-watch. Met some nice ladies too - great talks in the locker room and parking lot. SO happy your DH is doing so well! Do you want us to call you Becca or Rebecca?

Mary - I like your new spot! Great to be closer to technology. I love the tree too! Shep is just adorable. I know so many folks who have German Shepherds and just love them; they are so smart. If we were younger - so far trying to outsmart the mini schnauzer has kept us on our toes. At least I can pick her up before she gets into too much trouble. Those snow photos will be fun to look at when it's 100 degrees out, lol.

Tracie - I was able to find old radio programs/podcasts on TuneIn last night. Wish they had a sleepy emoji here, lol. I was up late checking them all out.

Margaret - Are you getting wind with that snow? Snowdrifts? Enjoy your snow day!

Katla - crazy fire alarm - hope it has settled down. Have whales ever traveled up the river to your area?

Katiebug - your nursery photos are an inspiration for sure. Good job! B)

Lisa, once I've gone through everything on Acorn I see I need to switch over to BritBox. Glad you found the appliances you needed, your rental will soon truly be a home. Congrats on Wonderland!!

I found a new British TV series to watch on Acorn: The Good Karma Hospital. Very good!

OK better close. Have a good day!

Lanette
    SW WA State

Thanks Lanette! Well, with this move, I decided to mentally leave Becca in the past. Many years ago, well in 2010 l thought Becca was so cute. The fact that other men called me that, used to seem so exciting. So new place new view, and the past leave long gone. Rebecca seems more me. It seems more honest.
    I appreciate you!
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Felicia, So glad you had a positive weekend! Your eldest sounds like a sweetheart, just trying to make his way. Here's mine staring at me on messenger chat!
    jqo44odvop3v.jpeg
    Just listen, notice the moments, and breathe.
    Hope your socket feels better!
    Have a blessed day!
    Rebecca