WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Oh and there is this huge barn where Wendy and Kayla ride their horses! Wendy, our bed keeper provides us with glorious honey! We have a morning kettle ball class run by Mary and we swing all in unision!!! What a great movie!!!
    Rebecca

Haha, Rebecca, love it, and we all go for a daily walk with Barbie and all our dogs!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: You have a grand imagination! Are you secretly an author of best selling books about the adventures of old friends? :wink: Nice job working out. :star:

Wendy: I take turmeric every day but I didn't know there was a version that includes tart cherry. It sounds appealing and useful. :smiley:

The painters have put plastic up to protect our windows when they paint. It is raining and hailing today, so it is obvious that painting is at least a day or two away and our lovely view is totally hidden.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”

- Lucille Ball

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Your retreat sounds wonderful!

Heather - can't wait to check out your book!

Penny
    - I remember the days of snow caves growing up in Indiana in the 50's! Wonderful memories!

Karen in VA - lucky you in CA! I am officially starving for oranges now, lol. Or are they lemons? Either way, I can't imagine just going out and picking citrus like that.

Our little housecleaner did a good job. She's a little spitfire. Back in 2 weeks.

Looks like a week upcoming of rather sunny weather so will be repotting some tomatoes tomorrow into 1 gallon containers, they are outgrowing their warm shelf in the garage.

Lanette
    Sunny SW State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,748 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    :):):):):):)

Trish from OZ
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I am with Rebecca that will be what heaven looks like xoxoxo
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Watching episode 3 series 1 of St Elsewhere Denzel Washington is so young, loving it as much as the first watch in 1980s

Kate UK <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    Suebdew - lovely to see spring has sprung! How gorgeous! Is that a Pecan orchard I see in the background?

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Heather, thanks so much for posting the info about your book. I haven't yet looked on Amazon, but will soon. Will have to do the paperback version, can't read on the computer in bed and don't own a Kindle (yes, I'm the one person who doesn't own one! lol)
    Michele, the gnome is just adorable!
    Lisa, the furniture looks lovely! Nice that your son is living close enough to see on a regular basis, but still far enough away that you can still have your own lifestyle! Congrats on onederland!
    Sue, your garden looks lovely! I have a few daffodils blooming, my tulips are budding, grape hyacinth and bluebells are also budding. The two blueberry bushes that I dug up and brought with us (that was not easy to do!) seem to be doing okay, hoping for some fruit this year! One had fruit on it a few years ago, last year it got disturbed, so nothing :( . Keeping my fingers crossed for this year.
    Machka, again, thank you so much for taking the time to keep us updated! So happy to hear that hubby is showing some improvement and that you are getting into a bit of a routine.
    Rentals: haven't had to rent for many years, but when we were, apartments always had fridge and stove, laundry was communal. Only ever had one rental apartment with a dishwasher, wouldn't get one now without! Houses seem to usually have laundry also, but sometimes just the hook-ups. We didn't go for those as we couldn't afford to buy the appliances. When we bought our first house, we had to purchase all appliances, we bought used as, again, we just couldn't afford to get all new. As the appliances died (the clothes washer went first - it worked hard!) we replaced. When we sold to the developer and the house was being torn down, we kept the fridge and got all the other appliances new. We bought a new build, basic appliances were included, but we upgraded a bit. We sold for more than we had to pay so we had the luxury of upgrading a few things! Our fridge was only a few years old and we really like it so..... Sold our washer and dryer, and the fridge and washer from the other side of the duplex, gave our stove and dishwasher to our son and daughter in law. Didn't sell the appliances for a lot of money, but every little bit helps and we just wanted someone else to be able to use them.
    Have been just skimming for the past week or so, too many posts to keep up with!
    Welcome to the newbies, hugs for those needing them and congrats to those celebrating victories!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,748 Member
    Options
    Uuuu
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    REBECCA love you, you have such a great imagination and wouldn't it be great if we could all get together and chat and walk and run and cook up a storm.

Kate UK <3 [

Awe, ditto! You really are all my "sisters-in-hearts".
    Rebecca
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Just learned yesterday my grandson is in hospital with partial smAll bowel obstruction. He was a preemie and had several surgeries on his intestines. He is 15 now and runs track. Please say a prayer or good wishes for Connor.
    SueBDew in TX

I'll remember Connor in prayer. It's hard too young ones suffer. Keep us updated. (((Hugs)))

Janetr OKC