WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Barbara AHMOD - yes, I generally put row cover or plastic over the front of the plants' "incubator" especially at night when it gets chilly. Oh, and that photo was misleading. The lights are generally only 1" above the plants, nearly "kissing" them. Keeps them from getting leggy. I lower the lights as much as I can - they have little chains - then stack the little plants and their heat mats on boxes to get them up close and comfy under those lights which really don't put out any heat. Warmth on the bottom, light on the top. Water a lot but let them drain. Class dismissed, lol.

Need to get walk in then start getting soil mixed for potting up tomatoes kissing the lights! <3

Lanette
    Chilly but sunny SW WA State. High of 63 today!
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Trish, cute kids!

Karen, a new baby, how wonderful.

Heather, where can I get your book?

Kelly, you are super woman. Your family is lucky to have you be someone who is willing to put in extra. But to keep going, you will have to take some time for yourself. I’m like you with plants. I only have one at home which is a Christmas cactus. I’ve had it for years and it is quiet big now. I water it maybe 3 times a year.

Lisa, love, love, love the bed. We need a head and foot board for ours.

((SueBDew))

Keep sending those pictures of flowers ladies. Still snowing here.

Terry in VT where we have decided to skip spring this year.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3 Thanks everybody!
    Barbara Southern Oregon Yes that is Daddy in the background!

K from VA in CA
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    KJ you are such a positive forward moving person, I really admire you. I’m sure you have done so, but make certain you are charging enough. So many responses so quickly makes me guess the demand for quality odd time care is high. So don’t undersell yourself.

I admit I’m worried about you, KJ, that sounds like a lot more than I’d be capable of taking on. I wish I could actually do something, but I am thinking of you.

Rye
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    467976cko9hdq4re.gif
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Congrats Karen!!! 123510vl41zvzjt7.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,734 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Kate - Thanks! <3<3Lisa - Thanks! <3<3 I'm sure you know how important those dang reviews are! :o

Terry - You go to amazon and type in

me I am heather eyles

That takes you to the kindle version. At the bottom it says paperback. Click that for the print copy. Thanks. :D

Trish - Gorgeous great grandson! Fabulous! And sweet little girl. :)

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Go Meg! :D:D:D<3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,823 Member
    Options
    Meg~ you look stunning love the blue eyes and God Bless you for helping out~I need to
    get more involved in that kind of stuff..
    Tal is off with her mom and grandpa grocery shopping and will be picking them both up early in the morning for a day of lots of things to do..
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ What a beautiful place you visited. <3
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    KJ--Sounds like you are doing all you can to save the ship from sinking. Glad to hear you are feeling better about it. Don't forget to take time for yourself.

Meg--Thank you for helping out at a very worthy cause.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did Kathy Smith’s Lift Weights to Lose Weight DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD on the rebounder

Wendy – They are definitely bees. Great – bees go to water supplies. And where did I find them? By the pool! I was hoping if anyone could help me, you could.

Karen from VA – Ok, I’m officially in love. How do our members manage to have such adorable kiddos?

Kate – I’m the same way as you. I also enjoy going to the gym. For one thing, for the socialization. The gym I’m going to right now doesn’t have much in the way of socialization. But sometimes I do need the machines and this way I don’t have to have these big machines in my house. Maybe it’s because I haven’t been a member there for very long.

KJ – yes, it’s me who is very good with silk flowers!!! I even managed to kill a cactus once! I remember Vince had a (I think it was a wandering Jew) that was supposed to be very hardy. He told me when to water it (he had to go away on business). He even poured the water out for me so I couldn’t overwater it. What happened? It died. I swear, all I did was look at it. Please take care of yourself. It’s good that you’ll be doing something you love, tho. I, too, hate what you have to do but admire you for doing it

Katla – the dog’s “watering service” reminded me of The Big Bang Theory where Raj was eating a tomato, exclaiming how good it was, until he found out how it was fertilized.

Heather – I’m going to download the Kindle app onto my tablet and get your book. That’ll give me reading while I’m at the Green Room. Many times I need something to read

Stopped at the Salvation Army since I haven’t been able to this month since I’m counting at the church. Got another shirt for exercising. Hey, $3 versus like $15 at the stores. Works for me!!! Then stopped at Aldi, first took this cutting board Denise gave me at her shower so that they can make the words etched into the wood darker. Why she got it this way is beyond me. Newcomer bowling tonight

Meg – what a wonderful thing you do. Those smiles!

Better post this before I run out of time! Have a good day everyone

Michele from NC